Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

BlakeW39

You know, I am not super excited for some of the E-tickets coming to the parks. I am excited, but not that excited. I was thinkinh abiut making a thread which can draw some people in to give some info about all of them. That said Tron I am only so excited for. It's not hype for me. Guardians I would be... if it were going to a more thematically relevant spot. I was for Star Wars but then heard it's not so great. But MMRR I am genuinely very excited for. It looks to be actually top notch. Honestly it would be great to have it in our castle park but DHS needs it more. Any idea how long it will be?

DeletedAccount55555

Because when Universal build's a screen based ride - it's literally just a bunch of rooms with one large screen and you watch a movie. In some cases, the screens barely even have sets connecting them.

Disney, on the other hand has been steadily moving towards using screens and projections in novel ways - with multiple layers and integrating them well into a built environment or on animatronics.

Literally just described Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in that last sentence.

Please don't mistake this for defending Kong or Fast & Furious.

BlakeW39

Literally just described Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in that last sentence.

Please don't mistake this for defending Kong or Fast & Furious.
HP:FJ is worldclass and is on par with the best from Disney. It and Spider-Man are the exception, not the rule. Look at the mess that is Universal Studios. And why does Universal have 3 parks. They're just the samw thing. Sadly Disney is moving towards this but seriously it's on a template of IoA with differwnt IPs swapped.

Hawg G

HP:FJ is worldclass and is on par with the best from Disney. It and Spider-Man are the exception, not the rule. Look at the mess that is Universal Studios. And why does Universal have 3 parks. They're just the samw thing. Sadly Disney is moving towards this but seriously it's on a template of IoA with differwnt IPs swapped.

What has Disney done, truly world class, lately? Especially state side? Disney rides are combinations, and progressions. Universal does the mind blowing E tickets now. They also do C and D tickets, and don't tout them all as the best thing ever.

MMRR and RotR MAY be world class. But we really don't know yet. And it wasn't too long ago that those "in the know" folks said Smuggler's Run was so much more advanced than Star Tours, and was going to blow our minds.

Ummm, yeah, I guess the CMs are keeping all that secret.

BlakeW39

What has Disney done, truly world class, lately? Especially state side? Disney rides are combinations, and progressions. Universal does the mind blowing E tickets now. They also do C and D tickets, and don't tout them all as the best thing ever.

MMRR and RotR MAY be world class. But we really don't know yet. And it wasn't too long ago that those "in the know" folks said Smuggler's Run was so much more advanced than Star Tours, and was going to blow our minds.

Ummm, yeah, I guess the CMs are keeping all that secret.

All rides are progressions, what you think FJ popped out of nowhere? No, there were precursors which paved the way for it in the same way that there were those for new Disney rides. And those precursors were for FJ were Disnet attractions, classic Disney ride elements used together to make something unique; yet not with without predecessors.

Whatever you are trying to take away from FoP is pointless, it is a ride unique in itself as is FJ and is every bit as revolutionary as Harry, if not moreso. For all the faults Disney has, they have been crafting great themed entertainment for decades. Unpopular opinion, Universal Studios is a STAIN on Orlando theme parks in comparison to even DHS. It has no theme, just a cluster of mess, it has awful D ticket and C ticket attractions (yes they are admitted to be D and C, but they are still bad ones), and not one great E. Not one.

IoA is a very good park.

Hawg G

All rides are progressions, what you think FJ popped out of nowhere? No, there were precursors which paved the way for it in the same way that there were those for new Disney rides. And those precursors were for FJ were Disnet attractions, classic Disney ride elements used together to make something unique; yet not with without predecessors.

Whatever you are trying to take away from FoP is pointless, it is a ride unique in itself as is FJ and is every bit as revolutionary as Harry, if not moreso. For all the faults Disney has, they have been crafting great themed entertainment for decades. Unpopular opinion, Universal Studios is a STAIN on Orlando theme parks in comparison to even DHS. It has no theme, just a cluster of mess, it has awful D ticket and C ticket attractions (yes they are admitted to be D and C, but they are still bad ones), and not one great E. Not one.

IoA is a very good park.

DizNoid alert

No Name

@Hawg G Your bias against screen-based attractions seems stronger than any bias you claim others have. I don’t love an over-abundance of screens either, but FoP is one of the highest-rated rides anywhere (might still be the highest-rated) and people here like it so you’re just wasting your time.

Yes but while the original use of the System is gone, its nomenclature is, if anything, used more widely than ever in the industry-at-large. The fact that it is subjective makes it all the better for a discussion forum. At least it’s not a discussion of monorail expansion, strollers for 12-year-olds, or people smoking on rides before experiencing dracarys on gondolas.

I agree. But the point of conflict often comes from whether something should be labeled an E-ticket (post-opening) based on scale and “grandeur” or based on ratings and popularity, or what combination. I would definitely say the latter, and I think the former is a pompous argument against common opinion. Poor TSMM always finds itself in the middle of the argument because there’s a very heavy tilt against it on this forum vs. the general public.

DeletedAccount55555

Whatever you are trying to take away from FoP is pointless, it is a ride unique in itself as is FJ and is every bit as revolutionary as Harry, if not moreso.

I maintain that if FoP were a Universal attraction, Disney fans would crap all over it for being a screen-based ride. It's probably the best flying theater attraction out there, but acting like it's some revolutionary ride among the best of all time shows, to me, extreme Disney bias. Your Mouse ears are on too tight.

Unpopular opinion, Universal Studios is a STAIN on Orlando theme parks in comparison to even DHS. It has no theme, just a cluster of mess, it has awful D ticket and C ticket attractions (yes they are admitted to be D and C, but they are still bad ones), and not one great E. Not one.

IoA is a very good park.

I do agree that Universal Studios Florida lacks a cohesive theme, but it wasn't aiming to have one in the first place. The layout of the park reflects how Universal thought of it as a production facility first. DHS of course trying to be a legit production facility too, but they still had a traditional Main Street-and-Castle layout welcoming guests. USF's weenie is a 2D flat of the New York Public Library, for crying out loud.

My first thought when Epcot's redesigned entrance was announced was that USF needs an even greater overhaul. They have some space to do it considering they could utilize the side entrance to the park by the Blue Man Group.

As for USF not having an E-ticket and just "awful" D and Cs? It has what I consider the best interactive shooting ride ever created, Men in Black: Alien Attack (and no screens!) as well as Revenge of the Mummy, an indoor coaster with storytelling elements that Disney still hasn't matched 15 years later (maybe Guardians will change that). Even Gringotts is beyond what Disney has attempted in combining storytelling elements with a coaster.

Steph15251

I maintain that if FoP were a Universal attraction, Disney fans would crap all over it for being a screen-based ride. It's probably the best flying theater attraction out there, but acting like it's some revolutionary ride among the best of all time shows, to me, extreme Disney bias. Your Mouse ears are on too tight.

I do agree that Universal Studios Florida lacks a cohesive theme, but it wasn't aiming to have one in the first place. The layout of the park reflects how Universal thought of it as a production facility first. DHS of course trying to be a legit production facility too, but they still had a traditional Main Street-and-Castle layout welcoming guests. USF's weenie is a 2D flat of the New York Public Library, for crying out loud.

My first thought when Epcot's redesigned entrance was announced was that USF needs an even greater overhaul. They have some space to do it considering they could utilize the side entrance to the park by the Blue Man Group.

As for USF not having an E-ticket and just "awful" D and Cs? It has what I consider the best interactive shooting ride ever created, Men in Black: Alien Attack (and no screens!) as well as Revenge of the Mummy, an indoor coaster with storytelling elements that Disney still hasn't matched 15 years later (maybe Guardians will change that). Even Gringotts is beyond what Disney has attempted in combining storytelling elements with a coaster.
I do not think men in black is that great jmo ,and while I like the mummy for some reason I like Everest better but that is not really an indoor roller coaster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Your theory that Disney fans hate everything Universal has a fatal flaw: Disney fans praise FJ and Spider-Man, two screen-based rides.

So, you're just plain wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom