News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

BrerJon

Is this going to win the award for longest time ever from attraction completion to opening, assuming they don't open until September as they claim? That's what five months? That's a testing period longer than an entire ski season that these gondolas normally operate for.

Or will they open them early and claim 'we were so thrilled by guest response to seeing the gondolas running we decided to do all we could to open them early as an extra surprise for all our summer guests to enjoy'.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You cannot claim completion until all of the stations are complete, which they are not. Plus, you will have the asterisk next to the word, "attraction", since it falls in the grey area like the monorail, friendship boats, etc

Well you can't really claim 'work' when they aren't working to complete them either :)

Ponderer

Is this going to win the award for longest time ever from attraction completion to opening, assuming they don't open until September as they claim? That's what five months? That's a testing period longer than an entire ski season that these gondolas normally operate for.

Or will they open them early and claim 'we were so thrilled by guest response to seeing the gondolas running we decided to do all we could to open them early as an extra surprise for all our summer guests to enjoy'.

I guess we should define completion first?

joelkfla

Is this going to win the award for longest time ever from attraction completion to opening, assuming they don't open until September as they claim?
No, that would be Test Track, which was in T&A for about 2 years.

And Disney's Skyliner is a transportation system, not an attraction.

EricsBiscuit

From today. Of course as soon as I pulled out my phone to snap a few pics they stop testing. We waited for 5 mins, walk away to get ice cream and it starts again. We come back, it stops. A certified pain in the posterior.
CF1F53D6-F803-450A-9D55-67A2BC76BB46.jpeg
F3F3E6DE-8CA4-4A3E-BD42-1B36A8089B35.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From today. Of course as soon as I pulled out my phone to snap a few pics they stop testing. We waited for 5 mins, walk away to get ice cream and it starts again. We come back, it stops. A certified pain in the posterior.View attachment 372721View attachment 372720

You know that if it was moving it would look the same in a photo as when it's not moving, right?

:p

Phil12

Why do you view this in such a negative light? The kitsch of the gondolas fits perfectly with the carnival atmosphere at the Pop Century and Art of Animation resorts. The over the top gaudiness of both resorts is accentuated by the gondola system and gives a sense of amusement, sideshows and diverse entertainment. It's the sort of tacky transportation system that is perfect for children of all ages.

Phil12

Did Pop/AoA steal your lunch money while the Skyliner beat you up or something??
No, not at all. There is nothing wrong with garish, gaudy, showy, ostentatious, crass and loud decorations. It is, after all, the predominate theme at the Pop and AoA resorts. Especially now that the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is out of business there is more of a need for these types of flashy and brassy displays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom