OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

Disstevefan1

As someone who's been to Tokyo DisneySea, the answer is because there's nothing actually that cool at Tokyo DisneySea.... there are many things just as cool and far cooler in Walt Disney World.

Great to hear! I guess I am a victim of fake news. WDW is just as good as Tokyo DisneySea or better!

FettFan

I think Disney should build another Disney World in someplace like maybe Texas which would draw people from both coasts and alleviate the ridiculous crowds that converge on WDW Florida now. The long lines have created a non-enjoyable park experience for a lot of us and I only see it getting worse with the opening of Star Wars Land.

They tried a third location in the early '90s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_America

It didn't work.

WEB-6-300x239.jpg

Hamlit

The number 1 thing I’d like to see is a led bridge between Grand Floridian and MK. As a frequent monorail resort guest I believe it would reduce monorail crowding, save time getting to the GF or even Poly, and allow runners a complete loop before eating Mickey Bars and Churros all day. Not to mention the disastrous situation when the monorail is out of order and there are lines of electric scooters waiting to squeeze on a bus. They could just cruise over the led bridge. Just make it happen Disney.

nj_to_wdw

Too many limitations on FP+, it's like a lottery but you don't know if you win for weeks. I'm sure in 2019 something better could be devised between everyone with Magic Bands and AI. It's not like self-driving cars, we have the technology, we can make it better!

And, maybe I'm too cynical, but I think the best thing that would happen to Disney would be for a solid competitor to open up further North on the East coast. Nothing like seeing your attendance get drawn off somewhere else to make you realize that you need to please the customer or else.

My 2 cents.

KaliSplash

Interesting topic and I fully understand where you are coming from with the critics of everything. Not everything they have done in the last decade is wrong. Yes, some of us liked the old attractions a lot, like Horizons. But there IS a reason old attractions are gone. They were not attracting, despite what people my age (60s) like. All of us think we want to go back to the time when we most loved the parks. Take the nightime parade at MK, for example. I am a MSEP fan through and through. Many people here think Spectro was so much better, why? Because that was the parade when They first fell in love with WDW.

But the reality is life has changed. A lot. just watch all the people watching their phones constantly, to pick a very obvious example. Would they appreciate the Hell scene at the end of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?

WDW Must change, as much as we don't like it when Our favorites change.

And to those who accuse Disney of focusing on shareholders at the expense of visitors, that's their Job. To make money for shareholders. They do it by providing entertainment for their visitors. But that's the way they do it.

Do I like it that parks close early so they can hold a separate ticket event? No! I think MK should be open till midnight from Memorial Day to Labor Day, as well as around the winter holidays and spring break. But Mickey can make more money for his shareholders by closing the parks early and selling separately ticketed entertainment.

So we can lament all the changes that came from the version of WDW we most loved. But WDW Must continue to reach today's audience while making More $$ for shareholders. Remember, stock prices rise and fall these days not on whether the company made money, but where it exceeded or failed to exceed expected stock prices. Doesn't matter that we don't like that.

End of rant.

mf1972

with everything going on in HS, i thought the are by animation courtyard & the mermaid show can use a makeover as well. maybe expand sunset blvd with a newer updated version of the GMR & maybe move one man’s dream over there as well.
with the extra space from the current one man’s dream location, they can expand toy story land with a new attraction. just my opinion.
and speaking of toy story, i would like to see the buzz lightyear ride in MK have removable zap guns so you can aim more properly instead of being stuck on the ride vehicle.

Robinsad

To me, making planning for a Disney vacation, enjoyable again.
I understand that the crowds have grown, but for example:
If I really want to eat at a specific place, I need to know 6 months in advance what I'll be in the mood for on a specific day! Also getting up so early in the morning to get Fastpasses and stress over getting what I want.

Planning a vacation should be fun!
I always wonder what I'll do when (and "if") I become a senior and the process becomes too complicated for me to handle, also, I foresee becoming less knowledgeable of technology.

As for the rest, I enjoy my visits and look forward to try new experiences. Once there, I make the most of it! :)

I genuinely enjoy booking these so far out, it actually means I'm planning and keeps the Disney feeling going for 6 months basically.

Plus it's been proven you can still get these things late if you are persistent.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
For all these grand ideas I'm reading here... look at the overhead images of the parks on Google Earth and you can instantly see why most of these pipe dreams simply are not feasible. Although the entire property has an abundance of land, the actual parks are surprisingly constrained by the geography (particularly the waterways) and infrastructure that surrounds them. There simply isn't much space to add too much beyond what is already there. Keep in mind, beside the actual footprint of the attraction, anything new adds to the logistical burden of the parks. You need somewhere to put all the additional support elements and it needs to be accessible to the existing logistics infrastructure. So, you can say "they could put ride X in the space between ride W and ride Y", which might be true, but being able to build and run that ride cost effectivley are a different story. The Magic Kingdom is particularly constrained by both the the reach of the Utilidoors and the massive logistical complex that sits behind the park.
That's why it's time for a fifth gate, and it needs to be a cohesively themed park on one of two concepts: the Star Wars universe or the Middle Earth adventures of the Bagginses.

Disney already owns Lucasfilm, so that's a push in one direction... but if they can pay $71 BILLION for Fox, they can certainly reach a figure agreeable to the Tolkien estate.

TinyTGO

I wouldn't mind if they stopped adding and modifying the parks for a little while and concentrated on the surrounding foilage and trees to hide them. Once upon a time, there was this great feeling of anxious anticipation as you approached the parks because you couldn't actually see them until you were right in front. You'd also only be able to catch random glimpses of the monorail track. With all the infrastructure construction, hotel construction, construction staging areas, etc, everything is visible. Now the only anxious anticipation is from the airport. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all the construction wasn't necessary. I'm saying that I hope in the spirit of keeping things magical they cover the nakedness back up.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
For all these grand ideas I'm reading here... look at the overhead images of the parks on Google Earth and you can instantly see why most of these pipe dreams simply are not feasible. Although the entire property has an abundance of land, the actual parks are surprisingly constrained by the geography (particularly the waterways) and infrastructure that surrounds them. There simply isn't much space to add too much beyond what is already there. Keep in mind, beside the actual footprint of the attraction, anything new adds to the logistical burden of the parks. You need somewhere to put all the additional support elements and it needs to be accessible to the existing logistics infrastructure. So, you can say "they could put ride X in the space between ride W and ride Y", which might be true, but being able to build and run that ride cost effectivley are a different story. The Magic Kingdom is particularly contstrained by both the the reach of the Utilidoors and the massive logistical complex that sits behind the park.

#Fakenews like you tweet about.

There is tons of room for new attractions.

NickPytlinski

The number 1 thing I’d like to see is a led bridge between Grand Floridian and MK. As a frequent monorail resort guest I believe it would reduce monorail crowding, save time getting to the GF or even Poly, and allow runners a complete loop before eating Mickey Bars and Churros all day. Not to mention the disastrous situation when the monorail is out of order and there are lines of electric scooters waiting to squeeze on a bus. They could just cruise over the led bridge. Just make it happen Disney.

i like this idea with some tweeks, using the sky (like the gondolas) is a good way going forward when the ground is at a stand still

FettFan

Also....restore Dreamfinder and Figment as the de facto mascots for Epcot Center.

Give them appearances in all of the pavilions.

From Mission Space:
Image_Resize_Detail_Image.asp

To the American Adventure.
a84c4bb31ea0e18f35a049326cab077f.jpg

And give Dreamfinder different outfits for each pavilion.

NormC

I would like everything working as designed and properly maintained. Fix the old stuff and bring in the new stuff. I would love lower crowd levels but that will never happen. Why do you think they keep building more hotel rooms.

FettFan

i miss the stitch ride where he bounces on the chairs. i thought that would still be pretty current, anyone know why they closed it? instead of a different ride? hope this isn't common knowledge that i have completely missed.

You’re definitely in the minority. Stitch had such low audience numbers that even Carousel of Progress was beating it.

The main problem is that Disney decided to make an inexpensive and toned-down version of Alien Encounter, so that they wouldn’t have to completely gut the entire building.
Unfortunately it still freaked out younger children, but now had the added effects of grossing out their parents by having Stitch chili-belch in peoples faces and delivering a dumbed down storyline that turned away older kids.

The good news; the building is getting refurbed into a Wreck It Ralph attraction. Not sure if it will remain a seated show or a dark ride, but with WIR’s history of cameos and guest stars and Disney’s history of putting shout-outs in their attractions, I’m pretty sure that we will see Stitch, the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien, and Skippy somewhere in the background.

Probably playing poker or something lol.

darth-vader-yoda-e1555293078115.png

Pictured: Darth Vader and Yoda arm wrestling in the short film “The Chubb Chubbs”.

NickPytlinski

You’re definitely in the minority. Stitch had such low audience numbers that even Carousel of Progress was beating it.

The main problem is that Disney decided to make an inexpensive and toned-down version of Alien Encounter, so that they wouldn’t have to completely gut the entire building.
Unfortunately it still freaked out younger children, but now had the added effects of grossing out their parents by having Stitch chili-belch in peoples faces and delivering a dumbed down storyline that turned away older kids.

The good news; the building is getting refurbed into a Wreck It Ralph attraction. Not sure if it will remain a seated show or a dark ride, but with WIR’s history of cameos and guest stars and Disney’s history of putting shout-outs in their attractions, I’m pretty sure that we will see Stitch, the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien, and Skippy somewhere in the background.

Probably playing poker or something lol.

darth-vader-yoda-e1555293078115.png

Pictured: Darth Vader and Yoda arm wrestling in the short film “The Chubb Chubbs”.

thanks for the insight.
i must be a freak, i liked the belching part :)

FettFan

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were to build a paved walking path all the way aroubd Seven Seas Lagoon connecting all of the resorts, the TTA, and the Magic Kingdom.

Not only would it be an easy access for people who want to avoid the monorail crowds, they could use it as a course for Run Disney events.

Just need a bridge by the Contemporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom