Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jabbas

I love the Cantina. I seen they hAve a non-alcoholic drinks. I have an almost two year old and one on the day. Are there going to be a ton of kids/strollers in there? As much as I love my kid, that’s going to damper the experience a little bit (don’t hate me, lol). I think I’ll need to bring grandma along for this!

Jabbas

Are your kids good about waiting in hours long lines? Not sure the payoff is worth the wait for that demographic.

Of course not, lol. We aren’t going until February 2020. But we are probably going to skip this. I’m not one of those parents. I live in FL, there’s always next time (when grandma comes 🤣).

Haymarket2008

So ROTR. When's that opening in Disneyland? It's sad that the most amazing theme park expansion in a long, long time is opening without its biggest gem.

I'm gonna put money on it opening alongside the D23 Expo in August. So, two months after opening. Which makes sense with what people have been saying about it in WDW (Late November-ish).

sponono88

Meanwhile at Disneyland on opening day.. the reservation system is working wonders. Wide open walkways and a 5 minute wait for smugglers run. Cantina and lightsaber workshop still have high waits, however.

Pictures below are from parksandcons on Twitter (posted at 10:30AM PDT) https://twitter.com/ParksAndCons

danlb_2000

Premium Member

deeevo

Meanwhile at Disneyland on opening day.. the reservation system is working wonders. Wide open walkways and a 5 minute wait for smugglers run. Cantina and lightsaber workshop still have high waits, however.

Pictures below are from parksandcons on Twitter (posted at 10:30AM PDT) https://twitter.com/ParksAndCons
View attachment 378147View attachment 378148

View attachment 378149
And what's crazy is I saw the rest of the park has low wait times. You would think all those people would be hanging out in DL or CA waiting there turn.

DisneyRoy

I would be ok with that also, but I think the challenge will be how they would handle on site guests. Anyone staying at a DL hotel got a reservation, but WDW has way more rooms then DL.

Yea I don't think they could do that. I think they'll do the virtual queue that Disneyland is doing once the reservation period is over.

Purduevian

My fear about a virtual queue or reservation system in DHS is that it has two MAJOR differences between Disneyland.

1)Locals with reservations are less likely to be in the park all day before their time (causing the rest of the park to be just fine)

2)The shear attraction/ride difference to sponge up the crowd between Disneyland (and CA right there) and DHS.

If DHS does reservations in 4 hour blocks*4 a day*5,000 per block. I'm not sure DHS can hold 15,000 people waiting for their reservation plus the normal DHS crowd with just 6 rides.

Yes I know Epcot is just a gondola ride or boat ride away from DHS... still a lot farther than walking from DL to CA.

Janir

My fear about a virtual queue or reservation system in DHS is that it has two MAJOR differences between Disneyland.

1)Locals with reservations are less likely to be in the park all day before their time (causing the rest of the park to be just fine)

2)The shear attraction/ride difference to sponge up the crowd between Disneyland (and CA right there) and DHS.

If DHS does reservations in 4 hour blocks*4 a day*5,000 per block. I'm not sure DHS can hold 15,000 people waiting for their reservation plus the normal DHS crowd with just 6 rides.

Yes I know Epcot is just a gondola ride or boat ride away from DHS... still a lot farther than walking from DL to CA.
I'm sure that's why Disney is looking at the numbers and what they are dealing with so they know how to tweak any system for DHS version before they even announce HOW they will handle DHS SWGE. Maybe they will simply have checkpoints going into the land and your are active int he land for 4 hours, then after that you won't be able to buy or ride anything so your reduced to sightseeing before you decide to leave the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom