Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt04

I’ve heard nothing to suggest they’ve chosen NOT to offer a parade but they certainly need to pull the trigger soon. There are some who view HEA’s popularity as meaning an updated HEA would be enough. And there are legitimate concerns from park ops. 9 pm parades with 10 pm fireworks are an operational challenge but that doesn’t excuse a bad decision. Push HEA back 15 min....

Or they could go with a new daytime parade. And make a new nighttime parade exclusive to After Hours events.

I really do think it has become too busy for HEA and a nightly parade. Tron and the 50th and Star Wars crowds are going to make the parks more crowded than they are now.

TTA94

I’ve heard nothing to suggest they’ve chosen NOT to offer a parade but they certainly need to pull the trigger soon. There are some who view HEA’s popularity as meaning an updated HEA would be enough. And there are legitimate concerns from park ops. 9 pm parades with 10 pm fireworks are an operational challenge but that doesn’t excuse a bad decision. Push HEA back 15 min....

That’s a relief to hear, yet concerning they haven’t green lit it yet. Hopefully there are enough votes within TDO to green light it rather than not.

Disone

Without a new parade I don’t see a big reason to come for the 50th. I wouldn’t book a special trip for some cupcakes with a 50 on it.
I suspect the new attractions will be marketed as the centerpieces of the 50th anniversary.

jrhwdw

Ever since WDW's Opening Guests lined up for a parade before Fireworks. Small parades until America On Parade, Then MSEP/Spectro until Oct 2016. Even with MM&Y/CTM with mins to spare and the top notch show before HEA opened: Wishes.

Granted I don't live there but I don't think Guests would mind lining up for whatever MK's been thinking about before HEA.

Disone

Ever since WDW's Opening Guests lined up for a parade before Fireworks. Small parades until America On Parade, Then MSEP/Spectro until Oct 2016. Even with MM&Y/CTM with mins to spare and the top notch show before HEA opened: Wishes.

Granted I don't live there but I don't think Guests would mind lining up for whatever MK's been thinking about before HEA.
I think they could do a 9pm night parade. As it clears the hub the street becomes immediately available for the 10pm fireworks just as it was for MSEP and Spectro and 2nd life of MSEP. The encore performance may need to be at 11:15 or 11:30 to give a bit more time to clear the parade route again after the HEA performance.

Park can still close at 11pm as ROL now has strongly established the operational feasibility of performing a nighttime spectacle after the park has closed. Or they could just stay open to midnight. like. they. should! :)

jrhwdw

I think they could do a 9pm night parade. As it clears the hub the street becomes immediately available for the 10pm fireworks just as it was for MSEP and Spectro and 2nd life of MSEP. The encore performance may need to be at 11:15 or 11:30 to give a bit more time to clear the parade route again after the HEA performance.

Park can still close at 11pm as ROL now has strongly established the operational feasibility of performing a nighttime spectacle after the park has closed. Or they could just stay open to midnight. like. they. should! :)

It depends on MK still wants OUAT or not. OUAT is a little longer than MM&Y/CTM. From what I see on YT Streams, Main Street looks a lot better for OUAT when it happens after HEA which is just 45 mins after HEA starts.

Something that could help now, and would really help the sting if Corless is right is if MK upgraded OUAT!! Unless I missed something, there's no reason why MK can't have TDL's OUAT
Pyro Package!!!!

jrhwdw

Not related to the 50th, but is related to HEA. Is there a good reason why Tink wasn't in HEA the last 2 Nights? The conditions looked perfect from what I could tell on YT Streams from the past two nights.

Also the Castle looks less golden(could be me) and there's less pyro during Go The Distance.

However, I will say that the final 10 sec of HEA has been Stunning since 2019 began!

ToTBellHop

Not related to the 50th, but is related to HEA. Is there a good reason why Tink wasn't in HEA the last 2 Nights? The conditions looked perfect from what I could tell on YT Streams from the past two nights.

Also the Castle looks less golden(could be me) and there's less pyro during Go The Distance.

However, I will say that the final 10 sec of HEA has been Stunning since 2019 began!
Not enough people would admit to believing in fairies.

Thankfully, we're Americans and we clap for anything so she should be back in no time.

Kman101

To me, and I'm assuming, so you know what they say about that ... but I feel like there's just no real news either way. Nothing's greenlit but that also doesn't mean something won't still be, but the clock is running out on that ... methinks Clickbait jumped the gun a bit, and I almost kind of feel like his "sources" are messing with him ... IMO ... but I also believe there's probably credibility to the fact that they think HEA is enough and don't see a 'need' for the parade. So like SpectroBro said, keep your fingers and toes crossed.

I had my doubts to begin with about them doing one for the 50th so I hope they prove me wrong. But I've been once again disappointed lately so ...

jrhwdw

Maybe something's in the works already and not in the 50th budget? Another crazy thought I know but the quickness of ROL: WAO surprised me. I knew there was talk of ROL changes down the road, not Memoral Weekend 2019.

TTA94

Maybe something's in the works already and not in the 50th budget? Another crazy thought I know but the quickness of ROL: WAO surprised me. I knew there was talk of ROL changes down the road, not Memoral Weekend 2019.

I agree on that, the new version of RoL seemed like a unexpected surprise this year. When MSEP was announced to come to WDW for the Summer Nightastic event that seems a little unexpected and wasn’t rumored or talked about much prior to. To my knowledge anyway.

Kman101

And the reality is, sometimes sources hear different things. I imagine like most things, it's somewhere in the middle. It doesn't actually sound like it's "been decided". Guess we'll just have to wait and see. None of our insiders are talking lol

Plans can, and do change, on a frequent basis ...

I also feel like a lot of their decisions are made out of sudden panic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom