News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Stevek

I believe he got invited to one of the special events when the DLRR reopened
Mission accomplished. He's not going to do anything to hurt his chance of going again. WDW is notorious for it. Tommy Boy, for all his faults, was at least willing to call out Disney on stuff and he doesn't get invited to events from what I understand. Lou is still the poster boy for how to play the game though.

nevol

Are we really doing this again? every month we have to write strong words about freshbaked?

First of all, he reads these forums.

Secondly, we are on a disney fandom forum. We are all odd ducks. If you don't think so, you lack self awareness. Conversely 20 million people go to disneyland each year. We are all different. You aren't going to like everything somebody else does.

If I were to critique him in a constructive/substantive way rather than just using the word hate lightly, I will acknowledge that his mind's eye is very weak, but he says this himself all the time. He can't imagine how something might look until its right in front of him. But as I said, everybody is different, and he surprises me a lot with his vocabulary and knowledge of history, like when he went to Paris for his honeymoon. If he likes pixar pier, so what, he also recently made a walking tour video with Ian in new orleans square where they did a great job of acknowledging the things they (and I) love about the land. I don't think he is all in on everything disney does at all. He called out the blue wall behind dumbo if I'm not mistaken, the backlot, and was very blunt about Ratatouille in Paris. The best aspects of Disneyland still takes his breath away but he is no apologist.

If you want to see a Walt Disney Company cheerleader, look no further than DSNY newscast. Everything that guy says is either an attempt to impress imagineers or walt disney studios' PR. Look! I know about crowdflow engineering! Live action remakes are AMAZING even when they are box office failures!

Last edited:

socalifornian

hey when is the star wars park starting construction thank you
I too use Internet Explorer. As you can see from my photo, construction is just around the riverbend as they say

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Are we really doing this again? every month we have to write strong words about freshbaked?

First of all, he reads these forums.

Secondly, we are on a disney fandom forum. We are all odd ducks. If you don't think so, you lack self awareness. Conversely 20 million people go to disneyland each year. We are all different. You aren't going to like everything somebody else does.

If I were to critique him in a constructive/substantive way rather than just using the word hate lightly, I will acknowledge that his mind's eye is very weak, but he says this himself all the time. He can't imagine how something might look until its right in front of him. But as I said, everybody is different, and he surprises me a lot with his vocabulary and knowledge of history, like when he went to Paris for his honeymoon. If he likes pixar pier, so what, he also recently made a walking tour video with Ian in new orleans square where they did a great job of acknowledging the things they (and I) love about the land. I don't think he is all in on everything disney does at all. He called out the blue wall behind dumbo if I'm not mistaken, the backlot, and was very blunt about Ratatouille in Paris. The best aspects of Disneyland still takes his breath away but he is no apologist.

If you want to see a Walt Disney Company cheerleader, look no further than DSNY newscast. Everything that guy says is either an attempt to impress imagineers or walt disney studios' PR. Look! I know about crowdflow engineering! Live action remakes are AMAZING even when they are box office failures!
I stand by what I said about him and his fresh baked crew. They act as if they insiders and make false claims and assumptions all the time and act as if disney owes them something or needs to check with them before making a change. They act as if they built the park. They represent everything that is wrong about annual passes. No matter what critiques they made about new orlean squares, the fact the like pixar pier and what was done to the auction scene in pirates is in defensable

PB Watermelon

Jeez, guys...I bust FreshBaked's balls in a light-hearted way (all the angst over "gaps" in the Galaxy's Edge rock work), but I don't go after them personally, just a little ribbing. They're harmless, they clearly love the park, and I think their heart is in the right place. If I have to choose between outsized positivity or nitpicking bitter criticism, I'll take the over-enthusiastic comments any day. It ain't like they're forcing you to watch their videos. Don't like it, don't watch it. Vote with your clicks. I don't read Jim Hill (I don't trust him), I stopped going to Aint It Cool News over a decade ago because Harry Knowles was a grease stain -- long before the sexual assault allegations that led to his downfall. You can choose. FreshBaked is harmless.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Jeez, guys...I bust FreshBaked's balls in a light-hearted way (all the angst over "gaps" in the Galaxy's Edge rock work), but I don't go after them personally, just a little ribbing. They're harmless, they clearly love the park, and I think their heart is in the right place. If I have to choose between outsized positivity or nitpicking bitter criticism, I'll take the over-enthusiastic comments any day. It ain't like they're forcing you to watch their videos. Don't like it, don't watch it. Vote with your clicks. I don't read Jim Hill (I don't trust him), I stopped going to Aint It Cool News over a decade ago because Harry Knowles was a grease stain -- long before the sexual assault allegations that led to his downfall. You can choose. FreshBaked is harmless.
No such thing as a harmless AP holder. I hope when he gets his star wars land reservation he still cant get into the land so he can make a video where he throws a temper tantrum about how entitled he was to get into the land.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Walt was the ultimate AP holder. ;)

And why would you hope the Fresh Baked gang has a bad experience? They gush a bit, gripe a bit like everybody else on the interwebzz. Harmless.
I have said all I am going to say about freshbaked for now. I dont wana take the thread anymore off topic. For those that know me on here know I like to stay on topic. Now, back to not being able to not walk on the ramp on the physical Falcon...

SWGalaxysEdge

Dont tempt me friend. They told me the the same thing about running on the field at Dodger Stadium during a game. Well I still got the blades of grass I took and I still go to games. I wear fake beards and mustaches at the games but at least I get back in.

...you WILL feel like you are boarding the Falcon, even though you enter through the docking ring and not the ramp.
I'm still trying to verify, when you leave, you will go down the ramp. Fingers crossed...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

...you WILL feel like you are boarding the Falcon, even though you enter through the docking ring and not the ramp.
I'm still trying to verify, when you leave, you will go down the ramp. Fingers crossed...
That's like going to the haunted mansion and entering through one of the crypt's and it leads you into the mansion instead of walking into the mansion itself. Its not the same experience. Going into the physical mansion sells the experience. Same with Indiana Jones Adventure. You need to walk through the temple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom