News 'Awesome Planet' coming to The Land pavilion

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
“Awesome Planet,” an on-screen exploration of the realm we call home, showcases the spectacular beauty, diversity and dynamic story of our earth with all the grandeur guests have come to expect.

With spectacular nature photography, immersive in-theater effects, and space sequences created by none other than Industrial Light & Magic (which provided the cinematic foundation for the Star Wars franchise), “Awesome Planet” will stir Epcot guests and deliver an environmental message that will resonate far beyond its final scenes.

Kman101

“Awesome Planet,” an on-screen exploration of the realm we call home, showcases the spectacular beauty, diversity and dynamic story of our earth with all the grandeur guests have come to expect.

With spectacular nature photography, immersive in-theater effects, and space sequences created by none other than Industrial Light & Magic (which provided the cinematic foundation for the Star Wars franchise), “Awesome Planet” will stir Epcot guests and deliver an environmental message that will resonate far beyond its final scenes.

Wow! So Harvest Theater does indeed get it's replacement?

Is this non IP? I find it hard to believe so I'll taper expectations, but this sounds good!

Epcot_Imagineer

The article also confirms what has been going around here: that Impressions de France will be playing throughout the day, but alternating with the BatB sing-a-long. Or was that already confirmed?

EDIT: Clarified better that Impressions wasn't being replaced, but sharing theater space with BatB

Last edited:

Kamikaze

The article also confirms what has been going around here that Impressions de France will be swapping with BatB. Or was that already confirmed?

Not sure if it was officially confirmed, but 'swapping' isn't the correct word, I don't think. To me, swapping means they are just replacing IdF with BatB, when in reality both shows will be available daily.

trainplane3

The article also confirms what has been going around here that Impressions de France will be swapping with BatB. Or was that already confirmed?
Disney did come out and say IdF wasn't leaving but I don't believe they specifically said "rotation", something like "IdF will continue showing" but it wasn't specified how. This is probably more of a reassurance for everyone.

This sounds like a great addition to the Land though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom