Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoarderPhreak

Thats the point im trying to put across. I DO NOT VAPE. And yet someone who does is trying to tell me it doesn't smell. When it clearly does. I am around it all the time. There is a smell. You do not smell it because you are used to it. To everyone who does not vape, they smell it. You just are not getting any reaction around just like people who go around smokers. They wont say anything because most people do not like to be confrontational.
I stood outside with 3 co-workers who vape. It smells. Just not as bad as a cigarette.
Oh, the HORROR! Strawberries and melons and cupcakes, oh my! 🤣

So pot in an e cig doesn't have that telltale smell?
Not really, no.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I suspect you don't vape. So you have no idea what you're talking about. Really.
"Smell? No, I don't smell anything..."

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
for now... in touristy places its a negative to enforce that to the extent of arrest. you know what bad PR is? people being tossed in jail because they smoked some weed on there vacation in disney.

I think as more states move to complete legalization, the feds will be forced to reclassify pot. But states will regulate as they do alcohol consumption. Disney will see a spike in sales of M&Ms, cupcakes and PLAIN brownies, lol.

BoarderPhreak

"Smell? No, I don't smell anything..."
Like I said... That's just ONE way to vape and the one most people associate with it.

Uh oh. I suspect the lines to get into bathroom stalls are about to get much longer. No cameras in there. And the smell of a little vape won't be the thing you notice in a Disney bathroom.
If they even bother. See also: Vooping.

Club Cooloholic

Obviously so.

I don’t see a problem with smoking areas tucked away off of main paths. It’s an easy solution and makes everyone happy.

Sadly, there is an absolute bat-crap crazy vocal group of folks who flip out over the mere thought of someone smoking within a mile of their presence.

So they complain and complain and complain.

The substitutes do not work for some. And I’ve talked with anti-vaper folks who claim they don’t want the chemicals in their bodies (crazy I know) so what should society do with these folks. Perhaps we should cast them to an island far away from anyone, that way they do not have even the possibility of causing our nostrils to even begin to smell the pungent odor of smoke., except up in Spaceship Earth of course.
Maybe they can repurpose Tom Sawyers Island to Tom Smokers Island?

In all seriousness, I am a little nervous. We are taking my in-laws in June, they have never stayed on property, I weighed all the pros and cons of resorts and the amount of smoking sections figured heavily into where we would stay because my mom in law is a smoker. So AKL and WL were out, we are doing Beach Club Villas. Now this! Time to stock up some Nicorette gum.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
not as much and often mixed with flavors and it dissipates quick. no lingering smell or the typical pot head smell. its 2019 get over it the world knows its hardly the evil we have made it out to be for 40 years.

in fact vaping thc oil is probably better for the parks than all the drinking that goes on....think about it.

I'm not opposed to pot. I voted for the amendment legalizing medical marijuana in Florida. I just know the difficulties users and dispensaries have had in this state with LE. One in town has been shut down several times because LE doesn't understand what hemp is.

matt9112

That's one way to look at it. Here's another -- my house is my own private property. Do I have the right to ask my guests to smoke outside?

im not challenging disneys legal right....im challenging a social trend of tearing down anything that you dislike. my opinion on this matter specifically is that from ops stand point its a poor decision and difficult to enforce (disney is already amazingly lax with enforcing rules period) so the net effect is likely negative on overall guests both smokers and non. However i guess yoy can advertise smoke free theme park? because gaining what minimal amount of additional guests that might garner is exactly what disney world needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom