The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

He knew it was coming. First he was like, "I hope you didn't pay for TurboTax" and then when my mom and I asked him if he understood the meaning of the word free (literally we both said it at once), then he was fine.

He's still trying to say that doing taxes by hand and sending them in via mail is the correct way to do things....he also tells me I should mail in my credit card payments every month instead of paying online, and we know that isn't happening. I think I'm going to start a list: stuff Dad thinks I should do but isn't happening...
Why does he think you should mail it in? With the way the US postal service works? What happens if the check gets lost? I don't think there is an award for making payments with snail mail.

Songbird76

Luckily it is very clear when you walk past that it is a regular cafe and not a coffee shop.
That being said, many years ago my Opa told me he was happy a new cafe had opened near him and he had already been twice for a coffee and a chat. I walked past the new cafe on my way home and saw that my opa's cafe was actually a coffee shop. I had to tell him to stop going there as some unsavoury people frequent those places.
Whoops! Poor opa! Well, when I came over to visit my husband before we were married, I had no idea what a coffee shop was...nor did I know what the water pipes were in a store window. I thought it was a shop for blown glass. I was like..."Oh, those are so pretty.....what are they?" 🤦 I was pretty naive.

12in12

Just did my DS's passport in January at village hall. Must be paid by check. Of course, the clerk pointed out it is usually the parent that writes the check, as most college age kids these days don't have checks.
It is strange the way government are slow to change sometime. I needed to apply for a British driving licence and I had to go to the post office to get a money order to pay for it. I also needed to send my expired licence and either passport or ID card to them. It would take up to 6 weeks to get my passport back so that just wasn't an option as I need to be able to go to the Netherlands if there is an issue with my family. I had to first get a Dutch ID card (€130) so I could send that with my drivers license and money order to get my new British licence.
At least at the Dutch embassy they let you pay by card. :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, my life being what it is,.... when I ordered a tomboy but received a Disney princess instead.....

Bon Voyage
1900 Park Fare - dinner with Cinderella
Cinderella's Royal Table
Akershus

And Tusker House because she loves Daisy and the food there was phenomenal last time we went.

Might have to sell her to pay for it all though, LOL. how much does a mouthy 4 year old go for these days on the black market?? LOL
2 boys:angelic:

Rista1313

It is strange the way government are slow to change sometime. I needed to apply for a British driving licence and I had to go to the post office to get a money order to pay for it. I also needed to send my expired licence and either passport or ID card to them. It would take up to 6 weeks to get my passport back so that just wasn't an option as I need to be able to go to the Netherlands if there is an issue with my family. I had to first get a Dutch ID card (€130) so I could send that with my drivers license and money order to get my new British licence.
At least at the Dutch embassy they let you pay by card. :D

Our passports for standard non expedited service say 4-6 weeks, but I just got a tracking number for them, which puts them at 3 weeks right now. Not bad. Now I just have to decide where to go next!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom