The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

It would take actual magic for me to have the patience to wait that long...!!! ;)

Yeah.. I did end up calling... and one of my stays of the split stay has a ghost profile on it... and I think that's why it was messing up. So I changed and tried one of the reservations that didn't have this phantom version of me, and it worked. I think I have everything set. crossing fingers, because I was charged for it, and I have emails from Disney... the website isn't reflecting it, but I'll give that a few days I suppose. I do have plenty of time.

StarWarsGirl

A few years ago, we bought a ThunderShirt for Jack. Problem was that you can't always be around to put it on him. We're out a lot. So we only used it a few times (if we were home and a storm hit). But we realized that without some consistency, it was kinda useless. (I don't even know where the thing is now--we might have chucked it.)
The dog who I used to dog sit was terrified of storms. If you left and you knew there was going to be a storm, you had to put it on her. It did work. She was a nice dog, but interesting.

donaldtoo

Has anyone heard about the TWA Hotel that just opened at the JFK Airport in NYC? It looks pretty amazing and everyone around here was looking forward to it. Then, the reviews started coming out:

Yep, @MinnieM123 and I were posting about it (and loving the overall concept - I’m a huge fan of mid-century modern architecture/style) over the weekend.
Such a cool concept, but, sounds to me like they rushed the “grand” opening, and the initial business model needs some serious review, and modification. Hopefully, they can get the kinks worked out, ‘cause I’d really like to see this concept done right, and thrive!
Regardless of the negative reviews, I’d still love to stay there for at least a coupla’ nights, and would really love to check out that bar in the Lockheed “Connie”...!!!!! ;):)

donaldtoo

It was also pork chop night for us. I made some Stove Top stuffing to go with them.

Sounds great, too...!!!!! :hungry:
Ours were about an inch thick (the garlic bread was balanced on the plate rim and even with the tops of ‘em :hilarious:) and juicy-tender delicious, with mushroom gravy...!!!!! :hungry:
I really could have done with just one...!!! :)

On a side note, I found some more leftover breakfast tacos from last Friday in the office fridge this afternoon that nobody else claimed, so I now have breakfast and lunch for tomorrow...!!!!! :hilarious:
It’s actually pretty crazy sometimes how often I really don’t hafta’ provide my own food at the office...!!!!!!! :joyfull::D;):)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
STILL trying to now pay for these silly bands.... almost 5 hours later.

I was an avid protester of the magic bands. I've come to love them and feel regret in protesting so much. But I do acknowledge my concerns were really what I did fear. As I walk past a particular attraction I receive a forced message that I am near Skipper's Canteen and their are still reservations available. But I feared the wrong thing, not the magic band but the My Disney Experience App. It isn't Disney's Magic Band tracking my whereabouts. It is the App I've downloaded. :rolleyes: Oops. And if I don't download the App my Disney Experience will be very very different. :in pain: I roll with it now. :geek:

Gabe1

Yes, but rather not say. I rather give out the time frame with it being in the late 1980s. The Midwest as a whole had its worst drought since the dust bowl years of the 1930s.

It makes me pretty old and don't want to give out the exact year since I gave my age at the time of the drought.

I was trying only trying to gauge it a against a July birthday party of my preschool son. The temps were in the 106 range and I believe over 700 people died in Chicago over a week and a half. They had bodies stacked in refrigerator semi's. Something I'll never forget. We bought two cheap window A/C units because the central AC was not keep up well enough and we faced west for a household full of people. We put one in the family room/kitchen and one in the living room and that worked well. That was 1995. It was now early evening and time to open presents and cake and I asked everyone to step outside. I never imagined several dozen people wanting to pound on me at once. I had just been outside and the temperature had dropped from 105 to the low 70's while we were celebrating inside. We in the Midwest don't do 105 for almost 2 weeks. As each guest belligerently moved outside at my request the awe of the low 70's that I forced them to share with me was well welcomed.
\
So I was just wondering if Wisconsin and Illinois shared that same heat wave or if they were different. Not meaning to get up into your age. I'm an AARP women and I am comfortable with all that. I've earned every year on this earth. :)

Gabe1

I was an avid protester of the magic bands. I've come to love them and feel regret in protesting so much. But I do acknowledge my concerns were really what I did fear. As I walk past a particular attraction I receive a forced message that I am near Skipper's Canteen and their are still reservations available. But I feared the wrong thing, not the magic band but the My Disney Experience App. It isn't Disney's Magic Band tracking my whereabouts. It is the App I've downloaded. :rolleyes: Oops. And if I don't download the App my Disney Experience will be very very different. :in pain: I roll with it now. :geek:

@Rista1313 We decided to wait out the ordering of magic bands. I have two coming, one for our next trip and one for my last year AP that I've yet to order. By October a third. My how my opinion has changed. :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom