Game of Thrones season 8 announced

Princess Leia

i’ve heard complaints from fans having a hard time watching the episode. some scenes were too dark.
It was bad. Like, I understand that the characters couldn’t see, but when the audience can’t see which dragon is which, or who is on the battlefield, it’s not great.

Fortunately, it looks like we’ll be getting to the brighter and warm-colored King’s Landing again.

21stamps

It was bad. Like, I understand that the characters couldn’t see, but when the audience can’t see which dragon is which, or who is on the battlefield, it’s not great.

Fortunately, it looks like we’ll be getting to the brighter and warm-colored King’s Landing again.

I had to google who died. I kept moving closer to my tv trying to see. 😂.
Hopefully we don’t have a blackout episode again. It was still great though!

mf1972

Original Poster
it didn’t take tormund that long to get over brienne😜. i’m enjoying the season so far, but does anyone feel with only 2 episodes left, the show is being rushed? that’s the vibe i’m picking up now. i hope they give us a satisfying conclusion, but currently wish they gave us more episodes.

Princess Leia

I’m going to reserve judgment until the show ends, but I’m mixed on this episode. There were things I liked, and things I didn’t, but it all depends on how the show ends really.

I will say that I did not expect Missandei to be the half of that couple to die first, that was unexpected.

mf1972

Original Poster
4015F8C4-7B7A-4DA8-9659-3E91910AF13A.jpeg

Anders Limpar

So, if Jamie goes back to Cersei, all the growth of his character will be pushed out the window. Surely, he is going into stealth mode to kill Cersei. Right?

I don't think the war with Cersei is the last war. There is still going to be a war between Jon and Dany.

Wendy Pleakley

There's really a difference between the seasons based on the books, and those that aren't.

The earlier seasons had interesting twists, and weren't afraid to kill off major characters. Right now, I'm seeing a pattern very similar to other shows in their final days (i.e. Breaking Bad) - no one of importance generally dies, but there's a tendency to kill of characters more frequently now that she show is ending. It all feels very cliched.

I'm curious to see if the show will surprise us in the end, or just play out like it has been set up. The first three episodes were 1) discussing the battle of Winterfall and how the Night King would be killed and then 2) executing that plan as stated.

This episode heavily set up an ending where Jon Snow ends up on the throne. Is it the obvious outcome as well, or are they making it *too* obvious so they can throw the audience for a loop?

LittleBuford

This episode heavily set up an ending where Jon Snow ends up on the throne. Is it the obvious outcome as well, or are they making it *too* obvious so they can throw the audience for a loop?

Am I the only one who remains utterly devoted to Dany and think she is being held to an impossible standard (both by the other characters and by many fans)? I'd be bloody mad too if I were in her position!

Wendy Pleakley

Am I the only one who remains utterly devoted to Dany and think she is being held to an impossible standard (both by the other characters and by many fans)? I'd be bloody mad too if I were in her position!

I thought the show did a good job with characters expressing their concerns with her, but also appreciating she's behaving like any ruler might.

I imagine there's also some sexism at play in the reactions. As has been pointed out, despicable characters like Theon are given a redemption story-line, while Melisandre does not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom