Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Spash007

Well, the national pavilions were original envisioned to have some sort of attraction (e.g., circlevision or a ride). Then that fell by the wayside.

The only reason rides are coming back to national pavilions is to boost Epcot's attendance especially in light of MK's overcrowdedness and the juggernaut that will be Star Wars Land. The festivals can only draw in so many and with diminishing returns.

And so, they're looking to add rides. And if there is some simpatico between a country and an IP, then there's a chance for a ride. If not, the ride can go elsewhere.

It helps if the current sponsors of a national pavilion also want a ride to make their pavilion more attractive and are willing to foot the bill for the ride. If the sponsors of Brazil are willing to pay for a ride, I don't see WDW saying no.

If a sponsor wants to fund the ride, does that avoid the IP mandate?

MickeyMouse10

So we are now going to remove Pavilions that don't have rides? My issue here is, I don't think the point of WS is to have rides with every pavilion. It is to have Pavilions that celebrate the culture of that land. Not to say I don't appreciate the added rides, and entertainment on that side of the pond, but I don't believe the plan is or will ever be a ride in every WS land. So adding Brazil, if tastefully done with some really good restaurants would be a great add IMO.

LOL, my earlier post will answer that question. You can have good attractions and still celebrate the countries. They are not mutually exclusive.

yeah I know, but I was just making a point....evidently not that well.

Still, I don't believe we should assume that every add to WS has to have a ride

Maybe not every pavilion, but many of them should eventually get attractions. There's got to be more things to do in World Showcase than just get wasted, eat or shop.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe not every pavilion, but many of them should eventually get attractions. There's got to be more things to do at Epcot than just get wasted, eat or shop.

So do you think we should still be holding out hope for Japan and Germany? :hilarious:

Hopefully that is the old rule, now that "Frozen" and "Ratatouille" have been added. Whether people like it or not we need IP based rides in World Showcase. If Brazil doesn't have an IP based attraction then it shouldn't be added to the park.

So your opinion is only IP based attractions should be added ..... Care to explain why? And if there’s no place for non-IP based attractions in your vision for Epcot, are you suggesting they should get rid of the existing ones too?

I’d actually like a mixture of attractions.

MickeyMouse10

So do you think we should still be holding out hope for Japan and Germany? :hilarious:

So your opinion is only IP based attractions should be added ..... Care to explain why? And if there’s no place for non-IP based attractions in your vision for Epcot, are you suggesting they should get rid of the existing ones too?

I’d actually like a mixture of attractions.

If Frozen can be put it in Norway than attractions like Alice in Wonderland or Mary Poppins (UK) can be added to the World Showcase. They probably would fit much better than Frozen too.

I think at least half of the pavilions should have attractions.

Coco
Frozen
Mulan
Pinocchio
Snow White or Tangled
American Adventure
Ratatouille
Alice or Mary Poppins

nickys

Premium Member
If Frozen can be put it in Norway than attractions like Alice in Wonderland or Mary Poppins (UK) can be added to the World Showcase. They probably would fit much better than Frozen too.

Coco
Frozen
Mulan
Pinocchio
Snow White or Tangled
American Adventure
Ratatouille
Alice or Mary Poppins

You haven’t really answered my questions. Are you saying you only count IP based attractions? So the American Adventure doesn’t count? And if they were to put in Mount Fuji, it would need to be an IP?

You seem to be focussing on rides as the only kind of attraction. So you’d want a Mulan ride, not just a movie - that kind of thing. I think there’s room for all kinds of attractions, like the museum in Morocco, the gardens in Canada.

MickeyMouse10

You haven’t really answered my questions. Are you saying you only count IP based attractions? So the American Adventure doesn’t count? And if they were to put in Mount Fuji, it would need to be an IP?

You seem to be focussing on rides as the only kind of attraction. So you’d want a Mulan ride, not just a movie - that kind of thing. I think there’s room for all kinds of attractions, like the museum in Morocco, the gardens in Canada.

I'm alright with American Adventure and the movies, but I think from here on out all rides should be IP based.

TJJohn12

Coco
Frozen
Mulan
Pinocchio
Snow White or Tangled
American Adventure
Ratatouille
Alice or Mary Poppins

Note than half the pavilions already have attractions, France will now have *two* with the addition of Rat...

Mexico - Three Cabs
Norway - Frozen
China - Circlevision
US - American Adventure
France - Rat & Circlevision
Canada - Circlevision

That’s 6 out of 11 of the pavilions that already have attractions. It looks more like you’re advocating *every* pavilion have a *ride*, not an attraction.

MickeyMouse10

Note than half the pavilions already have attractions, France will now have *two* with the addition of Rat...

Mexico - Three Cabs
Norway - Frozen
China - Circlevision
US - American Adventure
Canada - Circlevision

That’s 6 out of 11 of the pavilions that already have attractions. It looks more like you’re advocating *every* pavilion have a *ride*, not an attraction.

I'm talking real attractions like rides or shows. Not movies, People aren't running to Canada to see Martin Short.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Mexico - Three Cabs
Norway - Frozen
China - Circlevision
US - American Adventure
Canada - Circlevision

Umm, actually... France will have 3 attractions.

;)

nickys

Premium Member

Mexico - Three Cabs
Norway - Frozen
China - Circlevision
US - American Adventure
Canada - Circlevision

Plus Morocco has a museum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom