Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

MaximumEd

Not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, FW has been foundering for years and the powers that be have never been willing to roll the dice to bring it back to its former glory without outside corporate money. Even if they could have tried, maybe that ship has sailed. And on the other hand, nostalgia is a helluva drug. I’ll always feel fortunate to have visited in the mid 80’s. It was like nothing else on earth. I’ll miss it. SSE, The Land, and a badly crippled Imagination will be all that remains from the old days.

Haymarket2008

Also isn’t a new iteration of the Fountain of Nations coming? There was talk of having it travel down the spine to World Showcase and having it be used in the IllumiNations update.

TwilightZone

I think this news isn't too bad. A garden would be nice to have for some relaxation, even if it is a beer garden. It's better than the boring plain concrete that's there now.

As for moana, though, that idea is...interesting. I'm sure she will probably be just a meet n greet, which isn't too bad. If it's moana themed, then I am interested to see how they pull it off.

In conclusion, I am optimistic about this. None of the epcot news is really horrible or anything.

Surferboy567

Well, there's a random Wreck-it Ralph playground right now soon to be replaced by a random Toy Story theme (even though the "theme" is simply "a sign saying what the theme is").

If there is a Moana themed water feature, it's on the way to a Nemo themed aquarium.

Also, Future World is dead. Disney (or a corporate sponser) couldn't or didn't want to keep Communicore/Innoventions fresh, especially with how quickly all the cutting edge computer stuff became outdated. And so, that central plaza of Future World will become an extension of World Showcase. What's left of Future World will be that outer circle of pavilions that haven't been "updated".... yet.

I agree with what you are saying I originally was going to write up an essay on this but you summed it up here quite well. I for one am ok with these changes.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, FW has been foundering for years and the powers that be have never been willing to roll the dice to bring it back to its former glory without outside corporate money. Even if they could have tried, maybe that ship has sailed. And on the other hand, nostalgia is a helluva drug. I’ll always feel fortunate to have visited in the mid 80’s. It was like nothing else on earth. I’ll miss it. SSE, The Land, and a badly crippled Imagination will be all that remains from the old days.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

FrankLapidus

Well, there's a random Wreck-it Ralph playground right now soon to be replaced by a random Toy Story theme (even though the "theme" is simply "a sign saying what the theme is").

If there is a Moana themed water feature, it's on the way to a Nemo themed aquarium.

Also, Future World is dead. Disney (or a corporate sponser) couldn't or didn't want to keep Communicore/Innoventions fresh, especially with how quickly all the cutting edge computer stuff became outdated. And so, that central plaza of Future World will become an extension of World Showcase. What's left of Future World will be that outer circle of pavilions that haven't been "updated".... yet.

I agree, as I said Disney clearly are not beholden to maintaining any kind of thematic cohesion when it comes to this area of Epcot now so it doesn't really matter either way.

Sir_Cliff

I am kind of curious as to whether Disney has any concept themselves of what Future World is supposed to be after all of this is completed. For the moment, it seems like a very curious collection of attractions with little if anything linking them. I get that the theme almost has to change as neither corporate sponsors nor Disney seem to have any interest in the former model of FW, but I am struggling to see how Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission:Space, a Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster and Living with the Land, for example, are supposed to relate to one another once this is all completed.

Must say that I am less put off by the notion of almost permanent festivals at Epcot than most people. One thing WDW parks lack relative to DL is seasonal attractions, so Epcot as one park that always has something different going on during different times of the year doesn't seem too terrible to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom