The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I totally understand, love the scroll wheel. Sometimes I use a laptop at school at work that has a touchpad for the "mouse" but no real right or left click button and I hate it and feel totally lost.
I don't use a mouse. I just use my touchpad, and there's no "button" per say, but if you click in the lower left, that works as the left button, push down on the lower right corner, and that's the right "button".

Songbird76

Ok I have finally calmed down enough I can share my walk story for today.

Kapono and I had Scary walk today....had a dog that looked like a pit bull charge at us about a half a block away. Scooped up Kapono right as he got to her. Couldn’t shake him he kept jumping at us and running around us. Then he paws the ground and would lunge at us. Every time I move he follows basically trapping us. Called the cops, just after I did that and they were on their way the guy from the house we were standing in front of called the dog in. I stuck around a little bit down the street to wait for the cop. But wait there’s more...

As I’m Talking to the cop Kapono slipped out of her harness and takes off down the street so I have to go run after her. I finally catch her Ihalfway down the block and then I have to go back and talk to the cop while holding her and finished giving the description of the dog (which I had taken a picture of but forgot to show the cop). He says he has dealt with the dog being loose before and will talk to the guy. I head home carrying Kapono as she and I are shaking. Walking back home and every dog on our side of the street is out and barking at us luckily they are all tied up or in a fence. Finally got home. Oh and this all happened on our block, we only went a block and I feel like I ran a freaking marathon!

Oh and when I called the police my podcast didn’t stop playing on my phone soo had to hang up on them, turn the podcast off and call again!

I don’t think we will be taking that route again for awhile. And I only took that route today to avoid the road construction on one route and avoid the track meet and baseball game being played on our other routes.
Yikes!! Does your town have leash laws? It sounds like this guy has been in violation before....his dog is obviously not properly socialized. It doesn't sound like he bit you, though, right? I would have been so scared. Did the guy at least come out and apologize to you??

Songbird76

Amen to that, and it's been the law in every place I've lived in. My dog is always leashed when outdoors.

In the instance of the dog that ajrwdwgirl had to deal with, I suspect that if she thinks it may have been the same dog as she saw in a different location recently, I think the owner has no intention of complying with local ordinances. He's probably too lazy to walk the dog and just lets him "out" to roam, which is scary and potentially dangerous, to people or animals that the dog may encounter.
Well to be fair, when I was growing up, our dog had a way of escaping under our feet when we opened the front door. But, he was not aggressive at all....he might lick you to death, but that's about it. The exceptions were my dad and his sister...dad got mad one day when he came over and Rascal jumped up to say hello. Dad picked him up and threw him across the room. After that, he would nip at my dad when he came in, and his sister tried to come in the house once when we weren't home and Rascal nipped at her, too. But if you are going into someone's house when the owners aren't home, you're kind of asking for it anyway. But Rascal would get out and just explore the town. The local Dog Catcher knew him and just called us to tell us where she saw him so we could go get him.

MySmallWorldof4

So with the help of the other mom from dd’s team we finished the shirts last night, or we thought we did. Somehow a 2019, which is getting put on the shirts, was missing or I printed one less. Went nuts looking for it. I have no more purple glitter vinyl. I was so bummed, annoyed, etc. last night. Even looked in the garbage to see if it got thrown out. Nothing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm glad you and Kapano are safe @ajrwdwgirl can you call and make a formal report seeing you've had more than one run in with this dog? Around here we have a few escape artists one of which likes my yard but it's just a big luv bug so I get a leash and return it home but if I called it would go to doggy jail the second time it happened. Side note I am Cindy with all the animals who show up all I ask for is a chameleon and maybe a horse

I’m not planning on making a formal report but if I encounter him again (although I don’t plan on taking that route again for awhile) or see him running around the neighborhood again I’ll call it in again.

Yikes!! Does your town have leash laws? It sounds like this guy has been in violation before....his dog is obviously not properly socialized. It doesn't sound like he bit you, though, right? I would have been so scared. Did the guy at least come out and apologize to you??

No bite and no apology. The cop did say he had talked to the owner before.

12in12

Congratulations.

I remember the year my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary, they bought something special. My parents went to WDW and had their picture taken. My mom and dad's own faces were on a glass crystal. The glass crystal had my parents names underneath my parents faces. 25th anniversary was mentioned underneath my parents names on the glass crystal.
That sounds like a beautiful anniversary present, one of a kind with magical memories attached to it.

donaldtoo

Giggle. The cost of holding a license. Bet partners do. Somebody in the firm must? Right? You posted the cars the educated drive. Not your ambition but do you really discredit the partners education? Or their success?

Seriously?
THEY print out and post stuff like this all the time on our office refrigerator...
Even THEY have a sense of humor about their education and licenses. Get a grip, already... :rolleyes:
And please, please just go past my posts and stop responding to any of them.
I have absolutely NO intetrest in communicating with you. I don’t respond to anything YOU post (other than this type of post harassment) so PLEASE do the same for my posts in kind.
Thank you.

Last edited:

12in12

Ok I have finally calmed down enough I can share my walk story for today.

Kapono and I had Scary walk today....had a dog that looked like a pit bull charge at us about a half a block away. Scooped up Kapono right as he got to her. Couldn’t shake him he kept jumping at us and running around us. Then he paws the ground and would lunge at us. Every time I move he follows basically trapping us. Called the cops, just after I did that and they were on their way the guy from the house we were standing in front of called the dog in. I stuck around a little bit down the street to wait for the cop. But wait there’s more...

As I’m Talking to the cop Kapono slipped out of her harness and takes off down the street so I have to go run after her. I finally catch her Ihalfway down the block and then I have to go back and talk to the cop while holding her and finished giving the description of the dog (which I had taken a picture of but forgot to show the cop). He says he has dealt with the dog being loose before and will talk to the guy. I head home carrying Kapono as she and I are shaking. Walking back home and every dog on our side of the street is out and barking at us luckily they are all tied up or in a fence. Finally got home. Oh and this all happened on our block, we only went a block and I feel like I ran a freaking marathon!

Oh and when I called the police my podcast didn’t stop playing on my phone soo had to hang up on them, turn the podcast off and call again!

I don’t think we will be taking that route again for awhile. And I only took that route today to avoid the road construction on one route and avoid the track meet and baseball game being played on our other routes.
That sounds so scary, I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you never encounter that dog again.

12in12

And that's the ONLY reason I'm working so hard for it. She deserves the trip of a lifetime. I want her to feel the magic.
Like others have said I would set up the account but not give your brother access to it. That way you can make FPs without him screwing things up.
By the way your brother sounds a lot like my brother. My brother did zero homework for our trip to WDW, never responded to my messages about his must do's etc. Then when we were there he complained about the choices I made.🤬
Luckily I had full control of the FPs since I hadn't given him the password to his account.

SteveBrickNJ

Thank goodness you got there safely! I hope the bed was comfy so you could recover from the long drive.
Thank you☺We all slept well. In less than an hour my family of 3 will have a tour of Grove City College. This will be DD's 4th and final college to visit. Then it will be time to compare and decide. Yet she is finishing 11th grade...so there's plenty of time😉

Songbird76

Like others have said I would set up the account but not give your brother access to it. That way you can make FPs without him screwing things up.
By the way your brother sounds a lot like my brother. My brother did zero homework for our trip to WDW, never responded to my messages about his must do's etc. Then when we were there he complained about the choices I made.🤬
Luckily I had full control of the FPs since I hadn't given him the password to his account.
In this case, I'm inclined to think it's ignorance on my brother's part. He hasn't been to Disney for a few decades, so he really doesn't know about things like ADRs and FPs, and he isn't quite the planner I am anyway. But, I also think part of it is how we grew up. He always got his way on everything, from who got to watch their program on TV, to who got to use the bathroom first, to who got to choose a restaurant, and he ALWAYS got to sit in the front seat of the car and push the seat back so my knees were touching the back and mom packed the car so full that there was no room for me to move anywhere. He would "forget" to take out the trash, which was his one chore every week, and mom would make me do it, but still pay him. He just never had to work for anything and he always got his way, and I always had to be the one to make the sacrifice...if he didn't take care of his car or bike, mom would make me let him use mine. (almost cost me $600 once) I think he thinks I am just going to plan the whole trip, and he is going to get there and manipulate everyone into doing what he wants, and I'm going to throw my plans out the window to give him his way. And because he doesn't realize how much planning really goes into it because he hasn't done the research, he doesn't realize that there's a REASON I plan the way I do. I think he just figures we'll just get there and do what we want to do, and he will manipulate everyone into doing what HE wants to do, like always. If it weren't for his daughter and his in-laws, who are amazing people, I would just not worry about it and I'd say "Oh....sorry...we have a fastpass for FoP now....standby line is over there if you want to ride."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom