Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Darth Snips

Also, OC Register just confirmed in this article that even though Disneyland will sell elaborate costume in SW:GE, guests will not be allowed to wear them in the park at all.
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/...en-costume-policy-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Does anyone know if WDW will still adhere to this policy too? It seems pretty dumb to me to put so much emphasis on immersion, role-playing, and in-universe merchandise and then tell guests not to wear or use said merchandise.

Timothy_Q

Westcoaster has an update up and I noticed what appears to be bathrooms off the backside of the Resistance queue in the area I have speculated could serve as overflow space (and now possibly overflow toilets).
View attachment 359619
That backstage area doesn't have an easy way to lead guests to (unless you're creating a path through Muppets)

If Disney plans on doing backstage overflow, I think the easiest and most out-of-the-way spot would be between SWGE and GMR
You could even use the closed off second half of Pixar Place for it (or even all of Pixar Place)

iowamomof4

Now imagine if you could queue yourself up via the app to enter SWL once you're in the park, not unlike mobile order and hitting the button "I'm here" to let them know to put your order together. Then Disney could push a notification to you where you would have a set amount of time (30-60 minutes?) to arrive at the entrance to the land or your spot would be given to the next person in line. I don't believe they'll actually do anything like that, but it would be nice if they could figure something out OTHER than just having to wait in an 8-hour line to HOPE you will get into the land.
Virtual Queue is happening for DHS. In fact, DHS was planned to have it before DL.

:bookworm:

Timothy_Q

DL confirmed the virtual queue just today. I would imagine its more to control crowds going into the land instead of allowing the land to be overrun with people. This would allow a better experience for all.
And less angry guests complaining to cast members they've been waiting 4h just to get inside the land and lil Timmy doesn't have his wagon

This is way late to the current discussion, but what happened to the table service resturant? Seems like an odd decision to table that (oh yes I did). They could have charged pretty much whatever they wanted and reservations would be filled 180days out all the time

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is way late to the current discussion, but what happened to the table service resturant? Seems like an odd decision to table that (oh yes I did). They could have charged pretty much whatever they wanted and reservations would be filled 180days out all the time

As for why they didn't build it? We know not.

But, it's clear it wasn't even constructed at all. So, they definitely cut it, or, decided to open it later, like with the Star Wars Resort.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
As for why they didn't build it? We know not.

But, it's clear it wasn't even constructed at all. So, they definitely cut it, or, decided to open it later, like with the Star Wars Resort.

I would like to think it would be for guest flow. This is going to be a multi-year issue of trying get as many people through this land as possible. A sit down restaurant would slow down guest flow.

But if they are that concerned about capacity and getting people in and out of the land. They should already be starting on an expansion of the land and/or other parts of the park.

britain

Also, OC Register just confirmed in this article that even though Disneyland will sell elaborate costume in SW:GE, guests will not be allowed to wear them in the park at all.
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/...en-costume-policy-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Does anyone know if WDW will still adhere to this policy too? It seems pretty dumb to me to put so much emphasis on immersion, role-playing, and in-universe merchandise and then tell guests not to wear or use said merchandise.

This decision strikes me as a way to keep passionate LARPers from taking it way too seriously, showing off their Napoleon Dynamite-esque dark force skills, causing brawls, scaring kids, knocking over grandmas, etc.

Last edited:

Rogue1138

This decision strikes me as a way to keep passionate LARPers from taking it way too seriously, showing off their Napoleon Dynamite-esque dark force skills, causing brawls, scaring kids, knocking over grandmas, etc.

I think it's the same reasons adults can't wear full costumes to MNSSHP in that they don't want customer confusion. I have various stormtrooper armors I'd absolutely would love to walk around in there but I think Disney doesn't want lines forming to take pictures with me or ask questions where the bathrooms are. ;)

drod1985

That's a slight exaggeration of what the article says. The direct quote from OC Register is...

Visitors over the age of 13 will not be able to wear the Star Wars robes and some other Galaxy’s Edge merchandise in the theme park, Disneyland officials said. Disneyland currently sells stormtrooper helmets and other items that violate the costume policy and can’t be worn in the park.

So the only thing this is ruling out entirely are some of the helmets (duh) and Jedi robes. Helmets have never been allowed, makes total sense. The robes make sense as well, as I can see guests getting tripped up on eachother's one-size-fits-all robes as they drag around the floor germophobe shudder.

I'm sure most of the shirts or accessories will be permitted. It seems they've been designed in such a way as to stand out from the cast member costumers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom