Rumor Disneyland Tomorrowland Future - What to do?

We all know that Disney will have to do something with Tomorrowland soon, what do you want to see?

• Demo it and start over with a new theme.

• Demo it and start over with same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain and keep same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain but retheme the land.

• Remove only certain attractions but keep the same theme.

• Remove only certain attractions but retheme the land.

• Go retro and bring back '67 Tomorrowland.

• Don't touch Tomorrowland at all, leave everything the way it is, its my favorite land!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phroobar

I wonder if the Disneyland version of Tron could be a bit more at 50% exterior 50% interior? Because it seems like part of the desire to put the ride in this park would be to build Rocket Rods right.

It’s even possible that while the new building in the sub lagoon would be used for load and unload, queue and launch, a few of the dark interior game grid portions of the ride could be inside buzz, star tours, space mountain, etc., if the track is roughly following the people mover route.

Not only would this differentiate the ride from Space Mountain more, but it would in a way be paying homage to the original designs of space mountain with a lot of exterior track for the coaster!
I think it would be a lot of fun having Tron run in and out of the buildings like Rocket Rods did. RR never had any effects inside the buildings. As long as they build it properly with support it should be fine.

Stevek

Space Mountain and Autopia (rethemed) are the only things that stay. I still say the asthetic they used tor the TL movie would be a perfect fit.

Suspirian

Is it bad that i wish they would bring back the alien encounter ride system back and use it in this new tomorrowland or marvel land

I’d love that. Ive always thought a ride with the interactive elements from alien encounter integrated would be really cool. Imagine that attraction as an EMV? That would’ve worked really well with the concept of GOTG:MB in my opinion.

mickEblu

Looks like Fab is trying to the resurrect the old Al Lutz Tuesday rumor tradition... :)

With no substance. It’s a “rumor” thats written like a wish list.

However, let’s play along for a second. There would be no way to fit Tron, BATB and Frozen in Autopia/ Subs/ Motorboat cruise area..... without losing Storybookland. 😕 BATB would take up Storybookland and the FL theatre. Frozen would take the motorboat Cruise area through Autopia near Matterhorn and the rest of Autopia/ Subs for Tron.

britain

With no substance. It’s a “rumor” thats written like a wish list.

However, let’s play along for a second. There would be no way to fit Tron, BATB and Frozen in Autopia/ Subs/ Motorboat cruise area..... without losing Storybookland. 😕 BATB would take up Storybookland and the FL theatre. Frozen would take the motorboat Cruise area through Autopia near Matterhorn and the rest of Autopia/ Subs for Tron.

Well, she's saying it's the other way around. No Frozen for Motorboat / Autopia, just BatB. If Frozen does come later it would be in the Fantasyland Theatre location (and I'm guessing Storybookland too).

mickEblu

Well, she's saying it's the other way around. No Frozen for Motorboat / Autopia, just BatB. If Frozen does come later it would be in the Fantasyland Theatre location (and I'm guessing Storybookland too).

Yeah I guess because they would need more room for Frozen/ Arendelle. Otherwise I would want it as far away from the FL courtyard as possible.

britain

@britain just reread the article. I don’t see her saying says that Frozen goes where the FL theatre is.

It’s all purposely vague.

She's saying no Frozen. Just BatB is planned. She then speculates that if Frozen were to happen, it would have to be at Fantasyland Theatre since BatB is taking over Motorboat / Autopia.

mickEblu

She's saying no Frozen. Just BatB is planned. She then speculates that if Frozen were to happen, it would have to be at Fantasyland Theatre since BatB is taking over Motorboat / Autopia.

It’s just poorly written. Why would she mention the motorboat Cruise area as “speculation” for a future Frozen area when she’s already included the motorboat Cruise area in the prior paragraph as part of the Phase one Fantasyland expansion? And so since motorboat Cruise is used in every scenario I’m not sure how we can conclude that BATB Is going in that area? She even goes on to say “Of course, I say build both Arendelle and Beauty and the Beast Village. One where the Fantasyland Theater sits and the other across the way.”

Last edited:

britain

It’s just really poorly written. Why would she mention the motorboat Cruise area as “speculation” for a future Frozen area when she’s already included the motorboat Cruise area in the prior paragraph as part of the Phase one Fantasyland expansion? And so since motorboat Cruise is used in every scenario I’m not sure how we can conclude that BATB Is going in that area? She even goes on to say “Of course, I say build both Arendelle and Beauty and the Beast Village. One where the Fantasyland Theater sits and the other across the way.”

I think she means for it to be read as:

1) Many think Frozen is coming to Motorboat/Autopia.
2) What is happening is BatB in Motorboat/Autopia.
3) In my opinion what should happen is BatB in Motorboat, and Frozen in FL Theater.

Yeah, it's not a clearly written article. (The ads and photos breaking up the flow don't help either.)

mickEblu

I think she means for it to be read as:

1) Many think Frozen is coming to Motorboat/Autopia.
2) What is happening is BatB in Motorboat/Autopia.
3) In my opinion what should happen is BatB in Motorboat, and Frozen in FL Theater.

Yeah, it's not a clearly written article. (The ads and photos breaking up the flow don't help either.)

IMO when she says, “Speculation has it replacing the Motor Boat Cruise or the Fantasyland Theater. If this is what you’re guessing, well, maybe later...” in reference to a Frozen expansion that puts a big wrench in #2. But maybe you speak Shelly better than I do. Lol.

Anyway what I wish she would have expanded on is the bit on Disneyland originality.

Ismael Flores

I still think that Beauty and the Beast would fit well in the Fantasyland theater with the showbuilding taking up the western toontown area. wish i had saved the overlay i did a while back but a showbuilding the size of IASW fits perfectly in western toontown with the entrance to the ride next to where the toontown train station is.

They would just need to have a tunnel built thru the train berm.

The fantasyland theater area would then be used to create the village and add a restaurant. They could then connect this area to the SWGE fantasyland entrance road somewhere where the stagecoach is

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom