News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I don't see a gate. Also, the cars are pretty far from that stairway...

DisAl

Evacuation stairs? It does not look to me that the gondolas even pass within several feet from the stairs and even if they did the doors are on the opposite side of the gondola from the stairs. So, unless they are going to hand out fairy wings through the air vents as you pass by the stairs are simply a way to access the machinery in the turn station.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Evacuation stairs? It does not look to me that the gondolas even pass within several feet from the stairs and even if they did the doors are on the opposite side of the gondola from the stairs. So, unless they are going to hand out fairy wings through the air vents as you pass by the stairs are simply a way to access the machinery in the turn station.

Yes, that cars are not close to the stairs, also good point about the doors, they do open on the opposite side.

Darth Snips

Does this system have a rough opening date yet? I know Disney has simply said "Fall", but surely they want this open by August 29, right?

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I have a hard time keeping up with all the info that has come out about this project.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does this system have a rough opening date yet? I know Disney has simply said "Fall", but surely they want this open by August 29, right?

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I have a hard time keeping up with all the info that has come out about this project.

No firm official date. Even insiders aren't giving us a date except that WDW *wants* it to be open before SWL opens.

Keep in mind that for WDW, the "Fall" festival of Halloween begins mid-August and the "Fall" Food & Wine Festival begins Aug 29.

Goofyernmost

Is there not a fence around the whole station? It's hard to tell from the photos if there's a final fence, or just the construction fence.
Other then the fence around the project, I can't see another gate at all. I'm just responding to the person that says there is one. I'm speculating in the event there is another one. But, to me it would be sensible to not leave all the mechanics in easy reach of non-authorized people (i.e. buzzy, but with a more bloody possible consequence.) However, not an evacuation stairway.

Last edited:

Bender123

Other then the fence around the project, I can't see another gate at all. I'm just responding to the person that says there is one. I'm speculating in the event there is another one. But, to me it would be sensible to not leave all the mechanics in easy reach of non-authorized people (i.e. buzzy, but with a more bloody possible consequence.) However, not an evacuation stairway.

I would be almost certain they will have a fence or gate of some type...This has all the markings of an attractive nuisance lawsuit, if they don't.

MerlinTheGoat

Has anyone actually ridden it yet to confirm that it's hot as Satan's hot tub?
They're enclosed vehicles that don't have A/C. In Florida. You don't need to have ridden them to realize there's simply no way these things are going to be a comfortable temperature for at least 3 quarters of the year.

jrhwdw

I wish they would stop but the juveniles still think they are funny and they haven't stopped even with the site owner and moderators asking them to do so.
These Boards can be VERY Interesting sometimes!

Anyway, it would be nice if we could focus on a another DPB Skyliner update. Either more uncoverings(POP and Epcot Lines are still covered I think?) or a opening date. Might WDW have one already and their not sharing? Or is it still touch and go?

Luxe

They're enclosed vehicles that don't have A/C. In Florida. You don't need to have ridden them to realize there's simply no way these things are going to be a comfortable temperature for at least 3 quarters of the year.
I'll trust your opinion since you have been inside one already. Don't worry folks, our resident expert says the gondola will be too hot to ride. Sad to see Disney throw away money on transportation no one will even use... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom