The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I'm sorry.... when I wrote the above post I was having a very severe Senior Moment and got it confused. I had AT&T and dropped them like a hot potato when they're rate kept climbing and climbing. I never really had a problem with customer service, just price. The service that I described above is Spectrum (Time Warner Cable). I do remember AT&T going out often, but, didn't stay out long enough to even dial a phone. More annoying then a big problem.

We've had Spectrum (Time Warner) as far back as I can remember and have never had any major problems, sans the occasional outage when some construction crew from another operation accidentally drills, digs, cuts, etc., where they're not supposed to.
Along with the box, they'll also give you a new remote any time you ask without havin' to bring the old one in...let's face it, not too many people want an old remote with all the labeling mostly wore off the buttons, and that has been handled by who-knows-who about a billion times, :eek: ;) so they hand new ones out like napkins...!!!!! :hilarious: :D ;) :)

Rista1313

It's so quiet around here... (in the forums and at work) I'm bored!

Counting down the days to my next adventure. Off to MN in just 26 days to hang out with 200 of my closest knitting/crocheting friends. It's located in Rochester MN, which is a place I would LOVE to live...it's really awesome there... but it's already cold enough here, and hubby says he's not going there where it's colder! The mayo clinic is downtown, so there are lots of bar restaurants in the area, some cool shopping, and in the summer they have a street fair every Thursday right downtown.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's so quiet around here... (in the forums and at work) I'm bored!

Counting down the days to my next adventure. Off to MN in just 26 days to hang out with 200 of my closest knitting/crocheting friends. It's located in Rochester MN, which is a place I would LOVE to live...it's really awesome there... but it's already cold enough here, and hubby says he's not going there where it's colder! The mayo clinic is downtown, so there are lots of bar restaurants in the area, some cool shopping, and in the summer they have a street fair every Thursday right downtown.

In 26 days it should be the 70's-80's . Rochester seems like a cool town, it has been a long time since I've been there. My husband just went down there today, a church member is down there with their premie baby. The baby was due in late July but was born a couple days ago. The baby is doing fine and isn't even on oxygen anymore, but hubs still wanted to see how the family was doing.

Songbird76

Checking out of Cabana Bay😔, but headed to Universal Studios and then to HS. So not a bad day at all. We really enjoyed our stay here. Totally recommend this hotel. Yesterday we ate at The Cowfish. Overpriced and the food was average. The concept was interesting. They had burgushi which is hamburgers in sushi form. Dh had a cheese burgushi. I had a veggie burger.
View attachment 374341View attachment 374342View attachment 374343View attachment 374344View attachment 374345View attachment 374346View attachment 374347View attachment 374348View attachment 374349
I'm not sure what to say about Burgushi....that just sounds...um....interesting? Everything else looks awesome!! I can't wait to see it for myself!

Songbird76

Got my fastpasses. There were plenty for Flight of passage and Slinky Dog, even on our 3rd day there, so I think people are waiting on Star Wars. I didn't think I stood a chance at FOP until the end of our vacation, I had my choice, and I wasn't able to make fastpasses for my brother for some reason, and so I told him when our fast pass was, and he was able to get one for 10 minutes after ours.

Rista1313

Clear your history, close your browser, reboot, and open a new browser.
Got my fastpasses. There were plenty for Flight of passage and Slinky Dog, even on our 3rd day there, so I think people are waiting on Star Wars. I didn't think I stood a chance at FOP until the end of our vacation, I had my choice, and I wasn't able to make fastpasses for my brother for some reason, and so I told him when our fast pass was, and he was able to get one for 10 minutes after ours.

What... your brother participated in something?!?! GASP!

Songbird76

Now, if he’d just “participate” some $$$ into the plan...! ;):cautious:;)
That might take some REAL magic. But he also wants to do the Behind the Seeds tour. (his husband is quite the gardener...belongs to a gardening club and everything.) I'm not sure if he's wanting ME to book it for him or if he has a way to book it himself. But, the fact that he actually looked into things and decided that he liked the way that tour sounded....I was amazed.

wdwfan4ver

I was trying only trying to gauge it a against a July birthday party of my preschool son. The temps were in the 106 range and I believe over 700 people died in Chicago over a week and a half. They had bodies stacked in refrigerator semi's. Something I'll never forget. We bought two cheap window A/C units because the central AC was not keep up well enough and we faced west for a household full of people. We put one in the family room/kitchen and one in the living room and that worked well. That was 1995. It was now early evening and time to open presents and cake and I asked everyone to step outside. I never imagined several dozen people wanting to pound on me at once. I had just been outside and the temperature had dropped from 105 to the low 70's while we were celebrating inside. We in the Midwest don't do 105 for almost 2 weeks. As each guest belligerently moved outside at my request the awe of the low 70's that I forced them to share with me was well welcomed.
\
So I was just wondering if Wisconsin and Illinois shared that same heat wave or if they were different. Not meaning to get up into your age. I'm an AARP women and I am comfortable with all that. I've earned every year on this earth. :)
The summer in Question, I know Chicago actually had 1 more 100 degree day than where I live Wisconsin. As far the 1995 heatwave in Illinois, it also did happen parts of Wisconsin also including where I live.

The part of Wisconsin I live is the South Eastern part. I live less than 100 miles away from Chicago. Chicago's summer average for that summer was 75.1 degrees despite the 47 days of 90 plus degree weather. Chicago that summer was only their 11th warmest ever and I found that odd.

Where I live that summer had a than record 73.8 degrees during summer before it got broken in 2012. The old 73.8 degree record was tied in 1995.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just mentioning that a forum member, Lucky, passed away a few days ago. (There is a thread about the sad news which mentions him.) Actually, I'm not sure how many people here in this thread knew him at all, but he did sometimes venture up into news and rumors, etc., where some might have read his responses.

He had a great sense of humor, and from the various posts I read over the past few years, he had a caring heart. It's sad when any forum member passes away. I think we all contribute in our own way, on behalf of others.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've got AT&T for my cable TV and my internet. So far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with them. I've had two cable boxes that needed to be replaced so I just brought the old one to them and without any questioning they just handed me a new one. I did have a service call previous because I had one channel that would pixelate constantly. The next morning the guy was there. He checked it out, tried all the tricks and it didn't fix it, so that was box #1. I've had no problems with the internet at all. It's been about 4 years now.

Key here is that you could actually go in person to trade in boxes, etc. We don't have a local office up here -- my calls probably go to Timbuktu as far as I know. I vaguely recall that N.C. might be one of the warehouse (so to speak) places for some of their equipment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom