Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

britain

Oh no I hadn't considered this!

I was actually thinking that city hall might make a better entrance area for the ride than Gag Factory. There's more space to reconfigure for Fastpass and storoller parking and whatnot, and it's easier to see from the entrance to the land. I also feel like it's always been a very underutilized space.

I like the idea of the ride still exiting into a mostly unaltered Gag Factory store. I'd like to think they could keep the interactive building in this scenario.

But that city hall area is the food court. You’re gonna need that especially with the big new attraction there.

britain

I figured the entrance would somehow go down near gadgets, maybe where chips treehouse is. So we are thinking now its going where gag factory is?

That area needs help, because of the lame treehouse, and the view of the back of Star Wars. But that’s too close to the existing meet with Mickey. It pretty much has to be the gag factory.

BrianLo

I’d still really like to see the entire western flank of toontown torn out (potentially including a portion of the Music backstage plot) to basically just be utilized for an indoor theater and a moved Mickey Meet and Greet.

This assumes the demise of wonderbra. But I still see value in Disneyland holding a Mickey led revue of Disney classics.

Either way the complete 180 of me championing the complete removal of Toontown to being happy it is being cemented with an E-ticket has now occurred.

BrianLo

Also, in the race of the goalposts...

DHS officially got rid of Lights, Motors, Action, the Backlot tour and Great Movie Ride for a net gain of Slinky Coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers. I’ll throw in the Cars Show.

The attraction gap between DL and DHS (post ‘major redo’) actually widened.

rebelk73

Also, in the race of the goalposts...

DHS officially got rid of Lights, Motors, Action, the Backlot tour and Great Movie Ride for a net gain of Slinky Coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers. I’ll throw in the Cars Show.

The attraction gap between DL and DHS (post ‘major redo’) actually widened.
Disneyland opened in 1955. There will never be a time when DHS catches up. Also, WDW is a huge scam in some ways (don't come at me DW people) because it relies on more parks to do less stuff. Why concentrate all efforts on 2 really jam packed parks right next to each other when we can build 4 or more parks with less to do to make people feel like they are getting a better value by visiting DW? We will decorate it, add more hotels to pack in more humanity, put in more uber expensive sit down restaurants, all to make you feel like you are getting more More MORE! I actually feel bad for poor DW.

BrianLo

Disneyland opened in 1955. There will never be a time when DHS catches up.

Of course it will never catch up, but I don't think any of us expected it would continue to lose ground. After what was essentially supposed to be its Iger-era grand expansion.

DHS still has the lowest ride count of any park worldwide. If it's the "show park", it by far has a cumulative age of shows that approach 100 years of operation. Does DHS still have the 4/5 longest running, non-refreshed, non-AA entertainment offerings worldwide?

Out of the 12 Disney parks it is the 5th oldest, so age isn't exactly the problem, unless it comes to geriatric shows.

I didn't mean to overtly just poo-poo on DHS (maybe I did). I think Epcot stole the rest of its budget. We'd probably be having a different sort of conversation if Rat and the Guardians coaster were also bound for DHS, with the shows not having been mostly ignored.

Pam Hates Penguins

I’d still really like to see the entire western flank of toontown torn out (potentially including a portion of the Music backstage plot) to basically just be utilized for an indoor theater and a moved Mickey Meet and Greet.

I don't know. We all know where these Disney theme park theatres go eventually.... Either playing movie previews or just taking up space. And if we wind up getting a show or something of that matter in the theatre, likely chances it will go away in the very near future.

BrianLo

I don't know. We all know where these Disney theme park theatres go eventually.... Either playing movie previews or just taking up space. And if we wind up getting a show or something of that matter in the theatre, likely chances it will go away in the very near future.

Sorry, not a screen based theatre. A broadway-esque show theatre.

I.e. like Hyperion. Mickey and the Magician, Wondrous Book, the new Tokyo Fantasyland Theatre, etc.

MoonRakerSCM

Oh, hell, you're right. :D

Another half inch to the right and you get the Harbor Blvd. overpass, that's where the sidewalk is.

Yeah, I'm trying to recall how the view is into the backlot from the overpass, I seem to recall it's actually not too good. When the new monorails were coming online, you could get a good view of them entering and leaving the roundhouse from the sidewalk right by the 5 south on ramp, but I think the roundhouse blocks the view down the backlot drag that will be of interest for this project.

The_Mesh_Hatter

I could see the entrance taking over Five & Dime, leaving Gag Factory safely between the exits of the two Toon Town major rides. You’d only need to remove a few tables from the food court to create a clear path to the entrance.

6D6D6932-E533-4534-94F8-6961486DC988.jpeg

BubbaisSleep

That area needs help, because of the lame treehouse, and the view of the back of Star Wars. But that’s too close to the existing meet with Mickey. It pretty much has to be the gag factory.
I’m almost sure that I read that Disney is going to completely redo the Toontown mountains so I’d imagine even if they wanted to keep/refurb some of the structures in the back like the Treehouse they’d put a new mountain behind them covering SWL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom