News 'Awesome Planet' coming to The Land pavilion

disnyfan89

“Living with the Good Dinosaur” confirmed!

JohnD

The article also confirms what has been going around here: that Impressions de France will be playing throughout the day, but alternating with the BatB sing-a-long. Or was that already confirmed?

EDIT: Clarified better that Impressions wasn't being replaced, but sharing theater space with BatB

Might need a separate thread for the news that the new BATB show will be alternating with IdF. Very interesting that they are very aware of fans' memories of Epcot also:

"We’re aware, of course, that each time we touch Epcot, we are touching the setting for millions of precious family memories. So, we are very careful stewards of this park.
“Beauty and the Beast” Sing-Along will rotate, for instance, with “Impressions de France,” which retains its place in Guinness World Records as the longest-running daily screened film in the world.

The Empress Lilly

If the new movie is any good maybe they can play it in Soarin' too....

LwtL needs a good round of maintenance, some tlc, but is not in need of an overhaul

Small World no more needs to be in WS than Liberty Square needs to be rebuild next to the American Adventure

If Disney acknowledges fan attachment in maintaining IDF next to BatB, maybe they can play Symbiosis next to Awesome Planet... (pretty please? Just once a week? I'll be there! I'll even buy some retro junk!)

CaptainAmerica

I’m torn. On the one hand it sounds like a great fit for The Land. On the other hand I see CGI Soarin’, CGI Coaster in a Box, CGI Space Restaurant; are we gonna get CGI Canada and CGI China? Illuminations:CGI?

There is beauty in reality, I hope they find a happy medium.
I don't see any reason to believe there would be any CGI in this whatsoever. It strikes me as Planet Earth basically.

David Attenborough narrates or we riot.

Animaniac93-98

Yes it is still such a relevant attraction! I rode with with two 7 years old this past week and they were entranced the entire time. It just disproves what many on here claim, that kids don't want to learn while on vacation.

It's still a unique experience that you can't find at other amusement parks or museums.

Even if you can find a boat ride through a green house, where else are you going to find one with the Disney-style show scenes before hand or the revolving restaurant on top of them?

eddie104

Yes it is still such a relevant attraction! I rode with with two 7 years old this past week and they were entranced the entire time. It just disproves what many on here claim, that kids don't want to learn while on vacation.
I would be so upset if they ever replaced it because it’s of my favorite attractions at Epcot. I’m okay with new ride vehicles, animatronics and some refreshed scenes. Of course the pavilion is a different story as I think they can bring a more modern approach to it without ripping out too much character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom