News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

You raise some good points, but I just can’t agree with you completely as I preferred Star Tours captained by Rex over C-3PO, and that’s coming from someone who loves C-3PO.

Well that’s a little different as Rex was an original created for Star Tours.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I disagree. the average drink is prob gonna cost upwards of 10 bucks. most people will prob grab one drink and walk around the cantina to admire and look at the atmosphere and theming as they drink it then bounce. its not going to be some dive bar where someone has multiple drinks. not like they gonna offer a happy hour.

You’ve never been to trader sams I see... please stop parading as if your view is the obvious one. The only obvious thing about it is how clueless it is.

SSG

I've posted this before. The canon backstory of the Falcon takes place not just in the movies, but in books and theme parks as well.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't know if this was discussed in the past 759 pages or not, but in the show yesterday they said some of the experiences would be tied to magicbands, obviously for WDW, but I wonder if they're going to link to anything in DL for similar experiences

BrianLo

Original Poster
Han is dead.

SW:GE respects theme parks as their own medium. I realize some people just wanted a CM dress up Luke on Tatooine. But this respects parks as their own art form and not merely a set re-creation of that movie you watched.

That was the difference in how this expansion evolved over years that they designed it. From a Tatooine roller-coaster to its own actual true cannon extension.

Also Han is dead.

One of the cannon problems with having Han or Chewie is... why exactly would they let 6 strangers pilot their ship and not themselves? That's probably why the imagineers decided to separate them out... plus Han is dead.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Original Poster
@SWGalaxysEdge you made a comment about 'one of the missions'. Taking that comment at face value implies more than one ride experience. I was under the impression it was just one mission like Star Tours 1.0.

Did you mean one of the mission components?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
@SWGalaxysEdge you made a comment about 'one of the missions'. Taking that comment at face value implies more than one ride experience. I was under the impression it was just one mission like Star Tours 1.0.

I haven't seen it myself, but information online states that a featurette on the 4k release of Solo claims that there will be 3 different missions that you can do on the ride.

It will be more like Star Tours 2.0, except the beginning of the mission will always be the same, you go from Batuu to Corellia, then after that, it splits off to the random 3 missions.

drod1985

There are three potential ride experiences, as first reported by Making Star Wars:
  • Scenario 1 is a race on Corellia that he’s sure you can’t lose with the Millennium Falcon.
  • Scenario 2 is a mission to a First Order Shipyard on Corellia, which we’ve seen in ride test footage
  • Scenario 3 has your crew trying to steal a piece of cargo, but the cargo is guarded by a giant alien monster, which we’ve seen concept art of.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I haven't seen it myself, but information online states that a featurette on the 4k release of Solo claims that there will be 3 different missions that you can do on the ride.

It will be more like Star Tours 2.0, except the beginning of the mission will always be the same, you go from Batuu to Corellia, then after that, it splits off to the random 3 missions.
There are three potential ride experiences, as first reported by Making Star Wars:
  • Scenario 1 is a race on Corellia that he’s sure you can’t lose with the Millennium Falcon.
  • Scenario 2 is a mission to a First Order Shipyard on Corellia, which we’ve seen in ride test footage
  • Scenario 3 has your crew trying to steal a piece of cargo, but the cargo is guarded by a giant alien monster, which we’ve seen concept art of.

Thanks! Somehow totally missed this.

Starting with a Dangerous amount of re-rides.

The Mur

This brings up an interesting issue with the early reserved times; will you only be able to ride it once or could someone in their reservation window just try to do MF ride as many times as possible. Seems that they would limit you to one which would help to clear area

mickEblu

Han is dead.

SW:GE respects theme parks as their own medium. I realize some people just wanted a CM dress up Luke on Tatooine. But this respects parks as their own art form and not merely a set re-creation of that movie you watched.

That was the difference in how this expansion evolved over years that they designed it. From a Tatooine roller-coaster to its own actual true cannon extension.

Also Han is dead.

One of the cannon problems with having Han or Chewie is... why exactly would they let 6 strangers pilot their ship and not themselves? That's probably why the imagineers decided to separate them out... plus Han is dead.

I see your points but how are they going to handle the Kylo Ren/ ROTR situation? Unless the fact that he’s in ROTR Is just a big spoiler that he’s alive and well and still evil after Episode 9? I don’t buy the “land is set around Episode 8” thing. It’s just a convenient cop out so they could include the current baddie in the land. Anyway it doesn’t really bother me that Kylo is part of the attraction. I just don’t think the Han is dead argument isn't consistent with other decisions that went into the land

Last edited:

drod1985

I see your points but how are they going to handle the Kylo Ren/ ROTR situation? Unless the fact that he’s in ROTR Is just a big spoiler that he’s alive and well and still evil after Episode 9? I don’t buy the “land is set around Episode 8” thing. It’s just a convenient cop out so they could include the current baddie in the land. Anyway it doesn’t really bother me that Kylo is part of the attraction. I just don’t think the Han is dead argument is consistent with other decisions that went into the land

Disney and Lucasfilm are on record with saying that the GE is set between TLJ and TROS, when Kylo is alive and well and Han is dead. Besides a few minor aesthetics (the Falcon dish and Poe’s X-Wing), what decisions are inconsistent with that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom