News PHOTO - Bo Peep from Toy Story 4 coming to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

JessieLightyear

Unless it's part of the movie promotion then she could easily be 'extra'. But once the parks have to start paying ... watch another character get cut. It's what they do.

That's what I want to know - is this a limited summer thing? Will she have her own spot and things will remain the same - like when Lotso was added back with TS3? Or is it permanent? (As permanent as any character can be.) If they were FAIR they'd put Jessie with Buzz, and Bo with Woody, but you know... might as well cut one girl for another. :rolleyes: Can't have FOUR characters in one land when they have a new movie out, or anything...

Last edited:

Kman101

It's a shame they didn't have a dedicated M&G area planned like they did for Pixar Place..

Lots of mistakes in the land. While it's nice to see Buzz, Woody and Jessie in the land itself, it would have been better to at least have a covered meet and greet outdoors (indoor with ac is of course, better, but I do like seeing them IN the land) ... and even Paris and I think Hong Kong both have a barrel of monkey thing for meet and greets ... yet there's never-ending queue space for TSM (mistake to not have Potato Head in the outdoor queue, would add a lot, IMO). One OUTDOOR quick service restaurant with two registers. No Toy Barn ... where's the interactivity for kids?

Lots of missed opportunities :(

JessieLightyear

Lots of mistakes in the land. While it's nice to see Buzz, Woody and Jessie in the land itself, it would have been better to at least have a covered meet and greet outdoors (indoor with ac is of course, better, but I do like seeing them IN the land) ... and even Paris and I think Hong Kong both have a barrel of monkey thing for meet and greets ... yet there's never-ending queue space for TSM (mistake to not have Potato Head in the outdoor queue, would add a lot, IMO). One OUTDOOR quick service restaurant with two registers. No Toy Barn ... where's the interactivity for kids?

Lots of missed opportunities :(

As a huge Toy Story fan, I've always defended the land, because I wanted to see it happen - and I do appreciate the creative details they added, like the artwork and such. The rides are fun, and I love visiting ALL the characters (who always have long lines). I enjoy being there - later in the day, when the crowds who just came for Slinky start to die down. But yeah. Why didn't we even get the shaded barrel thing for a M&G? And no real shop? And we like the food at Woody's Lunchbox, but can never find a table to actually EAT at, because of all the people just hanging out. How amazing could an indoor restaurant and shop have been?

Kman101

As a huge Toy Story fan, I've always defended the land, because I wanted to see it happen - and I do appreciate the creative details they added, like the artwork and such. The rides are fun, and I love visiting ALL the characters (who always have long lines). I enjoy being there - later in the day, when the crowds who just came for Slinky start to die down. But yeah. Why didn't we even get the shaded barrel thing for a M&G? And no real shop? And we like the food at Woody's Lunchbox, but can never find a table to actually EAT at, because of all the people just hanging out. How amazing could an indoor restaurant and shop have been?

I like what's there too. More than I thought I would, and I love Toy Story. But so many things were likely budget cut and it's a shame.

I was really looking forward to seeing the Roundup area too, just because it was different than the other Playlands. But at least Shanghai got it and Al's Toy Barn. It's like they cherry picked things from a more thought out TSL and moved them to Shanghai and Pixar Pier. IMO ...

EDIT: Anyway, to stay more on-topic ... will be nice to see Bo Peep out! Something different. It's nice. I do wonder if it's promotion and whether she'll stick around or again become "rare" ...

JessieLightyear

I like what's there too. More than I thought I would, and I love Toy Story. But so many things were likely budget cut and it's a shame.

I was really looking forward to seeing the Roundup area too, just because it was different than the other Playlands. But at least Shanghai got it and Al's Toy Barn. It's like they cherry picked things from a more thought out TSL and moved them to Shanghai and Pixar Pier. IMO ...
I've got a Disneyland trip planned for this fall, and am really excited to see Pixar Pier. But yeah. Shanghai got the stuff that would have come to WDW, I think, had there not been so many cutbacks.

JessieLightyear

EDIT: Anyway, to stay more on-topic ... will be nice to see Bo Peep out! Something different. It's nice. I do wonder if it's promotion and whether she'll stick around or again become "rare" ...

I know... I'd like to be excited about this, instead of worrying what we'll lose to get it. I am really curious to see how they do her new look, with so much exposed "skin" (porcelain) and making her fit with the existing characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom