Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the Tigger

I’m sorry but I don’t feel Bad for smokers. If a smoker can make it on a 14 hour flight then they can make it through the day at a theme park.

I don’t, either. I’ve always seen it as a weak, follower type thing to do.

“But it’s cool.” Seriously?

I hate when I accidentally hire a smoker. Then we have to accommodate them with constant breaks while everyone else works.

I have no use or tolerance for it.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
If security saw a selfie stick in a bag while at bag check, they would inform them that selfie sticks are not permitted in the park. I don't see why security wouldn't do the same with cigarettes. Yes, I know THE ACT OF SMOKING is what is banned and NOT cigarettes (an object); however, there's no other purpose for cigarettes than to commit the act that is being prohibited.

You just answered your own question. Selfie sticks are not permitted, but cigarettes are. The purpose of having such an evil item would be to leave the park and use the convenient smoking areas that Disney has provided for guests.

Patcheslee

You just answered your own question. Selfie sticks are not permitted, but cigarettes are. The purpose of having such an evil item would be to leave the park and use the convenient smoking areas that Disney has provide for guests.
Forgot alcoholic beverages can't be brought in but can be bought in the parks. This is just the opposite for smoking 😁

sedati

Tanna Eros

If security saw a selfie stick in a bag while at bag check, they would inform them that selfie sticks are not permitted in the park. I don't see why security wouldn't do the same with cigarettes. Yes, I know THE ACT OF SMOKING is what is banned and NOT cigarettes (an object); however, there's no other purpose for cigarettes than to commit the act that is being prohibited.

I believe there would be an understanding, as they have a smoking area outside the gate, that patrons would exit the park, smoke a cigarette, then enter the park again. They will probably have a cigarette on their person to exit the park to smoke it. They cannot have a prison matron with everyone's cigarettes in a locked safe to distribute to each patron as they enter the smoking area.
I do not believe that tyrannical tactics need to be used. I don't believe the management of the park would be so small minded and feel so insignificant as to resort to such tactics.

Patcheslee

I believe there would be an understanding, as they have a smoking area outside the gate, that patrons would exit the park, smoke a cigarette, then enter the park again. They will probably have a cigarette on their person to exit the park to smoke it. They cannot have a prison matron with everyone's cigarettes in a locked safe to distribute to each patron as they enters the smoking area.
I do not believe that tyrannical tactics need to be used. I don't believe the management of the park would be so small minded and feel so insignificant as to resort to such tactics.
I'll admit if we couldn't even take cigarettes into the park I'd have one down my bra till through checks that way I could leave later and smoke. So in essence go from being one who followed the rules to a rule breaker.

Tanna Eros

I'll admit if we couldn't even take cigarettes into the park I'd have one down my bra till through checks that way I could leave later and smoke. So in essence go from being one who followed the rules to a rule breaker.
The more draconian the rules, the more rule breakers there are. I discussed this exact method of smuggling with my husband tonight.

Paper straw fan

I'm a non-smoker. The smell makes me nauseous.

But surely a complete ban is too radical?

Smokers only bother me in the path behind Tomorrowland - now closed anyway. And the path off the main path between Africa and Asia. A few dead ends elsewhere are not much of a problem.

See, and I believe that the smoking sections they created were just existing pathways they already used for regular pedestrian traffic, so these areas were not always removed enough from foot traffic where people could always avoid them. Had they been able to create sections with this in mind, I figure engineers there would have been able to find a decent enough middle ground.

Now, I do sympathize as I ‘soft quit’ where like I said I’ll still have one at the end of the day to help wind down. However I still try to go out of my way to avoid children (even if their smoking parents don’t) and people who don’t want to breathe it in (like my wife)

But...I have seen people who are just wayyy overboard with their smoking anger. If they detect nary a whiff of it they’ll want the smokers burned at the stake. You’re going to breathe in fumes from trams, Tomorrowland Speedway, people who don’t grasp the concept of deodorant, etc. If a smoking section is reasonably removed, and you still want them removed from the park, then it feels like personal bias trying to hide behind health reasons. And I guess with the continued addition of alcohol at parks, it feels a bit hollow and more for PR.

Paper straw fan

The best solution (but costly to Disney) would be enclosed smoking rooms that filter the air getting sucked out.

If you ever do smoke but need encouragement to quit, these type rooms are a great start.

I went in one ONCE at I believe Houston’s airport, just an enclosed room full of smokers. I U-turned right back to the concourse and just said “it can wait” after just 2 seconds of that. Pure hell.

UncleMike101

Unfortunately there are a significant number of people in this country who are perfectly willing to turn their fellow Citizens into criminals, or rule breakers, simply because those "miscreants" engage in an activity that is not approved of, own an object that isn't approved of, or have a belief system that isn't approved of, all of which are perfectly legal.

Paper straw fan

Well my question is with medical Mary JJ becoming legal in FL and elsewhere, will they allow people w medical prescriptions to use the CBD oil vapes? And is it cool if they let me get a puff before Soarin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom