The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Hopefully they don’t get rid of cash.
I agree.

Cash is great for some stuff.

A good example is when I go to the Midwest Gaming Classic next month, I bring cash for Vendor Hall section due to nature of purchases. I don't buy pinball or arcade machines. The nature of my purchases are much cheaper. Pinball and arcadmachines are not cheap to say the least. Pinball Machines can go around $3,000 based on what I seen in a local shop that specializes in video gaming and pop culture items.

Midwest Gaming Classic is a game trade show/ game Expo. What I mean by game is not the gambling type. When I go to a expo or trade show, I feel more comfortable with cash.

I also look at in the case of my mom for cash. Back when my mom had a stand for a craft fair, she only accepted cash. When you do a craft fair, the vendor does not have the equipment for buyers to use credit cards. What my mom had was have dollars and change in a box for craft fair stand.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
With how easy it was to get everything I needed this morning for ADRs, I'm cautiously optimistic about crowds for September. @Rista1313 did you have the same experience? Or you don't do ADRs until tomorrow?

At this late hour you gave me a good giggle. We also got all the Dining we wished, none of which will be at the Studios.

Gabe1

My shopping list this week was: 1 cube of tofu, 1 package faro, 1 bag frozen broccoli, 1.5 gallons soy milk, butter, 1 loaf seeded bread, 1 package cheese slices, 1.5 pounds dried pineapples, 1 cantaloupe, 1 package strawberries, 1 box kashi bars, 1 box Zone bars for kids, 4 pack drinkable yogurt, 1 dozen free range eggs, 3 quarts vegetable broth, 3.5 pounds honey crisp apples. All organic. $78 delivered.

I went to Aldi yesterday for produce. Filled 2 large reusable bags and a gallon of Distilled Water. $20.21

Gabe1

I agree.

Cash is great for some stuff.

A good example is when I go to the Midwest Gaming Classic next month, I bring cash for Vendor Hall section due to nature of purchases. I don't buy pinball or arcade machines. The nature of my purchases are much cheaper. Pinball and arcadmachines are not cheap to say the least. Pinball Machines can go around $3,000 based on what I seen in a local shop that specializes in video gaming and pop culture items.

Midwest Gaming Classic is a game trade show/ game Expo. What I mean by game is not the gambling type. When I go to a expo or trade show, I feel more comfortable with cash.

I also look at in the case of my mom for cash. Back when my mom had a stand for a craft fair, she only accepted cash. When you do a craft fair, the vendor does not have the equipment for buyers to use credit cards. What my mom had was have dollars and change in a box for craft fair stand.

And now most vendors have a free square to accept credit and debit cards. It attaches to your iPhone.
hero.en-us.png

I've always been a cash person, years ago I wrote a check for my big grocery day but that was about it for food. I still pay cash for gasoline as the scams at gas stations are always changing.

My general rule is I never let my debit/credit card leave my sight so most table service restaurants I pay cash. I never use my credit card while traveling airport to airport to hotels nor do I link my MB to credit card. I do carry to Disney their Gift Cards. My son taught me to always take a photo of the gift card in case it got lost and the same for my Annual Pass. Makes recovery quicker. But I do use a debit or credit card more frequently in the parks where it stays in my sight.

One of the places my credit card did get compromised was at a Metra Train Station purchasing tickets.

Gabe1

Well, my life being what it is,.... when I ordered a tomboy but received a Disney princess instead.....

Bon Voyage
1900 Park Fare - dinner with Cinderella
Cinderella's Royal Table
Akershus

And Tusker House because she loves Daisy and the food there was phenomenal last time we went.

Might have to sell her to pay for it all though, LOL. how much does a mouthy 4 year old go for these days on the black market?? LOL

Giggle. They might return her. ;)

Love Park Fare! Don't forget the Strawberry Soup.

Gabe1

LOL!! No, definitely not overlapping. I'm hoping we grab most meals on the go or at the resort. The resort has really amazing food that we can eat pool side and a really cool tree house fort thing water playground. But the princess meals make it less important to actually find the princesses in the lands, so I'll take that as a win.

My younger days were filled with character meals for the same reason...I avoided Meet and Greets.

yeah... luckily hubby does not seek out the princesses =D

Bluck! My son had friends that were face characters. Some of these very young women are beyond creeped out at a few of the men they greet. That ewe ewe ewe get your arm off of me ewe...they know the creepers from the fans. And the creepers know the Princesses are pretty much in the position of smile and don't break character. If they have a good handler that is paying attention they can move them along-quickly.

StarWarsGirl

And now most vendors have a free square to accept credit and debit cards. It attaches to your iPhone.
hero.en-us.png

I've always been a cash person, years ago I wrote a check for my big grocery day but that was about it for food. I still pay cash for gasoline as the scams at gas stations are always changing.

My general rule is I never let my debit/credit card leave my sight so most table service restaurants I pay cash. I never use my credit card while traveling airport to airport to hotels nor do I link my MB to credit card. I do carry to Disney their Gift Cards. My son taught me to always take a photo of the gift card in case it got lost and the same for my Annual Pass. Makes recovery quicker. But I do use a debit or credit card more frequently in the parks where it stays in my sight.

One of the places my credit card did get compromised was at a Metra Train Station purchasing tickets.
I never pay cash. I always carry cash, but I never use it. I've always felt like if my wallet was stolen, I'd lose the cash, but credit cards can be replaced. I have apps for all of my credit cards, so if I felt like they were compromised, I can instantly turn them off. For gas stations, I take the card I want to use out of my wallet and lock my purse in the car. Credit card doesn't leave my hand. The credit card stealing at gas stations tends to happen more to men than women. Men keep their wallets in their pants and so it's easy for someone to walk by and grab it. Women tend to keep stuff in their purses and it's harder to scan, so at least for that crime, women aren't the targets. Restaurants I pay with credit card too. Never have had an issue, and I might as well get the rewards.

That's only for credit cards. My one and only debit card is hidden in my room. I don't even know the pin for it. It never leaves. I don't use ATMs, and if I go to the bank, I show ID. I have three credit cards with ridiculously high limits, so I never see a need to carry it. Debit cards are so much less secure than credit cards. A credit card number gets swiped and you report fraudulent transactions and you're not liable. Debit card, well, that's a different story.

By the way, a couple of trips ago, my AP got left behind. Dad thought I had it, I thought he had it, and no one had it. I used my MB to enter and went to the AP stand in AK. They scanned my MB and asked for ID, and I had a new card in less than 5 minutes.

Gabe1

I never pay cash. I always carry cash, but I never use it. I've always felt like if my wallet was stolen, I'd lose the cash, but credit cards can be replaced. I have apps for all of my credit cards, so if I felt like they were compromised, I can instantly turn them off. For gas stations, I take the card I want to use out of my wallet and lock my purse in the car. Credit card doesn't leave my hand. The credit card stealing at gas stations tends to happen more to men than women. Men keep their wallets in their pants and so it's easy for someone to walk by and grab it. Women tend to keep stuff in their purses and it's harder to scan, so at least for that crime, women aren't the targets. Restaurants I pay with credit card too. Never have had an issue, and I might as well get the rewards.

That's only for credit cards. My one and only debit card is hidden in my room. I don't even know the pin for it. It never leaves. I don't use ATMs, and if I go to the bank, I show ID. I have three credit cards with ridiculously high limits, so I never see a need to carry it. Debit cards are so much less secure than credit cards. A credit card number gets swiped and you report fraudulent transactions and you're not liable. Debit card, well, that's a different story.

By the way, a couple of trips ago, my AP got left behind. Dad thought I had it, I thought he had it, and no one had it. I used my MB to enter and went to the AP stand in AK. They scanned my MB and asked for ID, and I had a new card in less than 5 minutes.

It is the skimmers at gas stations that I was speaking to, not the robbing of the physical card, just the data.

Gabe1

Been there, done that. Bread and cheese was all she would eat at 4. God forbid if you accidentally called it a cheese sandwich. Yes, exact same thing, but apparently, the wording made it gross. And grilled? No way. At the tender age of 13, she decided it was ok. And, it is not fun to be the mom of the only kid in the US who would not eat mac and cheese.
Mine used to eat pizza. Now she peels cheese off pizza.

My son through elementary and middle school had 2 choices in his mind. Cheese Pizza or Peanut Butter sandwich, no crust. He preferred Pizza. Being a Mom for most of those years that worked outside the home I caved early on. I ordered a large Pizza every Sunday evening sliced Pie Cut. Enough for every lunch box each week day. Done.

StarWarsGirl

Amen to that!! It's so easy to just tap a phone on a pad to pay, or pull out a debit or credit card. When I carry cash, I think about something I want to buy, and often put it back. Something about paying in cash that gives it a whole new perspective (for me, anyway).
I'm exactly the opposite. A high credit card bill will freak me out and then I check my bank account and go, "Okay, not good."

Cash I'm like, "I have it; I shall spend it!" I pay more attention if it comes out of my bank account.

Plus, all of my cards earn cash back, so I don't see the sense in paying cash when I can earn what is essentially free money.

But considering most of my shopping is done online because with Amazon Prime, credit cards are more my speed anyway. I am admittedly spoiled and too lazy to go out hunting for something when I can have it show up at my door. I basically only shop at the grocery store or go to a specific store on the off chance Amazon doesn't have it. I'm single handedly trying to keep them in business. Not that they need any help...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom