The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

My 11 year old refuses to eat melted cheese now. She will only eat it cold.
Been there, done that. Bread and cheese was all she would eat at 4. God forbid if you accidentally called it a cheese sandwich. Yes, exact same thing, but apparently, the wording made it gross. And grilled? No way. At the tender age of 13, she decided it was ok. And, it is not fun to be the mom of the only kid in the US who would not eat mac and cheese.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Let's see last weekend my shopping list started with 15 heads of lettuce, 3 heads celery, 5 cucumbers, 10 pounds of carrots, spring mix, 10 pounds of frozen spinach, 2 bags of onions, 10 pounds of rice, 3 bags of quinoa, 2 chickens, 3 dozen eggs, 4 boxes of grape tomatoes, 8 pounds of dry beans, a bag of apples, 2 loaves of bread, 2 bags of bagels, etc...….........…... Would you like to hear the full list?

Shocking what you feed the family -- where's the Hershey bars and Snickers, for heaven's sake??!! :jawdrop:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Let's see since Saturday I've made corned beef with potatoes, carrots, cabbage and soda bread, beans and greens with tomatoes(every week a big pot with different spices), 2lbs pasta with tomatoes and tuna, 6qts braised tofu and mushrooms in veggie stock, rice and beans with veggies, an eggs and greens fritta, enough salad for a small army and a rice cooker full of quinoa. I'd better not have to cook until Friday. I know I will but................................ aren't you glad you asked?

I made instant potatoes tonight. :hungry:

MySmallWorldof4

Been there, done that. Bread and cheese was all she would eat at 4. God forbid if you accidentally called it a cheese sandwich. Yes, exact same thing, but apparently, the wording made it gross. And grilled? No way. At the tender age of 13, she decided it was ok. And, it is not fun to be the mom of the only kid in the US who would not eat mac and cheese.
Mine used to eat pizza. Now she peels cheese off pizza.

MySmallWorldof4

Amen to that!! It's so easy to just tap a phone on a pad to pay, or pull out a debit or credit card. When I carry cash, I think about something I want to buy, and often put it back. Something about paying in cash that gives it a whole new perspective (for me, anyway).
Yes! I totally spend less when I use cash. You actually pay attention to the value of money when you see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom