News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2019

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The cheapest ticket remains at $99 as it was last year, although the highest price ticket goes up from $125 last year to $139 for this year.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The cheapest ticket remains at $99 as it was last year, although the highest price ticket goes up from $125 last year to $139 for this year.

Last year there where three November dates that were $95. It seems that a lot of the days that where $99 last year are now $109.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I believe this year’s party will have one less cricket.

Excellent... depending on the music. The current version is mostly just seasonal songs with a few carol licks thrown in. Which is OK and much better than the shrill pop versions of the songs at Halloween. Though, it is a bit dated with a 50's choral sound which sounds all mushy (musically) to me. I hope whoever did the music for HEA is doing the music for Halloween and Holidays.

ToTBellHop

Excellent... depending on the music. The current version is mostly just seasonal songs with a few carol licks thrown in. Which is OK and much better than the shrill pop versions of the songs at Halloween. Though, it is a bit dated with a 50's choral sound which sounds all mushy (musically) to me. I hope whoever did the music for HEA is doing the music for Halloween and Holidays.
I believe it’s the HEA team and not Davison. Disney is frantically working to add new entertainment offerings to non-DHS parks for obvious reasons this fall.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I've never been and thinking about it. How are the lines for the rides during this event?

Depends. They've been selling more and more tickets each year, so, it isn't very light in attendance any more. Then it depends on the crowd whether they're more interested in the rides or the Holiday events.

I will say this as a recommendation: If you're going because you want short lines to rides, be prepared to be disappointed. You could get lucky, or not. If not, there's no stance to complain, since it's not advertised as a short-wait-in-line event like After Hours is.

rhino4evr

Depends. They've been selling more and more tickets each year, so, it isn't very light in attendance any more. Then it depends on the crowd whether they're more interested in the rides or the Holiday events.

I will say this as a recommendation: If you're going because you want short lines to rides, be prepared to be disappointed. You could get lucky, or not. If not, there's no stance to complain, since it's not advertised as a short-wait-in-line event like After Hours is.

thanks, was thinking the Sunday before Thanksgiving...which I would imagine will be one of the busier days since a lot of people go to the parks that week. I'm not really that interested in the parades shows. To me I'd just like to not have to plan a Fast Pass schedule to enjoy my time.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
thanks, was thinking the Sunday before Thanksgiving...which I would imagine will be one of the busier days since a lot of people go to the parks that week. I'm not really that interested in the parades shows. To me I'd just like to not have to plan a Fast Pass schedule to enjoy my time.

Well, there are no FPs available during the event, and so the lines generally feel less of a wait because they keep moving.

The Holiday event has a very good parade and it will now seem to have a new really good fireworks show. The stage show is OK, but little kids should enjoy it since it features all the Fantasyland characters and Toy Story.

During mid-December, the Holiday event is less crowded than the non-even nights because everyone who didn't get a ticket is now funneled to those non-event nights.

For the before-Thanskgiving events, they should be the least crowded nights for the event with the exception of the first one of the year, which usually sells out (because there are thousands and thousands of vloggers!!!!1!1!*).

*Actually, it's all the local APers

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I've never been because I want to live but is the show that bad?

I've only seen it on video. Their choice of Americana songs includes
  • a song that was originally very racist (Oh Sussanah) and a whitewashed version of a negro spiritual (She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain);
  • a laughably fast version of My Country;
  • gimmicky and wacky arrangements;
  • and a incomprehensible omission of much better choices such as anything by Copland.

ToTBellHop

I've only seen it on video. Their choice of Americana songs includes
  • a song that was originally very racist (Oh Sussanah) and a whitewashed version of a negro spiritual (She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain);
  • a laughably fast version of My Country;
  • gimmicky and wacky arrangements;
  • and a incomprehensible omission of much better choices such as anything by Copland.
Any new show would likely feature:
  • pop theme song performed by the winner and runner-up of last year's American Idol
  • Part of your World
  • Can't Wait to Be King
  • A Whole New World
  • Be Our Guest
  • Star-Spangled Banner instrumental that blends into When You Wish Upon a Star that blends into pop theme song finale
  • guests walk out to pop theme song and reminders that it is unsafe to head to the bus loop and guests should instead enjoy park amenities like the Hall of Presidents and Country Bear Jamboree

ToTBellHop

How busy do you think the last night of the party would be?
Final party last year right before the 536th performance of Holiday Wishes:
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom