News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupBone

The new policy specifically prohibits wagons. ADA does not cover wagons but does cover wheelchairs. https://www.ada.gov/opdmd.htm

Sorry, but you taking such an untenable position and then attempting to bludgeon others for not accepting it isnt nice.

So Keenz could consider taking an existing ADA approved wheelchair, plus it with storage and other compartments, then sell it. The challenge it to always be ahead of the chaser. As they close loopholes, the companies create new ones.

And yeah, all of us have been to Disney and seen the abuse. People would 100% buy a wheelchair with a push bar and storage to lug around their stuff, rather than a person in need.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So Keenz could consider taking an existing ADA approved wheelchair, plus it with storage and other compartments, then sell it. The challenge it to always be ahead of the chaser. As they close loopholes, the companies create new ones.

And yeah, all of us have been to Disney and seen the abuse. People would 100% buy a wheelchair with a push bar and storage to lug around their stuff, rather than a person in need.

Its always going to be a battle between medical necessity and those who consider convenience a necessity. I guess we'll start seeing sherpas for hire to lug around familes' clutter.

TrojanUSC

If you cared to read my post on my childs disability and why the keenz was perfect dor him and this circumstance as much as you cared to read my posts today perhaps this comment would unnecessary.

Your posts have become increasingly hostile yet you haven't explained why a wheelchair, which is easily available at all parks, will not suit his needs? Yes, it's not ideal but it is a theme park. If he can not stand for long periods, there is a perfect, ready-made solution to this.

What comes after he outgrows the Keenz? A twin bed on wheels?

bubbles1812

Your posts have become increasingly hostile yet you haven't explained why a wheelchair, which is easily available at all parks, will not suit his needs? Yes, it's not ideal but it is a theme park. If he can not stand for long periods, there is a perfect, ready-made solution to this.

I would personally like a Game of Thrones style litter. I can sit in it and not worry about my tired feet. There is shade since it’s enclosed. And armored men to carry me around. Presumably their swords will keep the rabble away and allow me to cut the line...in half ;) Go big or go home, I always say

Movielover

Disney's already preparing for that stage...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I would personally like a Game of Thrones style litter. I can sit in it and not worry about my tired feet. There is shade since it’s enclosed. And armored men to carry me around. Presumably their swords will keep the rabble away and allow me to cut the line...in half ;) Go big or go home, I always say

Now that's something I could easily engineer to the size limitations, let's see ...8 Sherpas to carry the litter (have to have spares), 4 more for crowd control, and a few to gather snacks and trinkets...

Sparksfly

Hostile? I guess i wouldn't expect anything else from someone who complains about being bumped in a theme park. Consider the source I suppose. But go ahead keep telling people to keep their children out of theme parks. That's the way to go 👍

Movielover

Someone actually created an April Fool's blog post advertising Disney sherpas. 🤪
Goodness, I had to look and immediatly found "mousesherpa"

Wow, what a service!
and I don't swing that way but that Antonio... Wowza! ;)

Hostile? I guess i wouldn't expect anything else from someone who complains about being bumped in a theme park. Consider the source I suppose. But go ahead keep telling people to keep their children out of theme parks. That's the way to go 👍

Good, good... Let the hate flow through you...
;)

bubbles1812

No one is telling you to keep your children out of the theme parks. No one. That’s just drama for drama’s sake.

Everyone has offered you valid solutions to your problem. A wheelchair is a feasible option. Plenty of kids have used them in the parks, myself included. A medical stroller is a feasible option. You’re literally refusing to consider any other options when there are many. It’s silly.

Keenze have been on the market, what, 2 years? As someone rightly pointed out, it’s not even a certified medical advice. You can survive without it. Plenty have survived without it. This is not something that should make or break your trip.

There are options for your son. I hope you’ll consider them for his sake.

Sparksfly

No one is telling anyone to keep their children out of theme parks. Everyone has offered you valid solutions to your problem. A wheelchair is a feasible option. Plenty of kids have used them in the parks, myself included. A medical stroller is a feasible option. You’re literally refusing to consider any other options, when there are many. It’s silly.

Keenze have been on the market, what, 2 years? As someone rightly pointed out, it’s not even a certified medical advice. You can survive without it. Plenty have survived without it.

There are options for your son. I hope you’ll consider them for his sake.

Have you read the first few pages of this thread at all?

For people who are constantly yelling about Disney innovation you sure don't accept it in the form of child care. So I suppose the same argument could be said about cell phones as well. When something new comes along and it works well for a lot of people... why fight against it? If we kept using the argument "we didn't need it before" wed get nowhere.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

For people who are constantly yelling about Disney innovation you sure don't accept it in the form of child care. So I suppose the same argument could be said about cell phones as well. When something new comes along and it works well for a lot of people... why fight against it? If we kept using the argument "we didn't need it before" wed get nowhere.
Dude, it’s a wagon. Chill.

Sparksfly

There's a difference between hate and disgust. I'm disgusted. This is about children...especially disabled children. The attitude in here is appalling. I guess again i shouldn't expect much else from a bunch of grown adults...probably older than me...who are obsessed with a childs theme park. Enjoy.

bubbles1812

You can’t live in a bubble where what ‘works for you’ works in the context of what works in the park. They were causing issues for other guests and more importantly, for security. It can’t just be all about you and what’s convenient for you, especially when it’s not a certified medical aid.

And it wasn’t an innovation... at the end of the day, the Keenze strollers are wagons with a canopy. Get over it. They’re banned.

The other options are there for you. You can choose to suffer and cancel your trip or you can choose the other medical aids available out there to help your son. I’m not telling you to keep your son out of the parks but you apparently are.

Last edited:

scottieRoss

There's a difference between hate and disgust. I'm disgusted. This is about children...especially disabled children. The attitude in here is appalling. I guess again i shouldn't expect much else from a bunch of grown adults...probably older than me...who are obsessed with a childs theme park. Enjoy.
I guess the problem is people that do not understand the difference between a "NEED" and a "WANT". Disney will gladly make accommodations for peoples needs as the ADA requires. However, they have no obligation to make accommodations for people and their wants. (edited for spelling)

scottieRoss

Not sure where you found out that Walt Disney World is "a child's theme park". But the fact is that they spend a great deal promoting their sales of alcohol to adults, have bars that do not permit children in them, offer Fairytale wedding packages and promote their adult entertainment both in the parks and around the resort. Hardly "a child's theme park".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom