A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Prog

And just like that, a thread that was mercifully on its way to oblivion gets bumped.

bjlc57

sorry.. but he had the "best inside info" ever on these threads.. people state that they didn't like him.. and I don't know why.. with the exception of being told the truth... no ONE.. and I mean NO ONE HERE.. gave you the TRUE SKINNY of the inner workings at WDW. and we are all at a loss since he is gone..

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
People can say what they want about Spirit, but I messaged him once for guidance on how to handle a situation I had with a Disney reservation and he gave some advice that yielded a result far better than I would have been able to get on my own. I even wound up getting to know an executive in the Orlando offices that has been very helpful over the years.

Spirit was a good dude, IMO. He could have ignored my message and Im sure his inbox was constantly getting blasted. But he responded and even helped me resolve my situation.

bclane

People can say what they want about Spirit, but I messaged him once for guidance on how to handle a situation I had with a Disney reservation and he gave some advice that yielded a result far better than I would have been able to get on my own. I even wound up getting to know an executive in the Orlando offices that has been very helpful over the years.

Spirit was a good dude, IMO. He could have ignored my message and Im sure his inbox was constantly getting blasted. But he responded and even helped me resolve my situation.
Yeah, I miss him too. I hope he's doing well.

jt04

If you are going to use the internet to attack people personally and professionally then you shouldn't do it anonymously. That was the only complaint about that contributor I had.

And since we are talking about him, rest assured us is lurking around.

Much of his 'insider' info was being fed to him second hand as I don't think he was that connected. But he once was so much of his knowledge of WDW 'past' was accurate.

The resort has long since left the spirit behind. He bowed out at the right time. 👻

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
He is a good guy with good information. He left because he was tired of getting trolled. And heaven forbid one of his rumors didn't come to fruition, he would get branded as a liar. He started getting challenged for everything he said. Ungrateful lot.

He was trolled? He had his own private thread protected by the mods. He used that platform to spew all types of hate with immature name-calling. And in thanks, he kept breaking forum rules by bringing up politics.

His inside scoops, when they were right, were accompanied by rabble rousing whipping up the mobs into a frenzy.

He derided these groups as being incapable of seeing things the right way:
  • the vloggers who were comped (and he was angry he wasn't comped) and packed special events (he was the source of the idea there are thousands if not tens of thousands of media taking away spots from regular guests)
  • main stream media who only said nice things about Disney because Disney was constantly threatening them
  • lifestylers, who are always in the parks (meanwhile, he's a DVCer who visits international parks a lot)
  • anyone in the corporate structure of Disney who are only motivated by money
  • superfans (i.e., pixie dusters) who couldn't see anything wrong
  • current imagineers who couldn't do anything right like the old masters could
  • ordinary guests because they're clueless

So, who was left to hold the right opinion? Himself. Anyone who disagreed fell into an ad hominem group.

We have other insiders who have been wrong at times... they don't get trolled (except for the small handful of dolts who don't understand the difference between inside info and rumors). They don't get trolled because they themselves don't act like giant trolls.

And when he was wrong, he almost never admitted it, and he never apologized. He was exactly the same type of people he most railed against: The Other Vlogger and The Politician whom he hated so much. But, same mold.

Remember how DHS's SWL was going to be "years" after DL's? Then he had to say that by "years" he meant "one year". And he said it was going to be that late because Disney can't do anything on schedule, which was simply his assessment? And then when it was clear that wasn't going to be the case he blamed his bad info on a bad source forgetting he specifically said it was his opinion?

And how's his blog coming along he said he was going to create, because, we all know one thing about Spirit: how much he hates bloggers.

Troll.

truecoat

He was trolled? He had his own private thread protected by the mods. He used that platform to spew all types of hate with immature name-calling. And in thanks, he kept breaking forum rules by bringing up politics.

His inside scoops, when they were right, were accompanied by rabble rousing whipping up the mobs into a frenzy.

He derided these groups as being incapable of seeing things the right way:
  • the vloggers who were comped (and he was angry he wasn't comped) and packed special events (he was the source of the idea there are thousands if not tens of thousands of media taking away spots from regular guests)
  • main stream media who only said nice things about Disney because Disney was constantly threatening them
  • lifestylers, who are always in the parks (meanwhile, he's a DVCer who visits international parks a lot)
  • anyone in the corporate structure of Disney who are only motivated by money
  • superfans (i.e., pixie dusters) who couldn't see anything wrong
  • current imagineers who couldn't do anything right like the old masters could
  • ordinary guests because they're clueless
So, who was left to hold the right opinion? Himself. Anyone who disagreed fell into an ad hominem group.

We have other insiders who have been wrong at times... they don't get trolled (except for the small handful of dolts who don't understand the difference between inside info and rumors). They don't get trolled because they themselves don't act like giant trolls.

And when he was wrong, he almost never admitted it, and he never apologized. He was exactly the same type of people he most railed against: The Other Vlogger and The Politician whom he hated so much. But, same mold.

Remember how DHS's SWL was going to be "years" after DL's? Then he had to say that by "years" he meant "one year". And he said it was going to be that late because Disney can't do anything on schedule, which was simply his assessment? And then when it was clear that wasn't going to be the case he blamed his bad info on a bad source forgetting he specifically said it was his opinion?

And how's his blog coming along he said he was going to create, because, we all know one thing about Spirit: how much he hates bloggers.

Troll.

I still would like someone who espouses more on the parks like he did. He filled a void left by Al Lutz for me as others only provide small tidbits instead of larger stories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom