Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

TBrass84

whispers can and should be trusted when they are shared by certain individuals, especially marni.
I was just saying that some are freaking out about the whispers. Don't forget there were posts in December for SWGE in which he stated there was an opening window, but that it had "slipped" to a later time, and then not too terribly long after that we get word it's actually opening sooner than what was ever expected.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I was just saying that some are freaking out about the whispers. Don't forget there were posts in December for SWGE in which he stated there was an opening window, but that it had "slipped" to a later time, and then not too terribly long after that we get word it's actually opening sooner than what was ever expected.

That scenario covers two attractions and a new land expected to open all together. His info was still good, but Disney found a work around to cheat the opening date. RotR is still opening later, which is the headline attraction. Only reason the land is “opening” when it is, is because Disney needs a “draw” to help attendance on both costs this summer. Too many people waiting until late in the year to visit this year.

ToTBellHop

That’s a tad unfair. They are trying out an atypical opening here.

Movielover

And again, I’m ONLY saying that a whisper is no reason to freak out, as at this point

Meanwhile, the majority of the WDWMagic members...

giphy.gif

9usRyq.gif

rzz8_H.gif

giphy.gif

Casper Gutman

And again, I’m ONLY saying that a whisper is no reason to freak out, as at this point, almost anything could happen.
So when is the whole of SWGE opening, complete with headline attraction?

Trust Marni. And if you can’t trust Marni, trust the fact that Disney has been almost mute about an E-ticket that was supposed to open in a few months. It was pretty clear after the SWGE announcements omitted any mention of it that something was up with MMRR.

TBrass84

So when is the whole of SWGE opening, complete with headline attraction?

Trust Marni. And if you can’t trust Marni, trust the fact that Disney has been almost mute about an E-ticket that was supposed to open in a few months. It was pretty clear after the SWGE announcements omitted any mention of it that something was up with MMRR.
Again. My ONLY POINT was there’s no reason to freak out. Also, why would they mention MMRR in the SWGE announcements?

DisneyOutsider

I'm just saying there weren't really any whispers about SWGE opening up as early as it did, yet it happened, so sometimes whispers can't be trusted so much, so we shouldn't all turn Chicken Little because of a whisper stating that an attraction with no opening date will open later than the non-listed opening date.

Do whatever the heck you want with the info... we don't care. You don't have to make a proclamation that that this info isn't an official Disney Parks Blog post... we know.

TBrass84

Do you know what would be awesome? If this thread could be about the status of MMRR, instead of someone being snarky about the person/persons who are actually willing and able to provide what information they can.
I didn't say anything until someone asked the question if it would be open by Thanksgiving, and I simply said it was just whispers, so no need to get concerned yet. Which is especially true for a date as late as Thanksgiving. I then instantly started getting attacked for not trusting Marni. I since just repeated, that it wasn't about trust or not trust, just that sometimes the information is good, sometimes it isn't, so it isn't worth getting bent out of shape over. And I repeated it after other people went snarky on me. This will be my last post on the issue, I just felt like I needed to defend myself after the last two posts. When DisneyOutsider says do whatever the heck you want with the info...we don't care. Again, if you don't care, then the only reason to write the post is to basically attack. But, I'm done. I just said do not panic, and that's it.

ToTBellHop

I didn't say anything until someone asked the question if it would be open by Thanksgiving, and I simply said it was just whispers, so no need to get concerned yet. Which is especially true for a date as late as Thanksgiving. I then instantly started getting attacked for not trusting Marni. I since just repeated, that it wasn't about trust or not trust, just that sometimes the information is good, sometimes it isn't, so it isn't worth getting bent out of shape over. And I repeated it after other people went snarky on me. This will be my last post on the issue, I just felt like I needed to defend myself after the last two posts. When DisneyOutsider says do whatever the heck you want with the info...we don't care. Again, if you don't care, then the only reason to write the post is to basically attack. But, I'm done. I just said do not panic, and that's it.
I just flipped Lightning McQueen over. Don't tell me I can't panic. Cruz is next if we don't get some freakin' concrete news from the company by 2 pm. People need answers! There are Fastpasses to be made 60+10 days out and dining reservations to make 180+10 days out. People could die waiting for this ride.

Someone's grandmother literally just died without getting to ride MMRR.

Did you ever think about someone's grandmother? No, because you only think about yourself. I'm done with all the nonsense here. I'm gonna go obsess over that crane hitting the Oasis of the Seas which is ALL OVER Cruise Critic. Someone's grandmother is booked on that ship ON SUNDAY.

Update: Millie is no longer going on the Oasis.

Last edited:

Kman101

I'd love this. I'd rather see them add BatB from Tokyo than replace ETwB with it if they could. For one, ETwB is charming for what it is - not my thing, but I know plenty of people who absolutely love it. Second, it's always better to add capacity than to replace existing capacity.

They don't need to replace anything at this point, lol, the goal should be to keep the meet and greet (not my favorite, but it has it's place and it's unique for a meet and greet) and EXPAND.

Why on earth we didn't get a Beauty and the Beast ride in the LAND they created for it was a mistake. But hey, a meet and greet is cheaper (again, a ride probably wasn't even on the table, but let's not pretend NFL didn't go through a few iterations, and some we probably didn't even hear about). I appreciate the coaster and mermaid, but both could have been done a little bit better as well ... (I know you will probably disagree; what's there is good, never any harm in wishing it were better)

Kman101

That’s a tad unfair. They are trying out an atypical opening here.

It's basically a marketed soft opening, without the dark ride ...

And not sure why folks keep panicking over M&MRR ... just because a date hasn't been announced ... do people forget May 1st is the park's 30th anniversary? (Maybe you know, standing in front of the theater, they, you know, say something ...)

The opening date could easily be published on the Disney Blog ... we're still a ways off from August 29th everyone ;)

I feel like they've learned a lesson or two not announcing dates so far ahead of time anymore. It's basically an info drop and here ya go, a few months out.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

It's basically a marketed soft opening, without the dark ride ...

And not sure why folks keep panicking over M&MRR ... just because a date hasn't been announced ... do people forget May 1st is the park's 30th anniversary? (Maybe you know, standing in front of the theater, they, you know, say something ...)

The opening date could easily be published on the Disney Blog ... we're still a ways off from August 29th everyone ;)

I feel like they've learned a lesson or two not announcing dates so far ahead of time anymore. It's basically an info drop and here ya go, a few months out.
We are freaking out because I, personally, and many others have been forced to wait 90+ years for a Mickey ride! I remember harassing Walt during a shareholder's call in 1959 demanding to know when he'd build a Mickey ride. All he said was, "we are building rides and things." Ugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom