Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

ToTBellHop

I'm just worried that Mickey made all these promises and instead
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

We're all Liv Tyler right now. Mickey said he’d be there for us when SWGE is closed to capacity and now he’s breaking that promise!

Last edited:

Surferboy567

We are freaking out because I, personally, and many others have been forced to wait 90+ years for a Mickey ride! I remember harassing Walt during a shareholder's call in 1959 demanding to know when he'd build a Mickey ride. All he said was, "we are building rides and things." Ugh.

This exactly...I'm not freaking out about it (I am a little concerned we haven't heard anything though). It's more because I'm hyped for this attraction it has the potential to be something special (not a galaxy's edge level thing or anything but a nice attraction) given those really good new shorts.

Kman101

I'm looking forward to it as well. I greatly miss GMR. I loved that attraction a lot. And I do think it should have gone elsewhere. But I'm still looking forward to it. I get wanting a date but have we heard anyone on here say it was delayed? I mean, they don't seem to mind opening a major land with one attraction for a few months ... lol. Not saying it's the right choice. I'd hope MMRR opens before the land does. Just because a date hasn't been announced yet also doesn't mean it won't ... but we haven't heard a lot about this lately. I guess I can understand some of the concern wanting a date.

And I think it's no coincidence they start Food and Wine the same day they open Galaxy's Edge ...

Announcing a date for a major new land is slightly different than announcing the date for this. I'm sure it'll pop up soon. Galaxy's Edge opening date gets them major buzz. Mickey is the main man, but he wouldn't get the coverage GE did and does ... you'd never even know a Mickey ride was opening half of the time ... I do think it should be pushed and promoted a little bit more considering it's opening this year ...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm looking forward to it as well. I greatly miss GMR. I loved that attraction a lot. And I do think it should have gone elsewhere. But I'm still looking forward to it. I get wanting a date but have we heard anyone on here say it was delayed? I mean, they don't seem to mind opening a major land with one attraction for a few months ... lol. Not saying it's the right choice. I'd hope MMRR opens before the land does. Just because a date hasn't been announced yet also doesn't mean it won't ... but we haven't heard a lot about this lately. I guess I can understand some of the concern wanting a date.

And I think it's no coincidence they start Food and Wine the same day they open Galaxy's Edge ...

Announcing a date for a major new land is slightly different than announcing the date for this. I'm sure it'll pop up soon. Galaxy's Edge opening date gets them major buzz. Mickey is the main man, but he wouldn't get the coverage GE did and does ... you'd never even know a Mickey ride was opening half of the time ... I do think it should be pushed and promoted a little bit more considering it's opening this year ...
Maybe they don’t have a date at the moment? Just a thought.

ThistleMae

I guess I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard more. SWGE is what's getting the most hype, and it seems MMRR has been swept under the rug, whereas normally, it would be a bigger deal. But...all of this keeps us excited to hear the news...which is part of the whole experience. And regarding planning....I've never been on a vacation that needed as much pre-planning as Disney Trip. I really don't know how anyone who doesn't plan, can even do it. I still know folks that just pick a time frame and go...not knowing anything about FP+ or dinning reservations.

LuvWDW2

Hmmm... perhaps it could be that trips to WDW now require so much advance planning that knowing a ride opening date matters? ADRs at 180 days, FP+ at 60 days, party tickets for sale 6 months in advance, room discounts 6-9 months out.

Are people really planning a trip just for opening day of this ride? (No snark, sincere question).

Epcot_Imagineer

Link please.
There’s whispers that this attraction could be quite delayed. Was an official date ever released?
No April fool.

Martin's post from 4 pages ago saying how the attraction will could be quite delayed. The next couple pages are filled with people wondering when the actual opening date of the attraction was supposed to be, with everyone coming to the consensus that Disney had said Fall 2019.

jt04

Martin's post from 4 pages ago saying how the attraction will could be quite delayed. The next couple pages are filled with people wondering when the actual opening date of the attraction was supposed to be, with everyone coming to the consensus that Disney had said Fall 2019.

Yep.

The Pho

Are people really planning a trip just for opening day of this ride? (No snark, sincere question).
Maybe not opening day but for a lot of people that don’t go often, they may want to plan around the most new things they can get. Since there is no real indication of when, all they can do currently is guess and hope, or try to push back a trip. There being no real info at all isn’t helpful to somebody that is looking forward to it. Even the annual trip people may be upset if they wind up missing it by a day or two when they could’ve shifted had they known.

For myself, I’m definitely waiting on an opening day so I can try to head down either for a preview or sometime around open, which depending on timing could be primarily for this one ride. Actual opening day isn’t important for this one, unlike Star Wars, but I would like to be there relatively close to open. I really want to see what they replaced one of my favorite rides with.

LuvWDW2

Makes sense. But since we’ve never had an actual opening day, why the angst suddenly? Because people assumed it would open early?

When did they announce the official opening date of TSL? And weren’t FP less than 60 days?

The Pho

People made assumptions based on the only info floating around, which wasn’t official, that are looking like could be wrong. Same reason a lot of people that were trying to avoid Star Wars got upset when it was announced to open earlier than what was generally expected. They gambled their trip dates and didn’t get what they had planned for.

jaxj21

Makes sense. But since we’ve never had an actual opening day, why the angst suddenly? Because people assumed it would open early?

When did they announce the official opening date of TSL? And weren’t FP less than 60 days?

February 16, well in advance of the June 30 opening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom