Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

peep

InsideEars meets in the next couple of weeks, for its second gathering, I would expect more details to come out then. Especially the Marvel stuff.

Yeah I've seen a few of those invited discussing this online, seems like the consensous is that'll we'll have more info on the Marvel additions. Hopefully we'll get a few more images and maybe a few more hints about the other parts of the expansion.

FYI the event takes place on the evening of the 12th April.

Trekkie101

I think it's more to do with Disney need to file permits which gives the game away somewhat in France.

Yeah I've seen a few of those invited discussing this online, seems like the consensous is that'll we'll have more info on the Marvel additions. Hopefully we'll get a few more images and maybe a few more hints about the other parts of the expansion.

FYI the event takes place on the evening of the 12th April.

I'll be live covering it on the night. I'll tweet live and recap here as quick as possible. It's three hours long so there's a good amount in it.

peep

I'll be live covering it on the night. I'll tweet live and recap here as quick as possible. It's three hours long so there's a good amount in it.

Jealous! Just been reading up on the ed92 forums, their main insider seems to suggest a lot is being announced over a few days next week but mainly at the event. Exciting times, will be glued to Twitter that evening.

robertm22

Jealous! Just been reading up on the ed92 forums, their main insider seems to suggest a lot is being announced over a few days next week but mainly at the event. Exciting times, will be glued to Twitter that evening.
Wow! It seems like we’re finally getting more news, after a veery long year and 2 months since they announced the expansion. :)

fradz

We'll have news about WDSP during that evening, don't worry. Also some news for DLP, but I expect less. I'll see what my friends can reveal from their side

(Tomorrow I'm invited by the other big park in Paris, which is always interesting haha. )

Thebolt

I hope That Paris should have Pandora world of avatar but with new rides, so it can boosts attendance.l and it can be unique only to paris.

Pandora in Paris would need to be inside a bio-dome like the Eden Project in the UK to work.
Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen all make more sense for attracting more paying customers to DLP.

Trekkie101

What we're looking at currently from only Disney released art/pics/info.

WDS
  1. Entrance upgrade, including new entry routes flanking Studio 1
  2. Likely a small upgrade to flow / food inside Studio 1 (maybe a more permanent stage inside)
  3. Art of Animation changed out/upgraded
  4. Improvements to cars area (minor)
  5. Alien Saucers are definitely in the image... + new Toy Story Land entrance
  6. New 'Main Street' to Lake
  7. Food / retail booths on way to lake
  8. Restaurant at entrance to lake?
  9. Lake
  10. Watershow - three fountain images, potentially a form of Fantasmic or WOC?
  11. Boat Ride
  12. Looks like a parade
  13. Show viewing locations or lake stages
  14. Frozen Castle
  15. Frozen Mountain
  16. Frozen land
  17. Potentially a theatre next to frozen?
  18. Star Wars land
  19. Upgrade to stunt show / marvel
  20. Marvel land theme
  21. Rock n Roller overhaul
  22. Spiderman attraction - likely first new element.
  23. Meet and greet location overhaul
  24. Restaurant overhaul (restaurant des stars)
  25. Disney JR overhaul
DLP
  1. 500m
  2. New attraction
  3. New parade likely
  4. Illuminations likely replaced, possibly back to updated dreams?

douglasrickard

Can I ask where are those forums now? As I used to read them, but since they changed it, I cannot find anything with any new posts.

douglasrickard

Thanks, but one says page not found and the main forums don't have any posts earlier than 2 months ago apart from the 'introduce yourself' thread. Is it because I'm not logged in maybe? I used to be, but they didn't transfer my ID when they switched to their new site.
...(Okay I've finally been able to reset my password.. and all the forums only show up properly when you're signed in. Otherwise they're invisible or very basic!) I'm glad I've sorted it out anyway.

Attachments

• palace ballroom b Louis XVI dining chairs.jpg
    palace ballroom b Louis XVI dining chairs.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Robbiem

Pandora in Paris would need to be inside a bio-dome like the Eden Project in the UK to work.
Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen all make more sense for attracting more paying customers to DLP.

I know Disney would never do this but i think its actually a great idea, an indoor tropical avatar land would be something really different and would compliment the other parts of the park well IMO

fradz

What we're looking at currently from only Disney released art/pics/info.

WDS
  1. Entrance upgrade, including new entry routes flanking Studio 1
  2. Likely a small upgrade to flow / food inside Studio 1 (maybe a more permanent stage inside)
  3. Art of Animation changed out/upgraded
  4. Improvements to cars area (minor)
  5. Alien Saucers are definitely in the image... + new Toy Story Land entrance
  6. New 'Main Street' to Lake
  7. Food / retail booths on way to lake
  8. Restaurant at entrance to lake?
  9. Lake
  10. Watershow - three fountain images, potentially a form of Fantasmic or WOC?
  11. Boat Ride
  12. Looks like a parade
  13. Show viewing locations or lake stages
  14. Frozen Castle
  15. Frozen Mountain
  16. Frozen land
  17. Potentially a theatre next to frozen?
  18. Star Wars land
  19. Upgrade to stunt show / marvel
  20. Marvel land theme
  21. Rock n Roller overhaul
  22. Spiderman attraction - likely first new element.
  23. Meet and greet location overhaul
  24. Restaurant overhaul (restaurant des stars)
  25. Disney JR overhaul
DLP
  1. 500m
  2. New attraction
  3. New parade likely
  4. Illuminations likely replaced, possibly back to updated dreams?
Not really
Yes
No
No
5. No and yes
Yes, Jardin des Tuileries themed
Likely
Likely
Yes
10. Yes and maybe
Maybe
Yes
Yes
Yes
15. Yes
Yes
No
Yes
Minor
20. Yes
Yes
Yes - no
Yes
Yes
Yes

DLP.
Budget not announced yet
Yes
Not sure
Something else for the close future. Still illuminations, sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom