A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

MerlinTheGoat

You guys realize that he stopped posting here because he lost his source, right?
Do YOU have a source for that claim, or are you just jumping on the feces flinging bandwagon?

There are a number of actual reasons why he stopped posting here. First is he has a life, and it became very busy during the past two years or so. He's also sick of Disney (at least the American parks) and is very dissatisfied with the current direction of the company as a whole. And lastly a section of the forum added back in early 2017 left a bad taste in his mouth, both what was being posted and that staff were allowing it. There are other reasons as well, but those cover the broader reasons.

I can relate to these reasons myself, I don't post nearly as much as I used to as well. Life CAN indeed cause you to drift away from interests we used to enjoy but no longer have time for. And I don't think it's at all ridiculous to dislike Bob Iger and other Disney executives like him. Nor to be unhappy with the way the company and its theme parks are being run. I've more often than not agreed with 74 about the overall state of the business side of Disney and the current state and future of Disney World.

74 wasn't the only one who "jumped ship" around that time either, there were quite a few other respected and knowledgeable people who also either went inactive or rarely visit anymore (Lee, Photodave, and Raven for example). Marni1971 is one of the few left of this group who is still active. And i'm surprised because he said recently that in his opinion the future of Epcot is disappointing and unexciting.

I'm just curious to hear Spirit's thoughts on the Disney/Fox merger that just happened two days ago. Along with Peter Doctor to lead Pixar, and Jennifer Lee for Walt Disney Animation that was announced last Summer.
I'm sure he would have only nice things to say about the merger and everyone involved.
I'll have to dig the posts up, but in his most recent handfuls of posts he did comment on both.

No surprise on Peter Doctor and Jennifer Lee being elevated to basically replace John Lasseter. And they are absolutely the right people for those positions. Pete because he is a legend in his field and has earned it. Jennifer because she is highly talented, not a Burbank lifer and, yeah, directed that little Frozen film. You will not see a drop off in quality under these two at all.

The Fox deal was spread out over more posts. He was against the merger, criticized the monopolistic reasons and vanity behind the move etc. I don't disagree.

The Empress Lilly

He had his own private thread protected by the mods. He used that platform to spew all types of hate with immature name-calling. And in thanks, he kept breaking forum rules by bringing up politics.

Troll.
Spirit was asked by the mods to concentrate his musings in a single place. So that touchy princesses like you wouldn't risk getting triggered by reading him.

So all you had to do was not open one single thread out of several hundreds running. None of his detractors ever could.

LuvWDW2

*74 criticizes Disney

*People criticize 74 for being critical 🤔

Its the same as people complaining about the complainers.

My criticism of him was that if you didn’t agree with him exactly, you were a rose colored glasses wearing pixie duster.

And to the person above who pointed out some other people who have since disappeared, there’s definitely a name or 2 on that list that I don’t miss either.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Anybody else recall when one of his threads had about a week of discussion about the mommy bloggers and how they were comped with all kinds of lavish rewards such as full blown trips to WDW and DL, even though a majority of them only had about 25 followers on social media. That was a pretty fun time as we all watched their youtube videos and dissected all of them, lol. Fadra was my favorite.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My criticism of him was that if you didn’t agree with him exactly, you were a rose colored glasses wearing pixie duster.

And to the person above who pointed out some other people who have since disappeared, there’s definitely a name or 2 on that list that I don’t miss either.
In all fairness, it goes both ways. You get labelled "doom and gloomer" or "purist", if you so much as suggest that Frozen deserved more than a shoehorn or that New Fantasyland lacks substance.

Regardless of how people feel about each other here, the differing opinions, especially from some of the people such as 74 or Dave who didnt pull punches, made for interesting times. It was always fun to open the news and rumors section and see a new Spirited thread was started. They were chalk full of information and topics to be discussed. Nowadays we get relentless pole taking, five threads about the same subject and people continuously starting threads in news and rumors that are neither news nor rumor.

Rodan75

He was trolled? He had his own private thread protected by the mods. He used that platform to spew all types of hate with immature name-calling. And in thanks, he kept breaking forum rules by bringing up politics.

His inside scoops, when they were right, were accompanied by rabble rousing whipping up the mobs into a frenzy.

He derided these groups as being incapable of seeing things the right way:
  • the vloggers who were comped (and he was angry he wasn't comped) and packed special events (he was the source of the idea there are thousands if not tens of thousands of media taking away spots from regular guests)
  • main stream media who only said nice things about Disney because Disney was constantly threatening them
  • lifestylers, who are always in the parks (meanwhile, he's a DVCer who visits international parks a lot)
  • anyone in the corporate structure of Disney who are only motivated by money
  • superfans (i.e., pixie dusters) who couldn't see anything wrong
  • current imagineers who couldn't do anything right like the old masters could
  • ordinary guests because they're clueless
So, who was left to hold the right opinion? Himself. Anyone who disagreed fell into an ad hominem group.

We have other insiders who have been wrong at times... they don't get trolled (except for the small handful of dolts who don't understand the difference between inside info and rumors). They don't get trolled because they themselves don't act like giant trolls.

And when he was wrong, he almost never admitted it, and he never apologized. He was exactly the same type of people he most railed against: The Other Vlogger and The Politician whom he hated so much. But, same mold.

Remember how DHS's SWL was going to be "years" after DL's? Then he had to say that by "years" he meant "one year". And he said it was going to be that late because Disney can't do anything on schedule, which was simply his assessment? And then when it was clear that wasn't going to be the case he blamed his bad info on a bad source forgetting he specifically said it was his opinion?

And how's his blog coming along he said he was going to create, because, we all know one thing about Spirit: how much he hates bloggers.

Troll.

Well said. Personally I enjoy these forums more without all of the drama that came from folks either idolizing or condemning him

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom