Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigrigross

No they don’t.
Yes they do. I live in a college town. They all have a scent. Its the same for people who smoke, have animals, and have kids. The smell is there. Just because you are desensitized to it, doesn't mean everyone else is not. You are literally vaporizing chemicals that are going into your lungs and then back out. What goes in your lungs, comes out. All of that chemical doesnt magically stay in your lungs. Alot of it comes back out with said "water vapor".

BoarderPhreak

To clue y'allz in on vaping... Practically every juice has a flavor. It ranges from fruits to desserts to yes, tobacco. None of them smell bad, I assure you (unless you hate strawberries, you animal). There are some juices that have no flavor other than menthol (e.g. Halo Sub-Zero). Others are very light (e.g. Naked 100 juices).

As for actual vapor, with the new salt-based vapes, it requires very little vapor indeed. Unless you're looking right at someone, you won't see anything strange. The huge vapor clouds you often associate with vaping is due to a particular setup and settings (e.g. sub-ohm tanks with beast coils and high wattages). This is easily mitigated (a.k.a. stealth vaping).

bigrigross

To clue y'allz in on vaping... Practically every juice has a flavor. It ranges from fruits to desserts to yes, tobacco. None of them smell bad, I assure you (unless you hate strawberries, you animal). There are some juices that have no flavor other than menthol (e.g. Halo Sub-Zero). Others are very light (e.g. Naked 100 juices).

As for actual vapor, with the new salt-based vapes, it requires very little vapor indeed. Unless you're looking right at someone, you won't see anything strange. The huge vapor clouds you often associate with vaping is due to a particular setup and settings (e.g. sub-ohm tanks with beast coils and high wattages). This is easily mitigated (a.k.a. stealth vaping).

LMAO You guys have no idea how ridiculous you sound. Trust me, you are not hiding anything.

trainplane3

I'm not even a smoker but completely removing them is the dumbest thing they could do and I can't wait for this to bite them in the a-- when people are lighting up everywhere and fights and violence increase.
I'm expecting a DLP situation. A smoking free for all. I've never had much issue with it in WDW. Most people stayed to their areas. Yes it smelled bad and it sucked to walk through, but they were in the smoking area so I couldn't complain.

For those of you that did quit smoking, all the credit to you. I had a friends dad suffer a stroke about 3 years ago that was linked to his high smoking rate. After he got out of the hospital, he threw every single cigarette away and that was it. No slowing the rate down, no patch/gum/vaping, just straight quitting. My friend can't believe how much easier everyone in the house can breathe and now sees how bad the house and their clothes smelled.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
DCL has banned smoking for a while now, I think. At least in rooms and on balconies.

That is correct - primary reason being safety. However, that hasn't stopped guests from smoking on their veranda, as those in the stateroom next to ours did, repeatedly. We reported it each time, staff spoke to them (they denied smoking in their room), but could do nothing but warn them each time. I was tempted to take my camera, lean around the partition and take a photo. Cruise staff did see the ashes and butts stuffed in the drain hole in the veranda, but I guess that wasn't enough proof. They opened the connecting door on their side and our room stunk like cigarettes. So their room must have been miserable. We were comped a portion of our costs and given a few nice gifts. Fortunately, it was only a 3 night cruise - we learned to keep our veranda door closed if we heard them in the room. If it had been a longer cruise, I would have demanded we or they be relocated.

BoarderPhreak

Disney is messing with things beyond their ken on this one. 🤣

I think they had to do this in preparation for when recreational marijuana becomes legal.

That stank is an issue, and they would use the regular smoking lounges.
Like I said, wait until the "ganjalas" are in operation. They'll be smoked out just like they are at every ski resort.

Then there are bat hits as you're casually strolling around and yes, you can vape it too.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm expecting a DLP situation. A smoking free for all. I've never had much issue with it in WDW. Most people stayed to their areas. Yes it smelled bad and it sucked to walk through, but they were in the smoking area so I couldn't complain.

For those of you that did quit smoking, all the credit to you. I had a friends dad suffer a stroke about 3 years ago that was linked to his high smoking rate. After he got out of the hospital, he threw every single cigarette away and that was it. No slowing the rate down, no patch/gum/vaping, just straight quitting. My friend can't believe how much easier everyone in the house can breathe and now sees how bad the house and their clothes smelled.
Nothing says it's time to quit smoking like a diagnosis of stage IV squamous cell lung cancer.

Patcheslee

Disney is messing with things beyond their ken on this one. 🤣

Like I said, wait until the "ganjalas" are in operation. They'll be smoked out just like they are at every ski resort.

Then there are bat hits as you're casually strolling around and yes, you can vape it too.
The current law proposed would still make it illegal to consume in public.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For those of you that did quit smoking, all the credit to you. I had a friends dad suffer a stroke about 3 years ago that was linked to his high smoking rate. After he got out of the hospital, he threw every single cigarette away and that was it. No slowing the rate down, no patch/gum/vaping, just straight quitting. My friend can't believe how much easier everyone in the house can

That was my dad. Had part of a lung removed due to a suspicious spot on his lungs after he recovered from pneumonia. Doctor knew he was a smoker. Dad woke up after surgery, lost all desire to smoke. Never lit up again. But made my mom's life miserable until she finally quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom