OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

"What could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?"

Reduce crowding by 25% by any means possible. Assuming that this would involve close to a 25% price hike, in order to maintain Net Income.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

"What could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?"

Reduce crowding by 25% by any means possible. Assuming that this would involve close to a 25% price hike, in order to maintain Net Income.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

They could also create another theme park to funnel more people in and make less lines. But that defeats the 4 day vacation theme then which is a very common type of Disney vacation. I honestly don't know of any other idea other than raising the prices on tickets. But that is a whole other can of worms.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I don't like the skyliner for a big reason. If I am trying to stay at the Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk, or Swan/Dolphin one of the key advantages of staying there is suddenly gone because now more guests from other hotels are being dumped at the back entrance. I get it some will say "well they aren't all coming in at once." No they are not, but the point is one of the key advantages of paying for those hotels is the easy quick access to Epcot and the faster access to Hollywood studios and not having a massive wait time getting into Epcot. Now this is somewhat dulled with all these people getting off the gondola at that entrance, not to mention more people will flow around the Epcot resorts as well. That's just my opinion.

I really think that this is not going to be the big issue we think it will. I stay at the bcv for the majority of the time, the advantage is being able to walk there and that's not being effected. Yes we may get a few families that will walk around to "check" out the Boardwalk but really after what 45 minutes what is there for them to see?? It's a small area and not like Disney springs. I think it's really not going to be a huge game changer.

😀 or maybe that a fervent wish

mdcpr

I would love a concierge service that would take care of all the details for me. One that I could afford. :) The concept would be: "Here's my money, this is what I like and dislike at a resort, this is what I like/dislike in food, these are very specific experiences I want, and these are the types of rides I like/dislike."

Dave B

I would love a concierge service that would take care of all the details for me. One that I could afford. :) The concept would be: "Here's my money, this is what I like and dislike at a resort, this is what I like/dislike in food, these are very specific experiences I want, and these are the types of rides I like/dislike."
Then you are in the right place, the people that run this website, that is exactly what they do, ask for Pam from Kingdom Consultants

mdcpr

Then you are in the right place, the people that run this website, that is exactly what they do, ask for Pam from Kingdom Consultants
I found this website after I started working with a travel agent who has done NOTHING for me. I will keep them in mind for future trips.

MaryJaneP

The OP asks what "could" Disney do that I would like, not what "would" or "will" Disney likely actually by default or accident end up doing that I would like. There is a HUGE difference between what they "could" do and what they actually will do.

I would like
1. Spectromagic to be run every night
2. Shade Trees planted, lots of them, everywhere.
3. Benches returned, lots of them, everywhere.

So there!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I love Disney for the most part.
Anything they could change that I'd "actually like" would be just changing a few things back but we all know that will not happen so instead of stewing over it I just move on and enjoy the things that I do like.

But if you want a few specifics...
-Change TT back.
-Drop some of the pay to play events and add more EMH. Maybe add that 1 back in the took off of the evening EMH
-Bring back backlot tour (and I mean before it went though its downward spiral of change). When the Gold Girls and Empty Nest houses were still there and when the Osborne Lights were on them.
-Speaking of... bring back the Osborne Lights.
-Bring back the Christmas Country Bear Jamboree.
-Bring back the original Figment
-Bring back The Living Seas
-Bring back Kitchen Cabaret/Food Rocks

Like I said I know these changes will never take place and I still enjoy my trips.

There are changes that I have liked though...
-Soarin' Around the World
-Under the Sea
-Be Our Guest
-Skipper Canteen
-Pop Century room refurb...

Last edited:

Cheekylittlerobot

At Magic Kingdom:
- Hatbox Ghost added to the Haunted Mansion attic scene.
- Remove all the movie elements from Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Remove Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Replace the track for Space Mountain
- Rename the Tangled restroom building "The Royal Flush".

At Epcot Center
- Go back to calling it "Epcot Center".
- An Energy-themed roller coaster is a great idea. Scrap Guardians of the Galaxy and have it be an educational Dark Coaster. Hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
- Finally build the Switzerland Pavilion with the Matterhorn Bobsleds.
- Rhine River Tours in Germany.
- Either evict Frozen completely or change the story so that Elsa and Company are actually visiting Norway instead of just summarizing the movie. As it stands today, "Frozen Ever After" really should be in the Magic Kingdom.
I'd rather have "Olaf's Seaventure" where the plucky snowman meets up with a band of Viking explorers and learns a bit about Norway's history.
- Japan Bullet Train simulator ride.
- Mary Poppins Dark Ride. That is the original Julie Andrews Mary Poppins ride of course, and not the horrible Emily Blunt sequel.

At DHS
- Build a new, expanded version of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Kill Star Wars Launch Bay it was unnecessary to begin with, especially once Galaxy's Edge was announced.
- Bring back Star Wars Weekends
- Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster
- Dr. Strange simulator.
- Finally build a proper Toontown area with a couple of dark rides and classic character meet and greets. Oswald has been treated like a red-headed stepchild.
- Close down Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and build a new incarnation of the Indiana Jones Adventure, preferably with duck boats and a flume.
dukw-428.jpg

Animal Kingdom
- Fix the Yeti already
- Expand Kali River Rapids into the originally planed Tiger River Rapids.

Yes! You know where its at!

justintheharris

Great to hear! I guess I am a victim of fake news. WDW is just as good as Tokyo DisneySea or better!
Tokyo DisneySea isn't a bad park by any means. It's a fantastic one. One of the best in the world. But I have no clue why Disney parks fans have accepted the premise that it is THE greatest when I'm willing to bet 90% of people who hype it have never even been. I liked it. I loved Journey To The Center Of The Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea was a nice surprise, an interesting take on Tower of Terror, the best version of Indiana Jones in the world, Sinbad's Voyage was good too, Aquatopia was surprisingly enjoyable and Toy Story Mania is always a plus but.... that's really about it. I shouldn't undersell that line up of rides but with maybe the exception of Journey To The Center Of The Earth, I felt all the unique rides went into the 'very good' category rather than the MUST RIDE category.

FettFan

Or the monorail beam...

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/120989759/thomas-guy-cleveland

On a Grad Nite on June 8, 1966, a 19-year-old man from Northridge, California, was killed while attempting to sneak into the park by climbing onto the monorail track. Ignoring the shouted warnings of a security officer, he was struck by the train and dragged 30 to 40 feet down the track. The security guard in question later stated he had to "hose the kid off the underside".[47]

#DarwinAward

Disstevefan1

Tokyo DisneySea isn't a bad park by any means. It's a fantastic one. One of the best in the world. But I have no clue why Disney parks fans have accepted the premise that it is THE greatest when I'm willing to bet 90% of people who hype it have never even been. I liked it. I loved Journey To The Center Of The Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea was a nice surprise, an interesting take on Tower of Terror, the best version of Indiana Jones in the world, Sinbad's Voyage was good too, Aquatopia was surprisingly enjoyable and Toy Story Mania is always a plus but.... that's really about it. I shouldn't undersell that line up of rides but with maybe the exception of Journey To The Center Of The Earth, I felt all the unique rides went into the 'very good' category rather than the MUST RIDE category.

Gee, you just sold me on the notion Tokyo Disney Sea IS BETTER:
Journey to the center of the earth- we don't got that, we lose
20000 league's - we lost it
The BEST Indy - we lose
Sinbad - we don't got that, we lose
All other attractions being equal, it sounds like Tokyo IS better!!

justintheharris

Gee, you just sold me on the notion Tokyo Disney Sea IS BETTER:
Journey to the center of the earth- we don't got that, we lose
20000 league's - we lost it
The BEST Indy - we lose
Sinbad - we don't got that, we lose
All other attractions being equal, it sounds like Tokyo IS better!!
Okay, well Tokyo DisneySea doesn't have Flight of Passage, any roller coasters, a safari with live animals, etc. I was trying to give you a fair view point. Tokyo DisneySea is fantastic. But it is NOT the indisputable best Disney park on earth. I personally think it doesn't have very much that's cool that we can't see here. Sinbad is good but I don't even know if I'd say it's better than It's A Small World. Again, Journey To The Center of the Earth is definitely the unique highlight and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is a hidden gem. Those are the only two cool rides I actually miss from my visit and wish I could have here... sorta.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, nothing says "Yum!" on a Florida summer afternoon like a hot, deep-fried, ham-and-cheese sandwich, so WDW should open an East Coast branch of The Blue Bayou.

Club Cooloholic

seems like any thing recent happening in the parks is a dismal failure.
skyliner? Ready to kill quest due to lack of air or getting stuck or falling out of the sky or they're ugly.
SW:GE?? Death by massive crowds
GOTG: Hate it, it's ruining Epcot.
After hour events: money grabs plain an simple

So outside of killing Iger (J/K) what do you think they could do that you would actually enjoy or look forward to??
A few more climbing and play areas for kids, not just tots to explore. DCA has the best one with its redwoods section.

Beacon Joe

Remove IP from EPCOT. Make EPCOT center actually EPCOT Center again, especially futureworld. Though they can keep Figment and that creepy purple suited guy in the trash bin.

Remove all of that superhero and Guardians crap and stop dumping money into temporal flash of the pan fads - all of that will be really groan-inducing in a few short years.

Bring back Maelstrom.

Remove the rope barriers around the lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom