Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think once the crowds fill those large paths it'll likely look a bit different then the wide paths we see now.

It's not the open space in the paths I'm talking about... it's that the visual space above you and between structures becomes too open because of the wide open spaces needed in a theme park.

The best way to make something look smaller or less impressive is to move it further away from you.

An alley or old street doesn't feel old if it's not looming up and over you.

It's like going to Pandora expecting to be in a jungle... and you find there is no overhead cover at all. That's the kind of practicalities I'm talking about.

From the aerials... you don't see/lose this.. but once you get on the ground you do.

NoFunInBand

I'm already planning my December trip, lol. I'm nearly hyperventilating from some of these pics.

Does anyone know if Oga's Cantina has a separate Breakfast menu from Lunch/Dinner? Meaning that before a certain time of day most of the menu is restricted? I was actually considering rope-dropping the cantina since the line will be as long as the rides anyway and at least the queues for the rides are themed and entertaining, but I don't want to do that if I can't order some of the drinks I want.

dothebrdwalk

I'm already planning my December trip, lol. I'm nearly hyperventilating from some of these pics.

Does anyone know if Oga's Cantina has a separate Breakfast menu from Lunch/Dinner? Meaning that before a certain time of day most of the menu is restricted? I was actually considering rope-dropping the cantina since the line will be as long as the rides anyway and at least the queues for the rides are themed and entertaining, but I don't want to do that if I can't order some of the drinks I want.
The breakfast menu is different. (Disappointingly so, but I figure it's because when the "Extra" Extra Magic Hours are a thing down in FL, Disney would feel weird serving a "full bar" at 6 am lol) The alcohol menu for the breakfast includes the Bloody Mary type drink and a spiked Coffee type drink. There also is a fruity "galactic" pastry for breakfast. The non-alcoholic options are just a smaller menu than the ones later in the day, I know for sure it includes the Blue Bantha. You can find the menu on other sites for sure!

Magenta Panther

Geez, it hurts to ride the Falcon, what does THAT remind me of? (Space Mountain of course. Got a terrible neck ache the last time I rode it. I'm no geezer either. I won't ride that thing again until the track is replaced at least).

Dusty sure sounds disappointed with the ride. And he wanted to like it. Doesn't sound like a "miserable attitude" to me.

I too am puzzled as to why Disney didn't just put the controls in front of the passenger. What was the logic of putting them on the side?

Well, diehard Star Wars fans will still like this ride. Sounds like kind of a misfire to me (and FWIW, the Falcon is part of the GOOD Star Wars films, so I like it a lot. It's the prequels and the Ma-Rey Sue sequels I feel disdain for). Too bad.

Kman101

Cherry picking? Sorry, it was hard to find something concrete in your wall of generalizations and refusal to go on record with anything.. instead just opt'ing for the attempt at "I told you so.."

Not really, but you can choose to take my post however you want. It's clear what you were trying to do. I bother you. I see that. Just scroll by me if that's the case. No need to waste anyone's time.

CinematicFusion

They did an amazing job with the land. The detail is unbelievable, right up there with Animal Kingdom with the detail.
Smugglers Run for a Star Wars fan such as myself...a dream come true. It's the greatest Star Wars arcade game ever made.

When ROTR comes out along with the Hotel in Florida...it's going to be a complete park.... with 2 acres to someday expand on.

TP2000

Here's another Disneyland video, but I thought it would be of interest to WDW fans as it shows in detail the entrance to the land from what will be the Grand Avenue entrance at DHS.

IMG_1946-690x460.jpg

At Disneyland, the Grand Avenue entrance version is the Critter Country entrance that starts on a path just past the Explorer Canoes ride and passes alongside the Rivers of America before turning underneath the Disneyland Railroad.

There's lots of equipment around for the media party that took place last night, as this video was shot first thing in the morning yesterday about 10 hours before the party. But you get the idea how the land unfolds from the Critter County entrance and thus the Grand Avenue entrance.

Stripes

So ROTR. When's that opening in Disneyland? It's sad that the most amazing theme park expansion in a long, long time is opening without its biggest gem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom