Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

ThistleMae

And almost every post you have made is a logical fallacy. Either Ad Hominem attacks (this is where you attack the person on the other side of the argument, instead of countering the argument with facts), strawmen (building an argument that is easily defended but not relevant to the point raised by your "sparring partner") or other minor fallacies
Touche'

PorterRedkey

And almost every post you have made is a logical fallacy. Either Ad Hominem attacks (this is where you attack the person on the other side of the argument, instead of countering the argument with facts), strawmen (building an argument that is easily defended but not relevant to the point raised by your "sparring partner") or other minor fallacies
I stated I didn't like his post by posting "No". He thought I wanted to debate him, I did not. I am too busy to go down that rabbit hole.

I see you are new to the boards - Welcome! Because you're new, I realize you don't know the person I spoke of, but he is infamous here for doing the things I stated. If you or anyone would like to debate me, taking his positions, I would be happy to debate you. I don't debate to prove I'm right, I do it to learn and gain perspective.

Also, I didn't "attack him. Let's look at the posts and you can judge for yourself.
Everyone mourning the loss of GMR, has to try and gasp the idea that no one was wanting to ride it anymore. It was down to half capacity almost all the time for the last few years. As far as capacity goes.. even if it could handle 10000 people an hour and only 200 were riding it, the capacity numbers are useless. The only people that it would help with concerning SWL would be if people had FP and could afford to spend time at other attractions, however, when that place opens up without FP at all, no one will be able to leave the line to go to those other attractions without losing their place in line. They are not going to budge from that spot so 47 different attractions with high capacity are not going to draw them away. They will only be looking for something else after they have finally applied for Social Security due to the time spent in line and experienced what SWL has to offer before they venture back out into the park. If they didn't like GMR before they are not going to like it any better now, so without something new in the other parts, they will just leave the park. If there is something new there to see, they will stay.
Hmmm... No.

Oh, well, that's different then. Thank for enlightening me. How could I have possibly thought that way. I am indeed humbled.
I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. I just wanted to state my how I felt about your post.

You can think whatever you want, but it is also my right to disagree with your thoughts when you post them in a public forum.

Enjoy your day.

Funny thing.... This will surprise you, but, unless you explain why, then your snot comment about how wrong I am is nothing but a bunch of words. They mean nothing to me at all. Never said you couldn't disagree, but, it's meaningless if stated by itself without a counterpoint.

Everything on here is a bunch a words.

I would debate you but I think I would have better luck debating with a tree.

I wasted too much time on your silly post anyways. I hope you have a great rest of your day. 🙂

This is what happens when there is no MMRR news. 😕

If anyone else has a problem with me or my post can you please PM me, so all this garbage doesn't derail this thread?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Welcome to WDWMagic.

Scrooged

I stated I didn't like his post by posting "No". He thought I wanted to debate him, I did not. I am too busy to go down that rabbit hole.

I see you are new to the boards - Welcome! Because you're new, I realize you don't know the person I spoke of, but he is infamous here for doing the things I stated. If you or anyone would like to debate me, taking his positions, I would be happy to debate you. I don't debate to prove I'm right, I do it to learn and gain perspective.

Also, I didn't "attack him. Let's look at the posts and you can judge for yourself.

This is what happens when there is no MMRR news. 😕

If anyone else has a problem with me or my post can you please PM me, so all this garbage doesn't derail this thread?
It seems that you’ve been taking a lot of time defending yourself by saying you don’t want to take the time to argue yet you’re taking the time to argue about arguing your defense about not arguing.

Bleed0range

I know there’s a lot of people who wanted the GMR to stay, but I honestly think this attraction is going to be better. Cool use of technology, cool new song, usage of Minnie and Mickey and on top of that a more fitting use of the theater facade as the main symbol of the park.

I think it’s fantastic and a better fit than GMR in today’s version of the park.

My only issue is with them cloning it because I was hoping to see this be a unique main fixture to HS.

EPCOTCenterLover

Disney doesn't close things that people like. Kilimanjaro Safaris is the most expensive ride to operate and it also takes up an absurd amount of real estate. It also has the highest "excellent" rating among all rides, so it's not going anywhere.
I don’t know if you mean that’s always true, but then 20k and original Imagination would still be open today.

ToTBellHop

I don’t know if you mean that’s always true, but then 20k and original Imagination would still be open today.
It’s more complex than any one issue. Guest satisfaction, cost to operate, and cost to maintain/update all factor. And if it is considered for removal, they consider whether a replacement is necessary and if so, replacement cost.

That final factor has kept Primeval Whirl while Stitch left.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s more complex than any one issue. Guest satisfaction, cost to operate, and cost to maintain/update all factor. And if it is considered for removal, they consider whether a replacement is necessary and if so, replacement cost.

That final factor has kept Primeval Whirl while Stitch left.

I'm sure they also weigh:
  1. the attractiveness to guests of a complete refurb compared to a brand new ride
  2. whether they have a brand new ride they want to use
  3. whether they can get brand synergy out of the old version v. the new

Given all that, it's surprising the SSE will not become a brand new ride.

Mike S

I'm sure they also weigh:
  1. the attractiveness to guests of a complete refurb compared to a brand new ride
  2. whether they have a brand new ride they want to use
  3. whether they can get brand synergy out of the old version v. the new
Given all that, it's surprising the SSE will not become a brand new ride.
They already tried turning SSE into a brand new ride then realized how costly it would be to remove the current ride system that’s built heavily into the entire structure. If it has to stay a slow ride like it is might as well just keep the theme and just update it. It’s front and center presence will ensure healthy ridership anyway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They already tried turning SSE into a brand new ride then realized how costly it would be to remove the current ride system that’s built heavily into the entire structure. If it has to stay a slow ride like it is might as well just keep the theme and just update it. It’s front and center presence will ensure healthy ridership anyway.

They could still turn the dioramas into Donald Duck learning the history of communication.

And still being unintelligible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom