News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Squishy

After riding it today it needs a major track replacement stat it was horrible. What was once my favorite ride needs to be closed because it is just bad right now.
I never get why people keep saying space mountain needs a major track replacement, I feel like its more of the effects that need a replacement.

GlacierGlacier

I never get why people keep saying space mountain needs a major track replacement, I feel like its more of the effects that need a replacement.
Space Mountain is the oldest operating coaster in Florida. Period. Very, very few things are designed to go nearly 50 years without some major upgrade or refurbishment. It deserves a lot of work.

Bocabear

The whole idea of Space Mountain/Space Port is completely different from Tron...One is a futuristic journey through outer space landing on the Earth of the Future... or that is what it was..... Tron is a journey into a computer game taking place on a microchip...
I think they should just take Space Mountain back to it's roots... Make it more the Space Port it was, rehab the exit displays making it more like the city of the Future from Horizons...
If the ride has a complete rehab and adds sound to the cars, it will be a vast improvement...

The Pho

People like to complain. It’s not even remotely a rough coaster compared to plenty, especially at its age. The cars aren’t rickety, they don’t bounce around, they dont rattle. The worst it is is jerky, and that’s more due to people not knowing where the turns are in paring with the seating style. Most coasters of its style are out in the daylight so people can brace for the turns. Matterhorn is much rougher, but because you can see the track, it has no jerky surprises, and that ride isn’t exactly a rough one either.

People are just expecting a wild mouse coaster in the dark to feel like Slinky Dog and Everest, as that is now their expectation having ridden only super smooth coasters at Disney, when that just isn’t the type of ride it is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People like to complain. It’s not even remotely a rough coaster compared to plenty, especially at its age. The cars aren’t rickety, they don’t bounce around, they dont rattle. The worst it is is jerky, and that’s more due to people not knowing where the turns are in paring with the seating style. Most coasters of its style are out in the daylight so people can brace for the turns. Matterhorn is much rougher, but because you can see the track, it has no jerky surprises, and that ride isn’t exactly a rough one either.

People are just expecting a wild mouse coaster in the dark to feel like Slinky Dog and Everest, as that is now their expectation having ridden only super smooth coasters at Disney, when that just isn’t the type of ride it is.

100% agree. It's the lateral forces (the 'jerks' side to side) that are rough. BTMR has the same issue, but, as said, you can see it coming and brace oneself for it.

Space Mt. needs a whole new coaster that's smooth with much much much better FX. I'm forseeing that when GotG is finished, it'll make Space Mountain embarrassed to exist.

jt04

Plus Space Mountain can never be perfect until it is a launched coaster.

Which has the added benefit of increasing capacity btw.

The Pho

100% agree. It's the lateral forces (the 'jerks' side to side) that are rough. BTMR has the same issue, but, as said, you can see it coming and brace oneself for it.

Space Mt. needs a whole new coaster that's smooth with much much much better FX. I'm forseeing that when GotG is finished, it'll make Space Mountain embarrassed to exist.

From the sounds of it, Guardians and Tron are more similar to Rockin Rollercoaster than Space Mountain. Space’s greatest strength is being a surprise coaster, remove that with adding lighting and FX and you remove all thrill. Space really needs the lift hill to be updated more than anything, to look more lifelike and not just have motionless mannequins with minor lighting. Seal the lift hill from the rest of the track and make it look like an updated space station. Altering the track of what is quite arguably the most iconic coaster in the world (that isn’t the Coney Island Cyclone) would just be foolish.

KikoKea

I'm forseeing that when GotG is finished, it'll make Space Mountain embarrassed to exist.
Maybe embarrassed about its rickety track, which I love, but not the outside. I think the building is very cool and fits TL perfectly. Upswept style with spires...classic! There's a lot of potential with a dark space-themed coaster, if Disney will commit some funds to it. As for Tron's design, honestly, I see it and think "slug." I'm not sure how it will fit with the other areas of TL, although having 3 coasters in a row should warm my thrill-lover's heart. Maybe the lighting package with tie everything together. I hope so- TL is still our favorite place at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom