A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Prog

I'm new here. Who is this infamous poster, and where can I read all this juicy chatter???
Go to page 1, click on the profile of the guy who posted, and then scroll through his postings. (Much easier than wading through all the rest of the in these threads.)

Rodan75

But Spirit's thoughts made some of his reading entertaining making some of the forum discussions interesting.

He always has a certain saltiness to his delivery, but after the main scoop of a thread, it quickly disintegrated into attackers and counter attackers. Which made those threads hard to really read thru.

The Empress Lilly

I guess I’m in the minority but I loved Spirit’s posts and information and take on things. In fact, I find myself around here less and less with his absence.
A lot of quality posters have left or post less. Or post less quality posts. Very much a self-reinforcing mechanism. Five years ago this forum had threads running about the workings of media by Spirit, design by Eddie Sotto, number crunching by Parentsof4, and solid information by Lee and Articos, and etc.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
A lot of quality posters have left or post less. Or post less quality posts. Very much a self-reinforcing mechanism. Five years ago this forum had threads running about the workings of media by Spirit, design by Eddie Sotto, number crunching by Parentsof4, and solid information by Lee and Articos, and etc.
And now it has dwindled down to people jockeying to be the first to re-post a Bioreconstruct pic from twitter.

flyerjab

At the end of the day Martin has been and always will be the pillar of this website. I did not find any of those other posters to be on the level of Martin in regards to sharing inside details that come to fruition and doing it with a professional demeanor.

Agreed. Spirit was way too agenda driven for me. I am certain that he is a nice person but after a while he started coming off a bit childish on here. Also, and I could be incorrect about this, but his last few prognostications were not accurate.

I always eagerly anticipate @marni1971 ’s one word (or emoticon) hints. I fondly recall ‘Tick’ from the BAH thread, or his recent whistle emoticons in the Brazil and UK threads. It is crazy how he has always Posted next to nothing and would garner 50 likes in just a few seconds. Remember when, in the one DHS related thread, Martin posted ‘I am hearing.....something..’ and it turned out to be the 3.5 million dollar budget for the start of the DHD redo? I always respected martin’s ability to give so much with so few words. There are a few others I also eagerly follow on here that provide good insider info. I think that Spirit was a bit too over the top for my taste.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Eddie Sotto's thread was so interesting with his design insights, and experience as an Imagineer. I recall some years ago that he eventually ended his thread, as he mentioned he had just about shared all he could with the members.

Former threads by Spirit, Lee, PhotoDave, and a few others, would sometimes spur on some lively group discussions. ;)

Presently, I enjoy reading posts from many different members., who contribute helpful information in N&R, General, and other categories. There will always be some people that may have actual connections to insider knowledge, but what keeps this forum going, is the participation from many of its members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom