News PHOTO - Bo Peep from Toy Story 4 coming to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

JessieLightyear

Likely, yes. Unless the movie makes her really, really, popular. In that case it'll take one to two years of absence before the money is found to bring her back (cf. Inside Out).

That's good - well, not good, because it would be nice for all four to be there indefinitely, but at least they might be for the summer. My concern is that it doesn't look like Jessie and even Buzz have as big a role in the movie, which would make one of them vulnerable for replacement if Bo is a hit. But I doubt that most of the people who make the character decisions really pay that close attention to what actually happens in the films.

disnyfan89

I was really looking forward to seeing the Roundup area too, just because it was different than the other Playlands. But at least Shanghai got it and Al's Toy Barn. It's like they cherry picked things from a more thought out TSL and moved them to Shanghai and Pixar Pier. IMO ...

DHS was never going to have the roundup area. It was in the original concept art as an artist interpretation but was never part of the plan.

mm52200

What's weird is that Flora, Fauna and Merryweather are face characters at Disneyland starting in the 2000's and recently Disneyland Paris while they aren't at WDW.

Currently the only Disney Park where the Fairy Godmother remains molded plastic is at Tokyo Disneyland and the other Asian Parks.

Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather are also currently face at WDW too in FoF.

tallica

It's a shame they didn't have a dedicated M&G area planned like they did for Pixar Place..
just reminds me how halfarsed the land is.......it could have been, should have been, so much more:( I think cutting the budget was very shortsighted of Disney. You would think if it is going to be around for the next 20+ years you might want to get it right the first time. Does DCA ring a bell. Especially with a IP as popular and beloved as Toy Story. Invest a little more upfront and reap the rewards for decades. Just think how many kids of all ages would love to eat at a proper Pizza Planet that is in an actual Toy Story Land.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

just reminds me how halfarsed the land is.......it could have been, should have been, so much more:( I think cutting the budget was very shortsighted of Disney. You would think if it is going to be around for the next 20+ years you might want to get it right the first time. Does DCA ring a bell. Especially with a IP as popular and beloved as Toy Story. Invest a little more upfront and reap the rewards for decades. Just think how many kids of all ages would love to eat at a proper Pizza Planet that is in an actual Toy Story Land.
This reminds me of a reverse version of New Fantasyland...The original concept was to be more M&G driven. Up until they plopped down a huge Mine coaster in it's place...

JessieLightyear

Someone told me (they said their info was coming from a "very reliable source" - I know, hearsay, so please don't come after me for asking) that Jessie is in fact being cut for Bo in Toy Story Land. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is true, and if true, if it's permanent or just for the run of the movie this summer?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone told me (they said their info was coming from a "very reliable source" - I know, hearsay, so please don't come after me for asking) that Jessie is in fact being cut for Bo in Toy Story Land. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is true, and if true, if it's permanent or just for the run of the movie this summer?

With Jessie having such a big role in TSL, I can't see the switchout being permanent.

At least they're not firing someone since I'm supposing the same CM will just be wearing a different costume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom