OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

SKG

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were to build a paved walking path all the way aroubd Seven Seas Lagoon connecting all of the resorts, the TTA, and the Magic Kingdom.

Not only would it be an easy access for people who want to avoid the monorail crowds, they could use it as a course for Run Disney events.

Just need a bridge by the Contemporary.
Would also need two bridges between MK and Grand Floridian but I agree. Walking to MK from GF and Poly should be an option.

yedliW

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were to build a paved walking path all the way aroubd Seven Seas Lagoon connecting all of the resorts, the TTA, and the Magic Kingdom.

Not only would it be an easy access for people who want to avoid the monorail crowds, they could use it as a course for Run Disney events.

Would also need two bridges between MK and Grand Floridian but I agree. Walking to MK from GF and Poly should be an option.

It would be quite a hike from Poly to MK, but it would be nice to have a path between Poly and GF. Last time we stayed at Poly, I got on a bus that I swear said it was going to Poly and GF, but only went to GF.. the only way to get back to Poly was to get on the monorail and ride it all the way around back to Poly..

Heppenheimer

I don't know why the Grand Floridian isn't connected. The only obstacle is that any bridge over the canal closest to the Magic Kingdom would need to sit high enough to accommodate the floats of the Electric Water Parade.

I can think of three reasons why they might not want to connect all of the resorts around the lagoon, though. One, cost without any obvious revenue benefit. Two, it's my understanding that they still hope one day to build something in the empty space between the Contemporary and the Transportation and Ticket Center. The current ground conditions are not stable enough, however (hence, the reason the old Mediterranean Resort idea died), but they're keeping the option open in case new building techniques ever make construction there feasible (or so I've pieced together from various Youtube videos, so take that with a big grain of salt). And finally, I've noticed that Disney doesn't seem too keen on allowing people to wander around in generally unsupervised areas, probably for liability reasons. Most of the resorts aren't really accessible to each other by foot or bicycle. The one unsupervised foot path between resorts that I've seen (between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness) seems to have a sign every few feet instructing you not to leave the path or touch anything.

NickMaio

Don't go backwards. Don't bring back old rides, shows, etc. Keep moving forward, if people want Imagination fixed, fine, give us something new. I'm tired of hearing people whine about the past. If Disney is that bad now, stop going. I love it and will continue to go and be happy to be called the problem.
Hey - this thread is not for you. ;)

SteveBrickNJ

To me, making planning for a Disney vacation, enjoyable again.
I understand that the crowds have grown, but for example:
If I really want to eat at a specific place, I need to know 6 months in advance what I'll be in the mood for on a specific day! Also getting up so early in the morning to get Fastpasses and stress over getting what I want.

Planning a vacation should be fun!
I always wonder what I'll do when (and "if") I become a senior and the process becomes too complicated for me to handle, also, I foresee becoming less knowledgeable of technology.

As for the rest, I enjoy my visits and look forward to try new experiences. Once there, I make the most of it! :)
I very much second the part about getting up early to stress over obtaining the best possible fast passes. I hated that pressure....I wanted to do the best possible job for my family. It worked out reasonably well because I asked questions on wdwmagic forums and prepared. Yet the old days when you showed up to the park and handled FPs on the fly was MUCH less pressure!

NickMaio

Bring back value for money - - -
Stop the extra paying for services that used to be free.

I yearn for a night parade - - - - With fantastical music.

Clean the parks up, especially MK. If you can let x number of people in you should be able to clean up after them so quick that others don't notice the mess.

NickPytlinski

I don't know why the Grand Floridian isn't connected. The only obstacle is that any bridge over the canal closest to the Magic Kingdom would need to sit high enough to accommodate the floats of the Electric Water Parade.

I can think of three reasons why they might not want to connect all of the resorts around the lagoon, though. One, cost without any obvious revenue benefit. Two, it's my understanding that they still hope one day to build something in the empty space between the Contemporary and the Transportation and Ticket Center. The current ground conditions are not stable enough, however (hence, the reason the old Mediterranean Resort idea died), but they're keeping the option open in case new building techniques ever make construction there feasible (or so I've pieced together from various Youtube videos, so take that with a big grain of salt). And finally, I've noticed that Disney doesn't seem too keen on allowing people to wander around in generally unsupervised areas, probably for liability reasons. Most of the resorts aren't really accessible to each other by foot or bicycle. The one unsupervised foot path between resorts that I've seen (between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness) seems to have a sign every few feet instructing you not to leave the path or touch anything.

im sure there used to be a path from GF to MK actually.

am i dreaming this?

mdcpr

Make the trip easier to plan. Last night I was invite to go to Morocco--the same days of my Disney trip. The Morocco trip sounded much easier to arrange--and cheaper!!

RandySavage

Much more important than any specific physical additions/changes, would be for the Disney company to remember & refocus on a few major Guiding Principles which have been forgotten and discarded.

1. Boldly Strive to Be the Innovator, Originator & Standard Setter in the Art of Theme Parks & Resorts. Chapek recently disclosed his personal philosophy, paraphrased: "We do XYZ because it is exactly what our competitors would do if they were in our position...." Saddened me to hear that out of the mouth of Disney's leader. This strategy has become apparent on many levels both Macro (generic, mundanely-designed mid-rise hotels; massive exposed showbuildings placed front & center of guest view with a "distractor element" placed in nearby) and Micro (harsh LED bulbs; generic exit signs; cast costuming; fast-food digital menu displays; etc., etc.). DisneyToday: This is the standard our competitors are setting, so we should adhere.

And because the competition is focused IP-associated development, that is exactly what Chapek/Iger's Disney must do (by their philosophy). IP and nothing else. Creating something like 1980s EPCOT Center (which strove to enrich and enlighten as well as entertain and was as far removed from an amusement park as the current industry has ever gone) is so completely out of the wheelhouse of current leadership, it would be like asking 12th century engineers to create a moon landing rocket.

So I'd like to see each park stick to and strengthen its core identity (e.g., having properties like Beauty & the Beast in three different parks begins to blur the thematic lines and moves WDW's unique assets towards a homogenous OneDisneyPark (tm).).

Think beyond just "Ride the Movies" (keep that in your Studios park). Explore uncharted story-telling territory. Advance what a theme park can be.

2. Show Quality and Guest Experience Prioritized over Money-Grabbing/Exec Bonus-Triggering. This would not only apply to all the extra fees ("We now charge for hotel parking, why?, because all our competitors do it!"), stadium pricing and a general "we're fleecing you!" feeling, but also to cuts in maintenance & upkeep, cast-quality; live entertainment. Not every square foot of the parks should be seen as required to generate revenue. More unique, theme-appropriate merchandising & dining (Potter & Star Wars can remind Disney of how they used to do it before many can remember). Fewer ODV carts. Reign in over-lawyereering, in areas like lighting levels, curb-stomping, and integrating OSHA required safety elements.

Put in Leadership who understand the Vision and are champions of quality. Not run-of-the-mill management, operating and developing the Parks & Resorts "the way our competitors would if they were in our place".

Heppenheimer

Yes, you're dreaming this. That path has always been interrupted by the canal where the Light floats sleep.
From the ground view, I had always assumed this was a connecting path to the Grand Floridian until Google Earth showed me otherwise. Can guests walk along this path or is it closed off beyond the monorail station?

Dave B

It would be quite a hike from Poly to MK, but it would be nice to have a path between Poly and GF. Last time we stayed at Poly, I got on a bus that I swear said it was going to Poly and GF, but only went to GF.. the only way to get back to Poly was to get on the monorail and ride it all the way around back to Poly..
I am pretty positive you can walk from GF to the POLY

seems like any thing recent happening in the parks is a dismal failure.
skyliner? Ready to kill quest due to lack of air or getting stuck or falling out of the sky or they're ugly.
SW:GE?? Death by massive crowds
GOTG: Hate it, it's ruining Epcot.
After hour events: money grabs plain an simple

So outside of killing Iger (J/K) what do you think they could do that you would actually enjoy or look forward to??

I don't like the skyliner for a big reason. If I am trying to stay at the Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk, or Swan/Dolphin one of the key advantages of staying there is suddenly gone because now more guests from other hotels are being dumped at the back entrance. I get it some will say "well they aren't all coming in at once." No they are not, but the point is one of the key advantages of paying for those hotels is the easy quick access to Epcot and the faster access to Hollywood studios and not having a massive wait time getting into Epcot. Now this is somewhat dulled with all these people getting off the gondola at that entrance, not to mention more people will flow around the Epcot resorts as well. That's just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom