The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I didn't even file this year. I didn't have enough taxable income to owe anything, I hadn't paid anything in advance into the IRS so my refund was zero. I tried that company that advertised FREE, FREE, FREE but since I had some investment accounts that, thanks to "the greatest economy ever", didn't do all that well last year, so in order to file, which I was planning to do in spite of that, the FFF place was willing to charge me $40.00 to file. Free, must have a definition a little different then I remember being taught. Anyway, being over 70, not enough income from outside sources, no refund, I decided to just not file since from what I understand saves us all a lot of useless paperwork. The government already knows every bit of income I have anyway. If they send me to jail, it will eliminate my needing to find a new apartment this year, and save me tons in food and other, cost of freedom, expenses. :D

All sounds good to me! :joyfull:

Oh yah, hadn't you heard -- the new "free" starts at $40. :p

And you're right about jail -- you wouldn't have to find an apartment (it's rent free, and not taxed by the way), and you'd also get 3 meals a day. Overall, not a bad gig, if you can get it?! :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We've used them and we're more than 3 people. Size 3?

Between you, Rista and a few others, this discussion about packing cubes has me baffled. Never heard of these before. Is this something new?

Then again, I've always had my own packing solution--the night before a trip, just dump everything in there. When you get to your hotel, hang up stuff. You'd be surprised that most wrinkles fall out overnight. If there is something that really looks bad, I just use the iron for a very quick touch up. (Most hotels have an iron and board in the closet; if not there, just call for one.)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Between you, Rista and a few others, this discussion about packing cubes has me baffled. Never heard of these before. Is this something new?

Then again, I've always had my own packing solution--the night before a trip, just dump everything in there. When you get to your hotel, hang up stuff. You'd be surprised that most wrinkles fall out overnight. If there is something that really looks bad, I just use the iron for a very quick touch up. (Most hotels have an iron and board in the closet; if not there, just call for one.)
They've been around for a few years https://www.amazon.com/LeanTravel-C...=gateway&sprefix=packing+cubes,aps,195&sr=8-7 just one example

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Lovely back yard you have there. :inlove:

The yard behind the townhouse building where we live, is all concrete, with a bunch of dead leaves flying around, and 3 trash cans. Sometimes, there are 4 trash cans, if it's really windy out and a neighbor's one flies in to our area. :p

Lastly, hubs also has his two different sized boxing stands out there, with both light & heavy punching bags. (So, I'm not trying to make you jealous or anything, but our yard is exquisite, I tell you, just exquisite.) :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Hmm. Having never seen these before, my first impression was that they'd take up extra space in the suitcase. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what function they provide. Do they help you to press down the clothes so that you can pack more?

Rista1313

Packing cubes have probably been around for at least 5 years if not longer... here's what some of them look like:

and here is a video to see how one person uses them... there are many videos

Rista1313

Hmm. Having never seen these before, my first impression was that they'd take up extra space in the suitcase. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what function they provide. Do they help you to press down the clothes so that you can pack more?

I thought the same thing after I bought them... so I haven't used them.. but after watching quite a few videos last night... the goal seems to be to stuff them full and you can compress them some when they are zipped.

I'm going to practice this on my next two trips before WDW in Sept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom