The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

We made some for ourselves for our 2016 trip. I can't find a picture of the ones for that trip, except the ones of DD wearing hers.
View attachment 361866

And here are some other ones we made
View attachment 361867

Sorry...it's a bit dark. But you get the idea. The ones we made for Disney were more bright pink and the charms on the side were like a daisy, and a heart. But you can definitely make the charms and colors reflect specific characters. Maybe dark blue with a bear charm for Merida, aqua with a seashell for Ariel, light blue with a shoe for Cinderella, Yellow with a rose for Belle.
I love this! I may steal this idea using it as little gifts for dd’s cheer team at their final season competition.

Rista1313

So... I've been watching the dining closer this week because of spring break... just to see if "winging it" is still an option... the only thing available to dinner tomorrow night for a party of 2 is beaches and cream. I also tried for tonight... at first it said there was nothing available and then I tried again and a small list came up. Dunno if the system is glitching, or if it's really THAT busy! I guess it is a run weekend too... could be!

eta: seems it's gliching.. when I picked 6pm instead of "dinner" more options came open for tomorrow.

MySmallWorldof4

So... I've been watching the dining closer this week because of spring break... just to see if "winging it" is still an option... the only thing available to dinner tomorrow night for a party of 2 is beaches and cream. I also tried for tonight... at first it said there was nothing available and then I tried again and a small list came up. Dunno if the system is glitching, or if it's really THAT busy! I guess it is a run weekend too... could be!

eta: seems it's gliching.. when I picked 6pm instead of "dinner" more options came open for tomorrow.
I cannot find a dinner time for Sci-Fi for our trip. That was the only ine I wanted to make. Hoping there will be cancellations as we get closer.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh boy....yes, my DH was one of those "It's a family vacation, we have to do everything together." people on our last Disney trip. I tried to get him to do RnR, SM, etc, but he didn't want to go without us. I think we've successfully cured him of that one. It's just not realistic...you won't get to do anything if you all have to agree on what you are going to ride, where to eat, etc. And I think he kind of humored me the last time with my research and list making. We got to the parks and he didn't want to stick to the plan...everyone was tired and cranky because DS was scared to do any of the rides and DH was determined that he was going to have to do them without complaining because he wanted to enjoy it. Once he let go and said...ok....you don't have to ride if you don't want to, and we'll take a nap every afternoon, it went so much smoother. I think this trip will be better because he has learned so much about how DS thinks and what he needs....his expectations are more realistic and he's more patient.
Our strategie for tomorrow is to rope drop the park and that DH will head straight for the big coasters before they get busy, while I will take the kids to Symbolica before the line gets long. Once we've done those things, we're a bit more flexible. But....progress already....DH agreed to splitting up.
Don't forget to pack your frying pan just in case;)

donaldtoo

Happy 6 months Emy!!
I love the quotes from the wedding, especially the don’t choose a side one.

In regards to both, thank you so much!!! :)

I can’t believe it’s already been 6 months since our little angel was born into our lives...!!!!! :inlove:

And, their wedding day was one of the best days EVER...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Everything went sooo beautifully...!!!!! :happy:

Also, and this is probably just my silly ol’ Pappy mind at work, but, although not nearly identical, these 2 images just seem to have a smilar vibe.......to me anyway...!? :rolleyes:;):)

Cesar R M

Theme park food. Pannekoeken = pancakes, but Dutch pancakes are a bit thinner than American ones...more like thick crepes. And unlike American pancake houses like Villiage Inn or Perkins, Dutch pancake restaurants only serve pancakes. And you get one pancake with your choice of topping or whatever. So you get one pancake with apples and raisins mixed in, or one pancake with a couple slices of bacon....and you pay around 10 bucks for said pancake.
Kroketten are a fried snack..in the US, you would have things like mozzarella sticks, onion rings, corn dogs....here, you have Frikandel, which is a long sausage thing
View attachment 361859

kaas soufle, which is a breaded cheese thing, but more melty
View attachment 361860

and kroketten, which are a breaded meat paste.

View attachment 361861

Kipcorn, which is like a long chicken nugget stick
View attachment 361862

And of course fries. I don't like kroket or frikandel, and neither does DD. DS likes frikandel, but not kaassouffle or kroket or kipcorn. DH will eat about anything.

But you can usually either order these things at a counter, like QS, or you get get it from a sort of vending machine wall.

View attachment 361863
I never imagined most dutch food was either fried stuff or pastry with stuff inside. (or this is just for theme park stuff?)
That sausage doesn't.. exactly look very.. appetizing for its looks..

In the other hand.. the kroketten, kipcorn and kaas soufle look good. XD

Cesar R M

I can’t believe it’s already been 6 months since our little angel was born into our lives...!!!!! :inlove:

Also, and this is probably just my silly ol’ Pappy mind at work, but, although not nearly identical, these 2 images just seem to have a smilar vibe.......to me anyway...!? :rolleyes:;):)

View attachment 361923View attachment 361924
gerber's face is a bit rounder and mouth is smaller.. but the general face is very similar.

wdwfan4ver

To me, the hardest part would be coming up with appropriate names for chicken pets. ;)

I had a cat once as a kid, and as an adult, I've had 2 dogs. But, no chickens. :D
Chickens have been called Pete.

One my aunt's kept calling the chickens Pete when she was growing up, but those chickens were not pets. There were over nine chickens named Pete based on what I was told :jawdrop::joyfull:.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 361923View attachment 361924
The expression is definitely similar.

donaldtoo

Regarding the whole college/no college discussion, I can only relate my own personal 40+ years ago experience forward vs. present times...

The HS I went to was the only HS in the district at the time and also had the only area vocational school...meaning other districts students were bussed (or drove) to our HS for vocational classes.
I’ve posted about much of this before, including my art teacher (“Mad Miller” ;)) losing it when I announced to her that I wouldn’t be taking art again my junior year, and would be enrolling in vocational drafting class instead, as I wanted to be an architect.
There were 2 3-hour classes each day, and I was in the morning class my junior and senior years.
It was set up to be a learning environment, but, also a kinda’ job environment...we were allowed to have soft drinks, coffee, music, and someone went to get Round Rock Donuts every morning...!!!!! :hungry::hilarious:;):)
Drafting and design was the only thing our teacher taught. He also did drafting and design on the side. So many schools back then had a drafting class, but, it was usually only an hour long, and taught by maybe an assistant football coach with limited knowledge, to fill out his teaching schedule.
As a result, we used to go to district, area, and state competitions and just clean house. Not bragging, just the way our system worked at the time, and an awesome teacher who was dedicated to his craft and us in every way.
From the middle of my junior year, many of our projects were actually drafting construction documents for a local builder to earn money to pay for those competition trips. And, we were payed fairly...no slave labor, plus we were getting serious real-world experience.
I liked to render my projects in ink instead of pencil, as most did. 3 months before I graduated from HS ( I was 17), my drafting teacher got a phone call from a local architect that wanted to know if he had a student he could recommend to ink brochures after school in the evenings. He recommended me, told me I had an interview if I wanted it, I interviewed the next evening, and was hired on the spot.
When summer rolled around and I graduated from HS, they offered me a full-time drafting position, and I jumped on it. Most of my friends were either off to college, or still working fast food, retail, etc. jobs.
I did interview at the UT school of architecture, and things looked promising, but, ultimately, I decided full-blown college wasn’t for me, and what my goals were. Even the partners at that first firm told me I had skills they were just learning in their 4th year of architecture school in college, and there would be no point in me bothering with it...and they payed me accordingly, in a good way.
I’ve gone through 2 layoffs and 5 firms over the last 39+ years, but, have been with my present firm for a combined 26+ years.
Bottom line is, as a result of the particular path I was able to take, I have continued to keep up with the times in my career, and am still very skilled in old school methods.
Whether a partner needs it designed, CAD’d up, 3-D modeled, old school rough sketched, old school presentation sketched, old school drafted, etc., they know I can do it. None of the younger folks, as awesome as they are (and I truly mean they are awesome and truly enjoy working with them, as we all learn from each other) have any of the old school skills. My multiple creative and technical skills are what make me valuable to them, and that is a result of me never, ever, refusing to learn new tech and skills.
26+ years of employment by the firm is testament to that.
Half of the employees in our firm are from our kiddos generation, and are extremely intelligent and very hard workers...the partners definitely wouldn’t keep them around if they weren’t, as they demand excellence. But, as y’all have also all seen before, the partners are still a great-fun group of guys to work for.

Finally...
It is, unfortunately, very rare that anyone can do it the way I started off 40+ years ago, these days.
Get the sheep skin.
Seeking a higher education is a noble thing, but (yes, a big but), some of it seems to have devolved into a business...milk as many people as you can, for as much money as you can, for as many years as you can.
And, too many times, people are in debt up to their necks, and never achieved anywhere near what they dreamed of.
Again, people are responsible for their own dreams and achievement of those dreams, but, others are led down the primrose promise path wearing rose-colored glasses.
People really just need to use their minds instead of emotions when making decisions and pursuing such important life decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom