Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m very confused as to the overall theme of this reimagined EPCOT. So the plan is to remove Innoventions West, the Starbucks (the basics are losing their sh*t), and the Coke store in favor of a bunch of trees and green space? I don’t understand how this will be cohesive with the “prototype center of tomorrow” idea.

Why is losing a Coke store and a Starbucks store creating confusion with regard to theming? Their presence was never thematic to begin with.

Anyway, based on a weak rumor, the Starbucks will take over the counter service at Oddessey. Coke already has plenty of placement all over Epcot.

As to the theme of Future World... it's dead. Been mostly dead. Going to get deader. In place of Innoventions West will be both green space and festival stuff.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

Why is losing a Coke store and a Starbucks store creating confusion with regard to theming? There presence was never thematic to begin with.

Anyway, based on a weak rumor, the Starbucks will take over the counter service at Oddessey. Coke already has plenty of placement all over Epcot.

As to the theme of Future World... it's dead. Been mostly dead. Going to get deader. In place of Innoventions West will be both green space and festival stuff.
So will Club Cool get a new place somewhere like rumored? And what about Innoventions East?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So will Club Cool get a new place somewhere like rumored? And what about Innoventions East?

I've not heard or seen any info on Club Cool relocating. The existence of a Coke establishment in DS and its ubiquity in the parks already would indicate there is no need to relocate it.

East is getting major refurb. Store staying. What else is unknown until an Insider shares.

Disney Maddux

I've not heard or seen any info on Club Cool relocating. The existence of a Coke establishment in DS and its ubiquity in the parks already would indicate there is no need to relocate it.

East is getting major refurb. Store staying. What else is unknown until an Insider shares.
A major refurb? Could this mean it could turn from Innoventions East into just Innoventions?

Goofyernmost

Or maybe just E-I-E-I-NO-INNOVATIONS. We should all just accept and learn to love the fact that it is no longer an Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow tribute to Walt's dream. I don't know at all what it will end up being, but, I'm pretty sure that the entire atmosphere will be completely different and I also think it will be able to pump new life into the park without losing the aesthetic beauty of the place. Just my opinion, but, it seems inevitable. At best Future World will be a #fillintheblankworld.

EDIT: To correct a massive Brain Cramp... My apologize to all Tomorrowland fans. 🙃

Last edited:

deWild

Why is losing a Coke store and a Starbucks store creating confusion with regard to theming? Their presence was never thematic to begin with.

I don’t think I’m concerned with losing theming with the removal of the Starbucks and Coke store, but rather I’m confused as to why they wouldn’t attempt to create a more cohesive theme with the replacement.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I don’t think I’m concerned with losing theming with the removal of the Starbucks and Coke store, but rather I’m confused as to why they wouldn’t attempt to create a more cohesive theme with the replacement.

Based on what they're doing, it seems that with the Future World theme dying off, that the World Showcase theme will encroach more and more on what was Future World. Welcome to FestCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom