News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

ThatMouse

This still doesn't look like the path would be that much wider to me. It almost looks like they are done over where the dx lights are. Maybe it's more to do with infrastructure.

mm121

Instead of widening the walkways, how about they limit the capacity of the magic kingdom and let in on site guests first?
Sadly that will never happen.

Disney doesn't care about the guest experience as far as it being too crowded.

They only limit it by what the maximum the fire marshal will allow.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney doesn't care about the guest experience as far as it being too crowded.

That's not true at all. Bob Iger mentioned in a quarterly call that crowding issues was lowering guests' enjoyment and they're still working on ways to deal with that. I've received surveys regarding the Halloween and Holiday MK parties and they both asked about crowding issues.

Kman101

That's not true at all. Bob Iger mentioned in a quarterly call that crowding issues was lowering guests' enjoyment and they're still working on ways to deal with that. I've received surveys regarding the Halloween and Holiday MK parties and they both asked about crowding issues.

Yep .... They very much know it's a problem.

mm121

The last few times I've been to MK over the years it's been unbearably crowded with long attraction wait times.

Definitely not worth the cost of a one day ticket.

tl77

Is there any blue print of this? Just wondering if they are also expanding that seating area in Liberty Square at the end of the path, seems like good "firework viewing" right there

tallica

Is there any blue print of this? Just wondering if they are also expanding that seating area in Liberty Square at the end of the path, seems like good "firework viewing" right there
just speculation, but I think the path will be widened and separated from they sleepy hollow seating area by a half wall. this way there will not be people congesting the line and seating area.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Oh, yes. I’m well aware of the wide open spaces at DCA (1.0 was particularly bed)!

I know people hate to compare Disney to Universal, but that’s another thing they got right with the Wizarding World—especially Diagon Alley’s Knockturn Alley—the narrow, winding feel that makes it seem more intimate and really directs your field of view as you explore. The whole time you’re fully immersed in a magical space while you’re also drawn to explore to see what lies around the corner.

Maybe SW:GE will provide some of this?
If you think the way the Wizarding World handles narrow paths is better then you've clearly never been on a half busy day. Nothing hurts the magical experience more than the entire land feeling as full as the space between Small World and Peter Pan.

The wider paths of something like Cars Land or the less packed with details web of paths like Pandora both are a thousand time more enjoyable even if they aren't as intimate and small feeling.

Kman101

If you think the way the Wizarding World handles narrow paths is better then you've clearly never been on a half busy day. Nothing hurts the magical experience more than the entire land feeling as full as the space between Small World and Peter Pan.

The wider paths of something like Cars Land or the less packed with details web of paths like Pandora both are a thousand time more enjoyable even if they aren't as intimate and small feeling.

Yep. I may love the feel of the Potter lands, but it's not a pleasant experience 99% of the time ... just saying ... realistic? Sure. Logical for theme park crowds? Not really. Although I also think Universal should focus on revamping some areas of their current two parks before building a third ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom