Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

SteamboatJoe

Please explain to me how Toy Story would fit in Frontier land.
Even if you stretched to say it would be a "Woody's round up" that still doesn't quite fit the area of the land. I just don't buy it. Sorry
Somehow cut-out critters from a fake 1950s TV show in a movie (in which it plays a minor, backstory roll) equate to a romanticized 1880s frontier town.

righttrack

As much as The Country Bears are part of WDW history, it's not a museum. I agree with that. We've got an attraction here that is largely just an air-conditioned nap for many people. I don't think Walt or even his brother would cling to something this long. Carousel of Progress I completely get, it was Walt's vision realized. Carousel and It's a Small World are untouchable. Everything else should be modernized. When audio-anamatronics debuted, the bears were a technical and artistic marvel. A lot has changed and kids and their parents have changed. It's time to move on.

SteamboatJoe

one that would never occur. no return on investment. this is TWDC stop acting like theres some kind of good moral compass here. theres one thing. cash.
I get and agree with overall point, but MK is already bursting at the seams and this ride won't charge admission. If they want to move merchandise, just put more Woody's Round Up garb in one of the existing Frontierland stores.

SteamboatJoe

Replace, not add, a unique original Frontier Land attraction with primary color toys, genius🥴
Maybe update Bears and make toys as targets in Shootin’ Arcade is a better idea
Wondering when the re-theming of the Liberty Square Riverboat with Buzz Lightyear will be announced🤔
Updating the shooting arcade instead was the first thought I had as well. And that thing actually does charge a fee to use.

trainplane3

Please explain to me how Toy Story would fit in Frontier land.
Even if you stretched to say it would be a "Woody's round up" that still doesn't quite fit the area of the land. I just don't buy it. Sorry
Woody makes or used to make appearances in FL. Not saying it makes sense (or a good thing), but it's a thing.
Please enjoy my poor humor from 2016...

justintheharris

This would be AWESOME if a quality job is done. The key word being quality. It’s time for Magic Kingdom to move on. This attraction is a historical relic and Magic Kingdom is not a museum. Plus lets be honest this isn’t exactly a sought after attraction.
As cringey as the idea of a Toy Story Show sounds, the average guest couldn't care less about the Country Bear Jamboree...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom