Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Scrooged

This is like reading a soap opera. I love it. Shoulda screen capped the insanity-!

justintheharris

since this is obviously a troll post to stir everyone up..I'm gonna interrupt and ask..does anyone know if the moat will still be drained and lots of unsightly construction in may? I know it's unavoidable but we're coming from Australia for our 1st and only visit and that would be a real shame!! But if that's our luck, that's our luck!

just was hoping for some beautiful shots of the castle
Again, she’s real.

Tony the Tigger

I don't believe her either. It is fun to read though.. I will say this, on occasion, magic does happen. Around 16 or 17 years ago, I miscalculated how many days I would be there during my stay. We were there for 8 days but purchased tickets for 7. We were obviously denied entry on day 8 and the CM at then MGM directed us to guest services. He looked at our tickets, saw we stayed on site, and saw that we parked hopped several times per day. He was kind enough to give the two of us a 1 day hopper. We were kind and explained what happened. That probably went a long way. So, do those things happen? Absolutely. However, based on the entitlement factor, had this really happened with Ms. Bug, I doubt she was given anything but directions to the exit.

Similarly, we were accidentally there on a blockout date in August. We were kind of broke back then, the AP’s were maybe $200 (Christmas gifts) and when the CM at the entrance sent us to GS, we thought it may have been an expired cc on file or something.

We were only up for two nights, took days off work, drove up, booked hotel...and couldn’t get in. We knew we didn’t have a leg to stand on, I just forgot to check the blockout dates when planning. We were honest about that, and polite, and I’m pretty sure I looked like I was going to cry, because I probably was lol. Anyway, they did give us each a day pass, and we were very grateful - or our trip to Orlando would have been one really long day at Cici’s Pizza BOGO buffet.

Don't flatter yourself.

Tony, you are so handsome.

You’re right, Ferret. It doesn’t have the same effect. 🤣

Goofyernmost

We were only up for two nights, took days off work, drove up, booked hotel...and couldn’t get in. We knew we didn’t have a leg to stand on, I just forgot to check the blockout dates when planning. We were honest about that, and polite, and I’m pretty sure I looked like I was going to cry, because I probably was lol. Anyway, they did give us each a day pass, and we were very grateful - or our trip to Orlando would have been one really long day at Cici’s Pizza BOGO buffet.
I had almost the same, actually nothing at all like that, experience back a few years ago. I bought 4 nights at an offsite hotel right alongside WDW at a fund raising auction event for Vermont Public TV. It went for a pretty good price, but, hardly free. I felt the need to check it out so I called and asked about their location and amenities. (this was obviously before the full Internet took hold). Anywho, after they gave me the information I told them that I had a voucher from a purchase that was donated to the fund raiser and could I make reservations now. I got a long silence on the other end. Bear in mind that this was when you could just show up and ask for a room and then show them the voucher. They told me to hold on and, I assume, they went to ask someone about it. As it turned out, the place was bought out by someone else and would not honor the voucher. I can't imagine how upset I would have been if I had shown up at the place only to be told that there was no room at the inn. I had no desire to spend the night in a stable. I still donated the money to the station after I told them what happened, but, man that would have been frustrating.

Goofyernmost

It's true.
In that case, it is a severe mistake to have that "perk" because one pays extra. I always thought it was just to eliminate advertisements and add status all the while helping to support the site. Now I am glad I never decided to join up. I'm sure my name has shown up quite often, but, I care so little about what those children think of me, that it just isn't worth it. I thought that the British were more mature and cultured then to allow that to happen on such a respected site. Apparently there is no discretion left in the world and it is all about, how many clicks.

UncleMike101

In that case, it is a severe mistake to have that "perk" because one pays extra. I always thought it was just to eliminate advertisements and add status all the while helping to support the site. Now I am glad I never decided to join up. I'm sure my name has shown up quite often, but, I care so little about what those children think of me, that it just isn't worth it. I thought that the British were more mature and cultured then to allow that to happen on such a respected site. Apparently there is no discretion left in the world and it is all about, how many clicks.
Nothing new......................
George Orwell wrote: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
He wasn't happy with how people would proclaim equality in Public and then trash members of different groups in private.
It's the ancient tribal mindset of "Us vs Them".

Shouldigo12

Nothing new......................
George Orwell wrote: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
He wasn't happy with how people would proclaim equality in Public and then trash members of different groups in private.
It's the ancient tribal mindset of "Us vs Them".
This doesn't just seem like an Us vs Them thing to me though. Us vs Them is the "Pixie Dusters vs Gloom and Doomers" arguments that pop up on here everyday. To me, this seems more like people paying to be allowed to trash talk and disrespect forum members in a place where the people they target can't fight back or defend themselves.

BoarderPhreak

This doesn't just seem like an Us vs Them thing to me though. Us vs Them is the "Pixie Dusters vs Gloom and Doomers" arguments that pop up on here everyday. To me, this seems more like people paying to be allowed to trash talk and disrespect forum members in a place where the people they target can't fight back or defend themselves.
That assumes one gives a "mouse's behind" what others think of them. I gave that up loooong ago. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom