News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

Jason Lake

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but the reasoning for opening SWGE sooner than later is that SR is ready to go and ROTR is behind schedule because of its complexity. They have stated the SR is based off proven technology that is reliable and stable as appose to ROTR with its new ride system and technology. Can someone tell me then what SR is based off of. The only thing I can remotely think of is the green mission on Mission Space and I know it's not the same. But I am thinking it may use some of the same technologies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but the reasoning for opening SWGE sooner than later is that SR is ready to go and ROTR is behind schedule because of its complexity. They have stated the SR is based off proven technology that is reliable and stable as appose to ROTR with its new ride system and technology. Can someone tell me then what SR is based off of. The only thing I can remotely think of is the green mission on Mission Space and I know it's not the same. But I am thinking it may use some of the same technologies.

SWL in DL was supposed to be open this Summer. Until Summer passes, then RotR is not behind schedule.

jaxj21

Seems like a mashup of Star Tours-type vehicle with screen with interactive elements of Mission: Space

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
SW lacks this element - I cant think of a single moment in the movies where the characters go shopping.
Granted there are not many, but here's a few I could think of...
Qui Gon Jinn shopping for space ship parts in Episode I

Luke and Uncle Owen buying droids in Episode IV

Rey bartering junk for food in Episode VII.

Last edited:

180º

...issues with communication shutting down the ride vehicles all the time from what I have heard.
Correct me if I am wrong of course...
So would this be considered the fault of the RCS/ wayside computer? Or maybe it’s working as intended, and something keeps tripping it. I’m not sure which option is more serious. Hopefully they can iron it out soon.

[BEGIN RAMPANT UNSUBSTANTIATED GUESSWORK] Before, when we thought MMRR was smooth sailing, I guessed that ROTR’s issues had to do with a feature unique to itself. With the word that MMRR is having issues too, I wonder if it is a ride control system engineering issue shared between both attractions. [/END RAMPANT UNSUBSTANTIATED GUESSWORK]

PorterRedkey

New concept art of the Kat-Saka Kettle from Blog Mickey's site. This is where they will sell Outpost Mix popcorn.

The full article link can be found below:
http://blogmickey.com/2019/04/first...r-kat-sakas-kettle-in-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
kat-saka-kettle-concept-16x9-1024x553.jpg

jbolen2

With the plan of only letting people in for limited time slots, how long can they sit on there hands and not go phase 2 with this to expand and make more money on this? I just can’t see modern Disney not wanting to capitalize on this and get as many people and their money in this land.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
With the plan of only letting people in for limited time slots, how long can they sit on there hands and not go phase 2 with this to expand and make more money on this? I just can’t see modern Disney not wanting to capitalize on this and get as many people and their money in this land.
Two people need to be fired -- the person who greenlighted Andy's back yard and the person who didn't push for a whole Star Wars fifth gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom