News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

JayKZ

"On social media, some theme park followers have criticized the lack of air conditioning in the gondolas.

But Mazloum argued the ride is “absolutely comfortable.”

“We have specifically designed them with the Florida climate in mind,” he said, pointing to reflective windows that block out the sunlight and the mesh screens on both sides to bring in a breeze."

We will see how well this quote ages after a couple of days of operations when its 85 and above.
It says absolutely comfortable. So there. It will be absolutely comfortable. It'll be magical. And cool. So hush up, ya bunch of naysayin' killjoys.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It says absolutely comfortable. So there. It will be absolutely comfortable. It'll be magical. And cool. So hush up, ya bunch of naysayin' killjoys.
Not to mention absolutely comfortable. ;)

You know you’re off to a good start when the Disney VP of transportation has to “argue” that the system is “absolutely comfortable” .

Grimley1968

Disney's really overestimating the time frame assuming, I assume, waiting in line and at least a minute in each station loading and unloading.

This way, when it's much shorter, people will be impressed!

Plus, since Riviera is a stop, it will probably take an additional minute or so to get through there, even if you’re just passing through.

But I agree that they’re probably padding the times overall.

Mickey5150

Interesting they say "by August" Disney castmembers might be riding in them. Still seems like a crazy long time to test and just wait for opening them up. I'm still irritated about how close we came to being able to make use of them for our trip. Sigh. Oh well, we'll still be at Disney World.
If you are opening a brand new transportation system in the sky I'd wait till hurricane season is over.

joelkfla

Disney's really overestimating the time frame assuming, I assume, waiting in line and at least a minute in each station loading and unloading.

This way, when it's much shorter, people will be impressed!
I think by just about a minute for the DHS & Pop lines, but the Epcot line's a mystery because we don't know how long it will take to go thru Riviera, and whether and by how much they'll slow down thru the BW turn.

trainplane3

I'm so sorry.

planet-coaster-screenshot-2019-04-16-19-49-17-58-png.365196

I am 100% officially done with jokes in this thread. This just about covers the extent of how far I want to take it.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Exactly, which is why they wait until after the season so they don't need to be shutting down there new transportation within weeks of grand opening.
SW Land opens during the peak of hurricane season. I don’t think they typically delay projects on the chance the parks may be impacted by a hurricane, but anything is possible I guess.

Phil12

The system will close for year round afternoon thunderstorms far more often than the occasional 2-3 closures per decade for a hurricane.
How long will it take before the first gondola is singed by lightning? And I wonder how long an E-stop will last on average?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom