Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jrhwdw

DL's President is still at work! Just saw him on ResortTV1's Stream!:

He must have had a long weeK! Wonder if he'll be in the parks this weekend?

Marc Davis Fan

Photo update as of Friday, May 31, 2019. The scaffolding at the back of the Muppet Vision theatre probably means re-painting or theming to conform with Star Wars Land, as this part of the building faces Star Wars Land.

View attachment 378211

Wow, if they’re busy repainting that side at this stage... I wonder how visible the MV3D show building will be from inside SWGE, and from what areas of the land. My guess is that it’ll only be visible from the area near the entrance to the semi-enclosed marketplace.

TP2000

If the top guy at DL wasn’t in the thick of such a huge opening I’d be questioning his suitability for the job. It doesn’t get much bigger than SWGE opening. From his days at DAK though, he was always very hands on. Good to see he’s still the same,

True, it doesn't get much bigger than this, but to see the Disneyland President right out in front just feet from the maddening crowd on opening day is rare. Or at least a big change from his predecessor, who was unseen and unheard from the most part, and totally in hiding when Disneyland opened the last big new ride under his watch; Guardians of the Galaxy.

If Mr. Damaro is hands on, that's a very good thing and a refreshing change of pace for Anaheim execs.

jrhwdw

Mix Magic Pyro from SWGE!!!!(no Music pimped in):

Looks great! Reminds me of Videos of Wishes from Toontown Fair!

Don't know how I feel about no music. We all know Mix Magic doesn't belong in SWGE, but I wouldn't mind hearing DL Forever's theme in SWGE! Can't wait till Friday!!!!! SO GLAD DL thought of DL Forever!!!!

Wonder if SWAGS will be pimped into DHS' SWGE? It's SW related,
I know SWAGS is not heard in TSL.

Kman101

Here's another Disneyland video, but I thought it would be of interest to WDW fans as it shows in detail the entrance to the land from what will be the Grand Avenue entrance at DHS.

IMG_1946-690x460.jpg

At Disneyland, the Grand Avenue entrance version is the Critter Country entrance that starts on a path just past the Explorer Canoes ride and passes alongside the Rivers of America before turning underneath the Disneyland Railroad.

There's lots of equipment around for the media party that took place last night, as this video was shot first thing in the morning yesterday about 10 hours before the party. But you get the idea how the land unfolds from the Critter County entrance and thus the Grand Avenue entrance.

I definitely think Disneyland has better transitions (and better weather for the opening! lol). It made no sense to put GE where they did in HS and have you enter through a tunnel from the road of a California inspired street. Meh. How about, you know, entering Cars Land through that tunnel instead? And GE could have gone next to Star Tours and Indy and had a better transition. I also think we need a third entrance just as much as DL does. But then again, maybe it works just fine going through the tunnel? But the placement has always bothered me for DHS. Just minor whining ... no one needs to get upset. JMO. lol.

CinematicFusion

Galaxy's Edge opens at Disney World on August 29th.
Will they have ROTR ready to go as the headliner for opening ceremonies? Much like they did for Smuggler's Run at Disney Land?
New Cast introduced,ect?

It would make sense they do this. Give Disney World some emotional gravitas for their ceremonies.

Kman101

Galaxy's Edge opens at Disney World on August 29th.
Will they have ROTR ready to go as the headliner for opening ceremonies? Much like they did for Smuggler's Run at Disney Land?
New Cast introduced,ect?

It would make sense they do this. Give Disney World some emotional gravitas for their ceremonies.

It does feel a little lackluster now after Disneyland's opening. I know every Orlando and Anaheim vlogger will still be in Orlando vlogging it but it's not nearly as special now, the excitement of the ceremony and historic land opening is just "oh, here ya go Florida ...". Still an amazing land I'm glad we'll have but it feels kinda ... been there done that in a way, lol. But I also never felt the need like so many to rush to Cali for the opening. I'm just fine waiting for it in Florida. I'd rather experience it in my 'home parks'. (But honestly I'm dreading the chaos, heat, etc. that will go along with it; Disneyland was very smart with the reservations, even if I don't quite agree with the whole "well pay to stay at our resort and you can get in" I'd much rather have that kind of guaranteed window of entry and a much more pleasant experience, but I was watching numerous live streamers yesterday and the crowds definitely increased as the day progressed so you only truly benefitted if you got in first, IMO, but you still benefited from lack of "everyone" getting in of course ... mixed bag here but I think it worked for them)

Sorry if this has been asked before and dont want to look over 900 pages, but how are the characters gonna work at HS with GE and Launch Bay?? Like in Disneyland they have Kylo and Chewie roaming around and at HS right now they are Launch Bay, So once GE open will Kylo and Chewie move to GE and walk around or will they be at both how is it gonna work?

Rteetz

Sorry if this has been asked before and dont want to look over 900 pages, but how are the characters gonna work at HS with GE and Launch Bay?? Like in Disneyland they have Kylo and Chewie roaming around and at HS right now they are Launch Bay, So once GE open will Kylo and Chewie move to GE and walk around or will they be at both how is it gonna work?
Disneyland has them at both currently so I don’t see why DHS wouldn’t do the same.

drod1985

There are only 2,400 Disney owned hotel rooms at the Disneyland Resort, with just over 30,000 non-Disney hotel rooms in the Anaheim Resort District that get no access to Star Wars Land. There are over 30,000 Disney owned hotel rooms at Walt Disney World, that would theoretically get access to Star Wars Land if WDW uses the same type of reservation system. But maybe WDW restricts the reservations only to Deluxe, or Deluxe and Moderate?

There will obviously need to be differences, if WDW management chooses to borrow the Disneyland reservation system.

I'd be happy if WDW-hotel guests got first crack at an open registration system, sort of like what the general public got at DL. Then after the WDW-guest window reservations could open to the general public.

I also hope they announce and implement whatever their system is much sooner than DL, otherwise I'm imagining lots of people might have to change hotel reservations, time off work, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom