News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

Don't know exactly what's in that part of that building, but the yellow thumbtack...

View attachment 372622

Non sense. It’s right underneath where the carrousel originally stood right over the ley lines. That’s why the energy hasn’t been the same in Disneyland since 1983. As the carrousel spun it would distribute the energy of the ley lines ( energy vortex) below throughout the whole park.

captveg

Lol true. That’s why I don’t understand why anyone feels like wasting time typing something telling me what isn’t the middle of the park.

With all due respect, I thought you were interested in why I perceived the park as being "middle-less". A conversation about the literal middle would of course be pointless because it just comes down to math. So we were talking past each other, as I was making a point about the "vibe" of the park and LM's placement within it. When someone thinks of the middle of DL, they will likely think of the hub, and how easily accessible the different lands are perceived to be; DCA just doesn't have that type of intuitive layout, IMO.

mickEblu

With all due respect, I thought you were interested in why I perceived the park as being "middle-less". A conversation about the literal middle would of course be pointless because it just comes down to math. So we were talking past each other, as I was making a point about the "vibe" of the park and LM's placement within it. When someone thinks of the middle of DL, they will likely think of the hub, and how easily accessible the different lands are perceived to be; DCA just doesn't have that type of intuitive layout, IMO.

But you started off saying “I wouldn’t call Mermaid the middle of the park” and how it was way off to the side of the park as if I was way off with my statement and then went on to explain how the park doesn’t have a middle. As the conversation progressed you then began to change your tune a little bit to how you perceive the middle. It’s ok sometimes just to admit your wrong instead of moving the goalpost.

captveg

But you started off saying “I wouldn’t call Mermaid the middle of the park” and how it was way off to the side of the park as if I was way off and then went on to explain how the park doesn’t have a middle. As the conversation progressed you then began to change your tune a little bit to how you perceive the middle. It’s ok sometimes just to admit your wrong instead of moving the goalpost.

Saying "I wouldn't call that whole side of the park "the Middle"" (my exact quote) means that's not what I would call it. I even put the words "the Middle" in quotes to make it explicit that I was talking about *perception* and not ones and zeros.

I wouldn't call the Rancho kitchen "the middle of Disneyland" even though it's now been shown to be the literal middle, either.

Goalpost was never moved. You didn't understand my goalpost, and I didn't catch on that you wanted to discuss literal feet and yards, either. Neither of us needs to admit to being wrong, because we were both right in what we thought the conversation was hinging on.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Saying "I wouldn't call that whole side of the park "the Middle"" (my exact quote) means that's not what I would call it. I even put the words "the Middle" in quotes to make it explicit that I was talking about *perception* and not ones and zeros.

I wouldn't call the Rancho kitchen "the middle of Disneyland" even though it's now been shown to be the literal middle, either.

Goalpost was never moved. You didn't understand my goalpost, and I didn't catch on that you wanted to discuss literal feet and yards, either. Neither of us needs to admit to being wrong, because we were both right in what we thought the conversation was hinging on.

I didn’t mean to say “you” as if you have a history of moving the goalpost. I meant to say “one.” I guess I’m not sure where the confusion was. I said the fact Mermaid doesn’t have other rides around it should be offset by the fact that it’s in the middle of the park along major walkways when discussing its lack of popularity. Then you tried to shoot down my point by saying it’s off to side of the park. Not sure how you concluded I was interested in discussing what you perceive to be the middle of the park when I was talking facts but Ok.

Last edited:

captveg

I didn’t mean to say “you” as if you have a history of moving the goalpost. I meant to say “one.” I guess I’m not sure where the confusion was. I said the fact Mermaid doesn’t have other rides around it should be offset by the fact that it’s in the middle of the park along major walkways. Then you tried to shoot down my point by saying it’s off to side of the park. Not sure how you concluded I was interested in discussing what you perceive to be the middle of the park but Ok.

You asked "What would you call the middle?" and I took that as an inquiry into my opinion/perception of the park. I probably should have just answered "Arthur". :p

That's really all it was. Typed language can be a funny thing, is all. We often read into it along the same train of thought that we bring to it, rather than seeing the train of thought the other person is bringing to it. Hence, talking past each other and creating a rather odd semantics tangent.

mickEblu

You asked "What would you call the middle?" and I took that as an inquiry into my opinion/perception of the park. I probably should have just answered "Arthur". :p

That's really all it was. Typed language can be a funny thing, is all. We often read into it along the same train of thought that we bring to it, rather than seeing the train of thought the other person is bringing to it. Hence, talking past each other and creating a rather odd semantics tangent.

Lol I understand. All good.

wityblack

Do we have any idea what sort of ride was going to be in the Inside Out helix, the one from the concept art at Blue Sky Cellar?

It looks the the track went over Bing Bong's building.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
At one point all the bug land rides were going to be ported over to Pixar Pier, so I assume this was Hemlich’s Chew Chew Train. Same or new theme, I don’t know.

Ismael Flores

Do we have any idea what sort of ride was going to be in the Inside Out helix, the one from the concept art at Blue Sky Cellar?View attachment 372709
It looks the the track went over Bing Bong's building.
it looks like the heimlich ride but maybe rethemed. actually wish they had gone that route.
either way they really screwed up the opportunity of adding a small family coaster that could have used the helix and roof portion of Bing Bong with maybe even an extended covered track behind the helix hovering over backstage building.
instead they put a spinner that could have gone in the other helix

truecoat

It probably takes as long to walk from the DCA entrance to get to LM as it does to walk from the DL entrance to get to Pirates or Space Mountain, but both Pirates and Space Mountain seem closer to their park's entrance to me.

You are correct. About 1400 ft from entrance to Little Mermaid. Pirates 1480 and Space Mountain 1589.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom